Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Exactly what you are doing here is the attitude people had for asking if HHN was opening. I’m not saying losing a vacation is worse then losing a house , I’m saying they both suck. I Didn’t realize people lost their homes in Orlando? Bad things are happening everyday. War in Ukraine, Stampedes in Itaewon … there is always something worse. Can we never be upset about anything because someone, somewhere has it worse?
Bringing up the tragedy in Seoul/on Itaewon street isn’t the great stance you think it is. South Korea canceled basically every single Halloween event because the country is in mourning.

Exactly what you are doing here is the attitude people had for asking if HHN was opening. I’m not saying losing a vacation is worse then losing a house , I’m saying they both suck. I Didn’t realize people lost their homes in Orlando? Bad things are happening everyday. War in Ukraine, Stampedes in Itaewon … there is always something worse. Can we never be upset about anything because someone, somewhere has it worse?
The weird whataboutism deflecting to other issues around the world makes no sense considering that HHN and the hurricane happened literally in the exact same area. You can't tone police a person being annoyed at vacationers when they had nearby apartment complexes and streets flooded only a few miles away from the park.

I'm sure somewhere in Orlando a parent is losing their kid to cancer who'd gladly have their house washed away to fix that. There's always someone going through something worse. Trivializing someone else's problems is bad no matter what your situation is.

I don't see anything beneficial from continuing this conversation.

I'm sorry you to get into personal loss for people to treat you with decency, here or otherwise.

My bad for bringing it up. No one was complaining in fact people were quite complementary to the hotel staff and TMs. People were just asking if the event was running on an HHN page. It would be tone deaf on a community page or the Hurricane Ian page. My family literally clap for the scare actors during a cast change. We have issues we deal with everyday but the one thing that gets us by is looking forward to that vacation in the fall. We are so passionate about the event we have a countdown in our house. I surely didn’t want to offend anyone or make them feel they need to forget about their flooded house and come entertain us. I was just trying to relay how important the event and everyone who partakes in it is to some “ vacationers “.

My bad for bringing it up. No one was complaining in fact people were quite complementary to the hotel staff and TMs. People were just asking if the event was running on an HHN page. It would be tone deaf on a community page or the Hurricane Ian page. My family literally clap for the scare actors during a cast change. We have issues we deal with everyday but the one thing that gets us by is looking forward to that vacation in the fall. We are so passionate about the event we have a countdown in our house. I surely didn’t want to offend anyone or make them feel they need to forget about their flooded house and come entertain us. I was just trying to relay how important the event and everyone who partakes in it is to some “ vacationers “.

Oh I in no way was trying stoke flames or make anyone feel worse. I genuinely meant its unfortunate the discussion became personal.

Now you know how it’s felt like to be me around here!

Well, that doesn't sounds fun at all. Hope it doesn't feel underappreciated - even with my woefully spotty speculation history, even I can see the work the mods put into making this place run smoothly for the rest of us.

Reactions: Allison
@Alsands - could you please provide examples of what you are talking about? You have yet to show any supporting evidence to back up the claim that this stuff was said by TMs.

Also even if it was said by TMs, these were people in distress, working strenuous hours to get the park in good enough shape to even hold an event that night. And anyone saying Universal was essentially ripping you off because a good portion of scare actors wouldn’t be there were only speaking the truth.

I’m not sure why you’ve picked this hill to die on as it’s in poor taste and no one is going to feel bad for vacationers who were staying in hotels built to withstand a hurricane while many people in Orlando had their home flooded.

No one complained, no one threw a hissy fit, no one threw a tantrum. Where are you getting all that from? People were asking if anyone knew if the park was opening on HHN site, that was it. Immediately to be attacked by some saying all you care about is your vacation. My point was it was a bad look. The park across town didn’t have TMs doing that , in fact the next day you would never know anything happen.
You wouldn’t notice anything happened because TMs worked their asses off to get the parks in operational shape for the vacationers. Be thankful that they got the park open as soon as they did instead of complaining.

They helped you out to be able to salvage your trip. Did you even think to donate to the Orlando Red Cross? Or at minimum say thank you to the TMs for making it possible for the parks to be open?

@Alsands - could you please provide examples of what you are talking about? You have yet to show any supporting evidence to back up the claim that this stuff was said by TMs.

Also even if it was said by TMs, these were people in distress, working strenuous hours to get the park in good enough shape to even hold an event that night. And anyone saying Universal was essentially ripping you off because a good portion of scare actors wouldn’t be there were only speaking the truth.

