Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I feel like we’re definitely gonna get an HHN this year but I don’t know if I feel confident in saying it’ll be just like any other year. I feel like, as of now, we could still be looking at a slightly altered or modified version, but, time will tell.

Well, we wouldn’t want the 30th to be just any other year, now would we? #alwayslookonthebrightsideoflife

Reactions: Grabnar
I expect it, because they’ve been trying to shift both coasts to years. Since a year was skipped, there’s an excuse to go all into years.
I wonder if year merch or numbered merch sells better

HHN 2021 doesn't sound as cool as HHN 30 to me

But perhaps I am too traditionalist

From what I've gathered, most are assuming there will still be a mask mandate for the event. I've been following what the experts are saying and I'm under the impression that masks should be done by then. I'm not an anti-masker or someone trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to understand where some are coming from w these thoughts. Glad to have the thread open!

From what I've gathered, most are assuming there will still be a mask mandate for the event. I've been following what the experts are saying and I'm under the impression that masks should be done by then. I'm not an anti-masker or someone trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to understand where some are coming from w these thoughts. Glad to have the thread open!
Fauci is predicting masks will still be required until 2022.

That said, this thread isn’t the place to discuss it.

Well, people had mentioned it and I wanted to know their reasoning... so it is the place to ask. Also, here's a more up to date article. Fauci predicts that people will be able to go back to singing in church by mid-fall, when an 'overwhelming proportion' of the US has been vaccinated
We have a COVID thread to discuss the vaccinations in General Discussion. Talking about masks on a national level can take place there.

EDIT - Also, the lede actually qualifies the headline with, “if the US vaccinates people ‘appropriately, effectively, and efficiently.’”

That still hasn’t really happened yet.

We have a COVID thread to discuss the vaccinations in General Discussion. Talking about masks on a national level can take place there.
Fair enough, but they were being mentioned in this thread, say rather than dm'ing people, was just looking for their reasonings. I will check the other thread, thanks for the heads up and what you contribute every year!

Fauci is predicting masks will still be required until 2022.

That said, this thread isn’t the place to discuss it.
I mean, anyone expecting anything different wasn't living in reality. Especially since even once you have the vaccine in full you still need to wear masks as they think it's possible that, while you are likely most likely not going to get COVID (although the variants make things more complicated), you could be a spreader of the virus still.

Honestly, I'm completely expecting safety protocols to be exactly like HHN-Lite. At this point, there's no reason not to. If we get to July and all 95% of the population is vaccinated and going to bars and concerts maskless again then sure, no plexiglass or facemasks. But the way things have gone thus far doesn't make me too optimistic about that.

So in overall we have came to the conclusion that Billie is the only house getting replaced????
No conclusion yet, I'd give it a few more months until they either break down Bride and Tooth or hear something until then.
To my knowledge, nothing from last year was struck (apart from Billie, which was never finished). The absolute latest something would get struck for a new house is mid-May. That gives three months for a new house to be completed. If it does happen, it would likely happen that time as to limit how long they have to pay contractors.

That said, technically, no house that opened last year has appeared at Halloween Horror Nights. Assuming the houses are still serviceable, there is no actual reason to replace them.

Does anybody think the Billie replacement will be some kind of music house? I can't think of any artists as big as Billie but she was being used to draw in a certain demographic and I'm just curious if they will try to find a replacement that would also bring that same demographic to the event.

Does anybody think the Billie replacement will be some kind of music house? I can't think of any artists as big as Billie but she was being used to draw in a certain demographic and I'm just curious if they will try to find a replacement that would also bring that same demographic to the event.
I'm not sure what other artists would capture the same demographic while also having a horrific vibe. Honestly, I think losing Billie was a huge tragedy since that would have definitely introduced alot of new fans to the event. I don't know any properties that would have the same draw as Billie would have had except for maybe Stranger Things or something (But I don't think they'd want Stranger Things in Shrek).

I saw this great idea a while back for an Iron Maiden house...

Status
Not open for further replies.