Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Food & Drink

My korean friend was upset they marketed as korean style with korean sauce/flavors. She was not happy with her maggot dog
We literally went to MochiNut a few miles away from the park to get some decent Korean corn dogs for lunch the next day lol

Tried the spicy fried chicken offals last night. Chicken was so dry and chewy. Which is a shame because the flavor and presentation was so good.
We had a pretty rough time with the offals too on Saturday. Ours weren't dry, but it was 75% skin that did not really feel cooked. It wasn't crispy at all. The sauce was good, but we couldn't get past the texture. My sister in law and her boyfriend also shared the chicken and their stomachs were off for the rest of the night. Cauliflower was much better though!

Can anyone else confirm this? I have taken a backpack with 6ish waters every year I have gone and never had any issues. Of course they take a look at all the bottles and use their various tricks to verify that it is in fact water in them, but I have always been able to bring them in. It would be a very disappointing change.
Haven't been enough to know the rules this year, but every other year it was totally random as to whether or not you would make it through with a sealed bottle or not. I definitely would think twice about brining in a bunch with you just in case you get that person that dumps or throws them all away.

We generally go with one bottle that I finish before going through security (extra bottle just in case) and another one sealed and hope for the best.

Haven't been enough to know the rules this year, but every other year it was totally random as to whether or not you would make it through with a sealed bottle or not. I definitely would think twice about brining in a bunch with you just in case you get that person that dumps or throws them all away.

We generally go with one bottle that I finish before going through security (extra bottle just in case) and another one sealed and hope for the best.

To my knowledge, open bottles have always been a no go, but sealed bottles are supposed to be allowed.

I've brought in sealed cans of red bull and sealed bottles of water consistently. They might just ask to check it if it's in a bag first.

To my knowledge, open bottles have always been a no go, but sealed bottles are supposed to be allowed.
I agree that is what is supposed to be done, but in my experiences I would say its about 10-20% chance that they will still tell you to dump it or throw it away. Maybe different drinks have different odds of getting pitched, I normally used to bring Gatorade with me because the spouts were bigger and easier to fill.

Two things:
  1. Has anyone had the Petrified Rat Tails? It reminds of a deconstructed crab rangoon, and I’m thinking about trying it.
  2. Any standout drinks? Also, where do they lie on the sweetness scale?

Two things:
  1. Has anyone had the Petrified Rat Tails? It reminds of a deconstructed crab rangoon, and I’m thinking about trying it.

I haven't had it yet, but I've heard comparisons to the crab beignets at Mardi Gras. It's definitely going to be a softer consistency than rangoon.

Also interested in the drinks. I want a blinky cup, but I don't want to spend over $10 on a drink I'll hate.

We had a pretty rough time with the offals too on Saturday. Ours weren't dry, but it was 75% skin that did not really feel cooked. It wasn't crispy at all. The sauce was good, but wew couldn't get past the texture. My sister in law and her boyfriend also shared the chicken and their stomachs were off for the rest of the night. Cauliflower was much better though!

We had the chicken offal and thought based on the taste it was one of the best offerings of HHN. We had it early in the night and that could be the difference. Booth is confusing, and the "offal" they show in the front is confusing as to what you are getting. By later in the night it may be overdone and dry sitting in the warming oven. Friend of ours works at one of the Loews Hotels and thought it was some sort of rice krispies for sale and he's walked by it ar least 5 times. Good concept but confusing execution.

I haven't had it yet, but I've heard comparisons to the crab beignets at Mardi Gras. It's definitely going to be a softer consistency than rangoon.

Also interested in the drinks. I want a blinky cup, but I don't want to spend over $10 on a drink I'll hate.
I didn't really pay attention to the price since I got some water and something else, but at Secret Bar I got a double gin and tonic (fresh made) and it came in a blinky cup. Wish I knew if I paid extra for it or not but it was definitely a good drink.

Two things:
I had the rat tails. I liked em. They are funnel cake type fries with a crab dip on top so the crab beignet comparison is apt. Liked those a lot too. Also has some old bay type seasoning so there's a bit of spice as well.

Specialty drinks are awful this year - very sugary with little alcohol (except the Save Your Tears).

If you do get a specialty drink, ask for a little bit of ice as they are loading the cup with a ridiculous amount of ice.

Specialty drinks are awful this year - very sugary with little alcohol (except the Save Your Tears).

If you do get a specialty drink, ask for a little bit of ice as they are loading the cup with a ridiculous amount of ice.

The only good drink specialty drink this year is Bog Slime 2. Sucks after last year's being pretty good.

Go behind Lombard's. One of those bars has blinky cups and you can get whatever handmade cocktail you want in it.

I didn't really pay attention to the price since I got some water and something else, but at Secret Bar I got a double gin and tonic (fresh made) and it came in a blinky cup. Wish I knew if I paid extra for it or not but it was definitely a good drink.
For me I got a refill in the blinky and got a double and charged the refill price. Friend bought a new blinky and asked for a double and just got charged the blinky price. Since the blinky is bigger than the regular cups for the liquor drinks I think they make the refill a double or else it would be diluted with the 20oz cup. That's why the liquor refill price isn't discounted vs the regular price I think as well. Not sure if that is officially how it's supposed to operate back there but that is my conjecture.