Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Food & Drink | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Food & Drink

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At meatz they ran out of cauliflower at 8pm on opening night. Idk how you bungle that or if they fixed it by the end of the night but just weird. Gave a free upgrade to the chicken which was really good.

Reactions: Clive
I didn’t like the gochujang chicken at Meetz, thought it was overly sweet and candied. Not a lot of chicken in my basket either. Mostly clumped batter.

Reactions: snayberry
The Lil Boo Pumpkin bun was awful. The Petrified Rat Tails were bizarre but decent. The Spicy Fried Chicken "Offals" tasted very good, but we also had very little actual chicken in ours. I think we had a lot of chicken skins, which were kind of like Pork Rinds.

Did anybody do the Scare Actor Dining? We're thinking about going on Wednesday at 5:45pm. How does it work? Where do we go to check in, since the park is closed at that time?

The fried chicken sandwich cart over by Richter’s didn’t return this year, did it?

I haven’t seen anything acknowledging its presence, but I didn’t want to assume one way or the other.

So, do we know what's up with the end of the Meetz booth? Is it a boo-hole, photo op, or just kinda nothing?

The Witches Stew and Cornbread from the food truck near Rockit is legit. Really good and decently priced. Probably the best food item I've had at USF.
Is the mobile ordering available for the food trucks pop up kitchens? I was not super clear on that. Saw something about qr codes, yes I am "that" older person who stumbles around with new technology.

Is the mobile ordering available for the food trucks pop up kitchens? I was not super clear on that. Saw something about qr codes, yes I am "that" older person who stumbles around with new technology.
I believe the QR codes are just to view the menus.

Some food and beverage thoughts for your viewing pleasure:

Blinky Cup Drinks
I had 4 of the drinks (Electric Death, Samhain Shocker, Save Your Tears, Dirty Valentine), plus I had experienced Ghoul Juice last year. Save Your Tears was the only one where I felt like I tasted the alcohol, but I wasn't a fan of the bubble tea ball things. Samhain Shocker was okay for the first couple sips, then it was a chore to put down the rest. Electric Death has a strong pineapple taste, but pretty decent. Dirty Valentine was good as any normal Shirley Temple, but legitimately might've been missing the vodka when they pre-mixed it.

I've done 4 years of Blinky cup drinks, and each year I've gotten less and less enjoyment out of them. I'll probably try one or two in the future if they really speak to me, but probably working with beer going forward.

Beer
I'm not a Dufftoberfest drinker, but it was not there as of last weekend for anyone curious (I know it's not technically an HHN drink, but close enough). One time they refilled my Blinky cup behind the bar with Duff, second time they couldn't take it behind the bar, but gave me the discount and said to just pour the plastic cup into the Blinky cup. Does save a dollar-ish so either way is fine with me.

The bars behind Lombard's are an absolute lifesaver. There's 3 (I think?), and they had nonexistent lines. Poison Snakebite was the highlight of my trip -- Strongbow and Harp stacked on one another with something else poured in (honestly have no idea what it was just saw something being poured in from the jigger). Also had a delicious $10 Bud Light. Something about those aluminum bottles hits different.

Food
Had a Twisted Tater for the first time...what were some of y'all smoking when you gassed this up to be the greatest HHN snack? It's just a harder version of a potato chip...on a stick. Also had the fried Twinkie, which was pretty good, just couldn't finish the whole thing myself or I might've booted. Friend had the Witch's Cauldron Stew and spoke very highly of it.

Closing Thoughts
The lines for these stands were NUTS. Some of them were open during daytime operations, so if it's a food you'd want, go for it then and save yourself the time in line. Didn't see them really die down again until after midnight. Saw a lot of people with the Lacto-Cooler beer, and one of the F&B employees was really hyping it up to me. Not a craft beer guy, so I didn't want to drop $12 on something I probably wouldn't love, but maybe it's good? Would've tried more stuff overall if the lines weren't so nuts.

My other big takeaway on the drinks side of things this year was that the best pre-game buzz is going to come from real bars outside of the park. Finally having experienced it, I can personally recommend hitting Strongwater. Drinks were..strong..and the food was delicious too. Any real bar should be significantly stronger pours than what the pre-mixed drinks give in the park, plus they're usually not that crowded.

The lines for these stands were NUTS. Some of them were open during daytime operations, so if it's a food you'd want, go for it then and save yourself the time in line. Didn't see them really die down again until after midnight.

My friend is only going for one night, but wants to focus on the food. Do you remember which stands were open during the day? Might help us strategize things a bit.

My friend is only going for one night, but wants to focus on the food. Do you remember which stands were open during the day? Might help us strategize things a bit.
The Twisted Tater stand by the KidZone flags (in front of Animal Actors) was open mid day last weekend. I'm guessing you could get everything besides the mixed drinks. The food trucks (in front of the Music Plaza and across from Fast & Furious) were also open.

I didn't use the NY Stay & Scream this year, but I know in prior years they've opened up those food tents (and the big Transformers bar) during that park turnover period as well.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The Twisted Tater stand by the KidZone flags (in front of Animal Actors) was open mid day last weekend. I'm guessing you could get everything besides the mixed drinks. The food trucks (in front of the Music Plaza and across from Fast & Furious) were also open.

I didn't use the NY Stay & Scream this year, but I know in prior years they've opened up those food tents (and the big Transformers bar) during that park turnover period as well.
Are they allowing people to bring in sealed water bottles?