Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On operations, I was there last week, did they make some of the walks to the outer mazes extra long this year?

I don't mind the extra walking, but it takes time away from doing more interesting things.

@Legacy did I see you at IOA on Tue 20th Sept, or was that some other bearded dude lol?

On operations, I was there last week, did they make some of the walks to the outer mazes extra long this year?

I don't mind the extra walking, but it takes time away from doing more interesting things.

@Legacy did I see you at IOA on Tue 20th Sept, or was that some other bearded dude lol?
I haven’t been at the parks in a decade :lol:

Also not bearded.

Lol I must have you mixed up with someone else prominent in the haunt community lol. I'll put it down to being an ignorant foreign tourist.
Lol - no problem. I rarely post pictures of myself (though some old ones exist-I have changed all that much since high school).

Reactions: HHNObsession
Anyone else find it a bit tacky that guests with tickets for the 28th/29th have to pay the difference to attend another date if its more expensive? I'm sure there are some locals who can just attend an evenly-priced Wednesday or Thursday later in the event, but if you're a vacationer who's only down there for a week, it's either pay up more money or try to get a refund. Feels like a cheap way to scrounge an extra $25 out of customers who already have had their vacation drastically altered by this hurricane...

I do not like it, but it must be 'industry standard' as the house of mouse does it -- I think the mouse house priced MNSSHP tickets counting on SEPT wash outs up buying into OCT -- their tickets had over $100 price differences that folks had to make up for -- I swear it seems like not so long ago $100 would get you into a night, not what was needed to 'make right' a $150 night in place of a $250 night.

Reactions: HHNObsession
Can’t speak for inside the parks, but based on the videos I’m seeing around Universal, I can’t imagine the parks or HHN open by tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone!

Reactions: SeventyOne
It will depend on how badly damaged things are and how flooded they are, and how fast water recedes and cleanup can occur. They COULD be open for tomorrow night if the roads can be re-opened to get TMs in from all over the area. That may be the biggest challenge...

Reactions: Alsands
It will depend on how badly damaged things are and how flooded they are, and how fast water recedes and cleanup can occur. They COULD be open for tomorrow night if the roads can be re-opened to get TMs in from all over the area. That may be the biggest challenge...

I wouldn't be shocked if some TMs rode the storm out at the parks to start immediate cleanup today.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I’m on property now. The million dollar question to anyone in the know. Do you all think they open HHN tommorow? I’m far from an expert on these things but I think the water will mostly be gone by tomorrow. All depends if TMs can get in safely.

I’m on property now. The million dollar question to anyone in the know. Do you all think they open HHN tommorow? I’m far from an expert on these things but I think the water will mostly be gone by tomorrow. All depends if TMs can get in safely.

That's the million dollar question, I wouldn't be shocked if they don't open for day operations, but do open for HHN.

I’m going to guess they will do everything in their power to avoid another customer service nightmare with ticket refunds/exchanges. Nevermind the revenue loss.

So barring TMs unable to get there or extensive damage to the streets/houses from flooding, I think it happens tomorrow. But based on some of the videos I’ve seen, the flooding around the park area was really really bad.

I think it's very possible the parks remained closed through the weekend, there's A LOT of flooding in that area.

I’m going to guess they will do everything in their power to avoid another customer service nightmare with ticket refunds/exchanges. Nevermind the revenue loss.

So barring TMs unable to get there or extensive damage to the streets/houses from flooding, I think it happens tomorrow. But based on some of the videos I’ve seen, the flooding around the park area was really really bad.
Definitely all depends the flooding. A couple years back the city where I live we had a whole a below ground highway flooded to street level. The next day the water was gone … granted that wasn’t an hurricane just bad rain fall amounts. Hope everyone remains safe.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
FWIW there’s a curfew in place so that workers can address flooding and debris in the roads…it only lasts until 5pm tonight. Granted, it’s subject to extend but it feels like the city should be navigable again by Friday by a solid margin.

I have a feeling the parks remain closed Friday, but re-open for HHN Friday night, back to normal operations on Saturday. The flooding is starting to recede and if they have all day tomorrow for cleanup they should be able to reopen for HHN in the evening.

Reactions: Vyrus and Alsands
I have a feeling the parks remain closed Friday, but re-open for HHN Friday night, back to normal operations on Saturday. The flooding is starting to recede and if they have all day tomorrow for cleanup they should be able to reopen for HHN in the evening.

This is kind of my hope too, because of the lime stone that Florida is on, its very porous and surface water doesn't usually stick around for long. As long as there isn't major damage to any of the house locations, I feel like we should be good.