Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like they’ll want to get a bigger IP, with Billie being the one of the headliners of the event, I think they’d want to replace that with something that is also pretty big
I think if it is Halloween 3 they would hype it up as this a big IP and focus are marketing on Micheal. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave it a original name to make it a bigger deal then it actually is lol

No, I think only Halloween Kills is coming out and they pushed off Halloween Ends to next year.

Correct, Halloween Ends is scheduled for 2022.

As for the Shrek house replacement, it's definitely a unique "?" since it could honestly go either way between an IP or original. My gut feeling is saying it'll be a new original. That lines up nicely in the direction this year is looking. Some IP's here, some Anniversary houses there, and several new originals as well.

Now if they are going in a IP route, Halloween 3 is not a bad idea. Though I forgot, wasn't it mentioned there was a studio/group in discussions with Uni not to long ago?

Personally I don’t see a Halloween 3/Michael house coming to Orlando. Hollywood has made a original house out of a IP before (TCM Blood Brothers) but I just don’t see Orlando doing a original IP house honestly. Honestly if we were to get Halloween representation this year I would prefer a remake of the Classic Halloween 1 house just like Texas chainsaw is doing.

Personally I don’t see a Halloween 3/Michael house coming to Orlando. Hollywood has made a original house out of a IP before (TCM Blood Brothers) but I just don’t see Orlando doing a original IP house honestly. Honestly if we were to get Halloween representation this year I would prefer a remake of the Classic Halloween 1 house just like Texas chainsaw is doing.
Weren't a lot of past mazes sorta original twists on IPs? like the 2007 F13 and NoES mazes come to mind, even though they used a lot of scenes from the movies, the story they were framed around was unique to the mazes, if im not mistaken. FvJ on both coasts kind of struck me the same way.

Weren't a lot of past mazes sorta original twists on IPs? like the 2007 F13 and NoES mazes come to mind, even though they used a lot of scenes from the movies, the story they were framed around was unique to the mazes, if im not mistaken. FvJ on both coasts kind of struck me the same way.
Possibly but they basically just were mashup houses rather then completely changing a story to add Michael

Regarding "Original IP's", Orlando has actually done them before. 2007's The Thing: Assimilation immediately comes to mind as that was a sequel with MacReady's and Child's bodies brought to a facility in Florida. Friday the 13th: Camp Blood and Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers were original spins with familiar elements of the films. 2018's Poltergeist also had it's original spins with A&D being granted permission to take us into the light.

* There's also 2009's Chucky: Friends til the End. An the Exorcist had to go in original ways due to the challenge of making a house outta' that one.

Regarding "Original IP's", Orlando has actually done them before. 2007's The Thing: Assimilation immediately comes to mind as that was a sequel with MacReady's and Child's bodies brought to a facility in Florida. Friday the 13th: Camp Blood and Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers were original spins with familiar elements of the films. 2018's Poltergeist also had it's original spins with A&D being granted permission to take us into the light.

* There's also 2009's Chucky: Friends til the End. An the Exorcist had to go in original ways due to the challenge of making a house outta' that one.
I feel like I phrased it wrong lol. Friday, Nightmare were basically mash up houses which used the franchise name but didn’t pin point entirely a certain film. I mostly meant I don’t see Halloween 3 being the house and them changing the main point of the film which was to be a Halloween film without Michael. I just see something like Halloween 5 being more likely for us if we were to get Michael.

I'm willing to bet money Shrek will be an original. I know nothing, just a gut feeling considering they're probably trying to save money this year. The only reason I think they would go with an IP here is if they feel like the event needs another IP with the loss of Eillish. Although the thing about this year is I don't think anyone is going to care about IP's. The world has basically been closed as far as big events like HHN for over a year so just the fact that the event will be going on will be the attraction this year.

I feel like I phrased it wrong lol. Friday, Nightmare were basically mash up houses which used the franchise name but didn’t pin point entirely a certain film. I mostly meant I don’t see Halloween 3 being the house and them changing the main point of the film which was to be a Halloween film without Michael. I just see something like Halloween 5 being more likely for us if we were to get Michael.

Ok, not seeing them add in Michael to Halloween 3 makes more sense! Thanks for the clarification on that.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
I'm willing to bet money Shrek will be an original. I know nothing, just a gut feeling considering they're probably trying to save money this year. The only reason I think they would go with an IP here is if they feel like the event needs another IP with the loss of Eillish. Although the thing about this year is I don't think anyone is going to care about IP's. The world has basically been closed as far as big events like HHN for over a year so just the fact that the event will be going on will be the attraction this year.
I'll bet you a butterbeer

They were betting on Ellish being their "Stranger Things" for this year - relevant, merch pusher, and easy to market. I'm sure they have at least discussed the possibility of an IP replacement in a similar capacity before going the original route.
I mean the issue is there’s not really any IPs on the same level as Billie would of been

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.