Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything is so fluid that I don’t think Universal really can give much info on what “phased openings” really even entail. What they may have planned at this moment could go to sh** by morning if there’s unexpected damage/delays.

Obviously getting parks open is what anyone wants, but after being cooped up in their rooms for the past 48 hours, I think most guests would make the best out of whatever they can. Just like in late Spring 2020 when guests showed up to walk around CityWalk while the parks were closed.

My two cents — whatever offerings are available tomorrow are essentially there to help make the best out of a crappy couple days for resort guests. If it wasn’t for on-site hotels, Universal and WDW would be smart to use tomorrow as an additional cleanup day, just like SeaWorld.

Locals and vacationers who begin trips tomorrow should either delay their trip, or go in with the expectation that nothing will be open besides the hotel.
Seem liked they wanted to at least announce what Disney announced. Agree not sure they even know what that means. The staff at the hotel don’t know. Very true at this point even citywalk being open would be great.

Reactions: Speed and HalfGlass
If the event is cancelled - does Universal automatically process refunds when the park closes unexpectedly? Or do I still need to call them back?

If the event is cancelled - does Universal automatically process refunds when the park closes unexpectedly? Or do I still need to call them back?

Have to call them, it's not automatic, because what if you want to use it and switch to another date.

I have tickets + express for tomorrow, Howl o Scream Sat, and then a 6 house tour on Sunday, I'm keeping my plans to head up this weekend, so if HHN doesn't run then I'll hit up Cocktails and Screams or something horror based on Orlando to get that buzz.

I’m weighing my options if I should cancel my flight down for tomorrow or not. I kind of messed myself up by switching from Cabana Bay to Sapphire Falls this week. I won’t get my deposit back now if I cancel (bad policy if you ask me, but it is what it is) and I already bought my single night ticket for Saturday (should have waited I know). But if I fly down and spend all the money and there isn’t HHN at all this weekend, then the trip will have been for nothing. I have a lot to think about. I would be fine with the trip if I got two nights of understaffed HHN, but if it doesn’t happen at all this weekend, it wouldn’t be worth going.

I obviously know so many people down there are in a much, much, worse situation. But a lot of us have big decisions to make quickly too.

I’m weighing my options if I should cancel my flight down for tomorrow or not. I kind of messed myself up by switching from Cabana Bay to Sapphire Falls this week. I won’t get my deposit back now if I cancel (bad policy if you ask me, but it is what it is) and I already bought my single night ticket for Saturday (should have waited I know). But if I fly down and spend all the money and there isn’t HHN at all this weekend, then the trip will have been for nothing. I have a lot to think about. I would be fine with the trip if I got two nights of understaffed HHN, but if it doesn’t happen at all this weekend, it wouldn’t be worth going.

I obviously know so many people down there are in a much, much, worse situation. But a lot of us have big decisions to make quickly too.

they are making exceptions if your reservation starts tomorrow. They waive the fee and give you all your money back.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe

I don’t know if there’s a timeframe limitation , but for named storms (in Florida or from your destination), you’re usually able to reschedule no charge.

they are making exceptions if you booked starting tomorrow. They waive the fee and give you all your money back.
I had Cabana Bay booked for weeks, but called and modified last night and switched to Sapphire Falls and they told me that I no longer had cancellation protection. I never dreamed it would have caused this much flooding.

I don’t know if there’s a timeframe limitation , but for named storms (in Florida or from your destination), you’re usually able to reschedule no charge.
I messed up and switched resort hotels last night thinking it wouldn’t be as bad as it was. They told me I wouldn’t have any trip protection and I still changed hotels.

Update: Still on hold, almost 2 hours now. I did call the hotel I’m staying at on another line and asked the woman at the front about expectations surrounding what will be open. She said she didn’t know, but I shouldn’t expect any answers until tomorrow morning most likely per her last info check in.

This makes sense if they’re emailing and calling TMs to see who’s available to come in per @Nick.

From what I am reading here you recommend traveling a little later. I am traveling from Europe on Monday and I am worried about whether or not there will be HHN next week, I think I will change the trip to mid October better, no?

From what I am reading here you recommend traveling a little later. I am traveling from Europe on Monday and I am worried about whether or not there will be HHN next week, I think I will change the trip to mid October better, no?
I think the smart move is to delay it to mid-October, if you can. The more of a buffer you can give them to get everything cleaned up and running smoothly, the better your trip will be.

If you have on site reservations - you may not be able to get mid-october. My week, Oct 18-25, has no onsite reservations available at all.

It looks as though HHN tickets are still being sold for tomorrow on the site. That’s promising at least.

And an update - I was on the phone for over 2.5 hours and never got a hold of anyone. We’re biting the bullet and going up hoping we get to HHN tomorrow at least. If not, at least we have drinks and the pool.:grin:

Reactions: Vyrus
It looks as though HHN tickets are still being sold for tomorrow on the site. That’s promising at least.

And an update - I was on the phone for over 2.5 hours and never got a hold of anyone. We’re biting the bullet and going up hoping we get to HHN tomorrow at least. If not, at least we have drinks and the pool.:grin:

Heading up myself today and hoping for the best. Watching the news looks like a lot of the water has receded off a lot of the roads, so crossing fingers and hoping for the best.

Hope all my OTown peeps are safe and sound.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Right now I’m scheduled for a 3:48 flight to Orlando, but I’m waiting to hear more info before I make a final decision. Has anyone heard what things look like in Downtown Orlando/Universal this morning? I don’t know how long it typically takes for flooding to go down in these areas.