Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Food & Drink | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Food & Drink

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wanna Play Beignet was really tasty and I would recommend trying it.

I was most looking forward to the Spoiled Bear Meat, thinking it would be a spicy/savory rice crispy treat made from Flaming Cheetos. It was a stale piece of dog poop and after a few bites we threw the rest away. Truly awful and one of the worst things I've ever eaten anywhere.

• Sad
Reactions: SeventyOne
Something I noticed this last week - The beer prices differed for the same thing in different locations. Lacto cooler from The Weeknd bar and other food trucks was posted as $12.something. Lacto cooler from the small portable drink stands (like the one outside of the SpongeBob store) had prices listed at $13.something. I don’t think it’s a tax thing (sales tax included in one location and added at a different one) since the $12 version of the same beer didn’t come out to a nice round number.

Otherwise food wasn’t bad.

• The cauliflower from Meetz was great.
  • The sambusa was excellent.
  • Pepperoni Pizza skull was OK. A little uncooked on the inside and not much pepperoni, but it gets more pints from me for not using the sickly sweet tomato sauce from the Pizza Fries. (Kick me off this forum for this opinion if you must but the Pizza fries are too sweet due to the sauce!)
  • The 2 Mac and cheese dishes were tasty as well.

Last edited:
Legit the saddest part of my trip was Dufftoberfest not being available. Glad it's back and hopefully they'll have extra after HHN ends like last year. Was able to enjoy it during the holiday stuff.

Reactions: jseal777
For me I got a refill in the blinky and got a double and charged the refill price. Friend bought a new blinky and asked for a double and just got charged the blinky price. Since the blinky is bigger than the regular cups for the liquor drinks I think they make the refill a double or else it would be diluted with the 20oz cup. That's why the liquor refill price isn't discounted vs the regular price I think as well. Not sure if that is officially how it's supposed to operate back there but that is my conjecture.

When I was there the other weekend the bartender told me that the blinky refills were a double for the price of a single

Reactions: sjago13
Tardy but finally got hungry enough to brave the lines. The pizza skull was fine. Nicely thick with 'roni, and the crust seemed a step up from what they usually use. Beautiful presentation, as well, but the marinara is basically sweet ketchup.

The potato/lentil coffin was amazing. Flaky crust, great slightly spicy flavors, surprisingly filling. Halloweeny but still easy-to-carry street food. Sure it would've been better with some beef or lamb. :grin: But this carnivore is here to tell you the vegan dish was his favorite at HHN.

Reactions: MrBlonde
Something I noticed this last week - The beer prices differed for the same thing in different locations. Lacto cooler from The Weeknd bar and other food trucks was posted as $12.something. Lacto cooler from the small portable drink stands (like the one outside of the SpongeBob store) had prices listed at $13.something. I don’t think it’s a tax thing (sales tax included in one location and added at a different one) since the $12 version of the same beer didn’t come out to a nice round number.

It's sales tax (one is inclusive, one isn't) but also trying to make it easier for both guest and TM since vending may have higher % of cash transactions / less capability to deal with handling a lot of change and price points ending in multiples of .25 are obviously quicker to manage.

It's very common for snack carts or temporary kiosks to round to the closest $0.25. Food & Wine does this, as well as a bunch of ice cream stands at WDW that include tax. Like what vgp says, it reduces the number of coins a stand needs to have on hand.

It's sales tax (one is inclusive, one isn't) but also trying to make it easier for both guest and TM since vending may have higher % of cash transactions / less capability to deal with handling a lot of change and price points ending in multiples of .25 are obviously quicker to manage.

It's still confusing for the guest if true. FWIW, I don't recall the price at the kiosk (the location with the higher posted price and maybe with tax included) being a multiple of $.25

Could be wrong tho if someone who's gone more recently can confirm?