I’m not sure why you’ve picked this hill to die on as it’s in poor taste and no one is going to feel bad for vacationers who were staying in hotels built to withstand a hurricane while many people in Orlando had their home flooded.

You wouldn’t notice anything happened because TMs worked their asses off to get the parks in operational shape for the vacationers. Be thankful that they got the park open as soon as they did instead of complaining.

They helped you out to be able to salvage your trip. Did you even think to donate to the Orlando Red Cross? Or at minimum say thank you to the TMs for making it possible for the parks to be open?

Any supporting evidence ?? What do you want me to do take screenshots of comments?? How about you give me supporting evidence that I said anything bad about TMs or I said a vacation is more important than someone having their home flooded. Did I think to donate to Red Cross? Come on , this is getting stupid now . Do you donate to make a wish ? I know there were families dealing with illness , that were there to forget for a few days. This might come off harsh but if you’re looking for a Thank you , you sound a little entitled . I’m sure they were thanked and people paying thousands to be in that park is a thank you , and Universal studios paying them is the companies Thank you. Unless your doing it free , your rarely getting a Thank You.

I didn’t choice this hill to die on. I was responding to a comment about Hollywood scare actors compared to Orlando’s. I said I thought it was a bad look seeing them attack guest on social media for asking if the park was opening. That’s it , if you want to crucify me for that , that’s fine I stand by that. I’m not going to let you paint me even as just a commenter on this page as some Hurricane victim hater.

You don’t think people in them hotels were distressed, people from England that didn’t even know what a Hurricane was. There were all kinds of victims of Hurricane Ian. There were TM’s that had their houses flooded , TM’s who didn’t even lose power. My point was the people staying on site were also victims. Of course they didn’t have the same distress then someone’s house being flooded but they had more then the person who didn’t even lose power. They didn’t take a ride to coco beach, some took a once in a lifetime vacation , I’m sure they were in emotional and financial distress. I would even go as far to say for SOME OF THEM (don’t take this out of context ) , they would probably deal with home damage then lose that vacation with their family.

Last edited:
Ah, this is quite ironic. I was a Make-a-Wish kid, so yes, 100%. I volunteer there multiple times per year and ever since 2017, I have held a yearly fundraiser for them on my birthday as well (which happens to be today in a case of double irony).

Well even more ironic I have a make a wish child and also donate. We also donate and Volunteer for fundraisers for an organization called IDF. Argument aside I hope you are in good health and thank you for what you do!
My apologies if I came off harsh, now you can see why I am so passionate about vacations. I just think of that family who had this one time vacation set up and it was lost. I’m not saying it’s worse than a flood victim, I just have a soft spot for it.

Last edited:
Well even more ironic I have a make a wish child and also donate. We also donate and Volunteer for fundraisers for an organization called IDF. Argument aside I hope you are in good health and thank you for what you do!
Don't worry about me.

I'm not trying to say any one thing is worse than another. Being inconvenienced sucks in every case, but there are levels. So what if a few TMs said some things on HHN pages? Everyone was in distress. The TM's had it rough in their every day lives and i'm sure guests at the hotel were scared. But when you have a bunch of people who just want the park open so they don't miss another night of HHN (and there were quite a few people), it's hard to feel sorry for them when they were acting as if they were entitled to the park being open, an opening that took an army to make happen and could've waited another day.

This might come off harsh but if you’re looking for a Thank you , you sound a little entitled . I’m sure they were thanked and people paying thousands to be in that park is a thank you , and Universal studios paying them is the companies Thank you. Unless your doing it free , your rarely getting a Thank You.

Quoting this but also to anyone else that might look at TM’s this way: if this is the way you expect employees to be treated maybe it’s for the best you find somewhere else to vacation.

Don't worry about me.

I'm not trying to say any one thing is worse than another. Being inconvenienced sucks in every case, but there are levels. So what if a few TMs said some things on HHN pages? Everyone was in distress. The TM's had it rough in their every day lives and i'm sure guests at the hotel were scared. But when you have a bunch of people who just want the park open so they don't miss another night of HHN (and there were quite a few people), it's hard to feel sorry for them when they were acting as if they were entitled to the park being open, an opening that took an army to make happen and could've waited another day.

Alright I won’t worry about you.

This is going places I never wanted it to go. Let’s just agree to disagree.

Does anyone know what the process is tonight for Nightmare Fuel's last show?

I know a few years for B&T they did a wristband, not sure if they did it last year for Nightmare... and I don't want to wait more than half an hour for it lol

Even if not a single home was destroyed -- and plenty were -- there is something decidedly gauche about choosing to vacation here when a hurricane is bearing down on us. You have to know those people working in the hotel aren't home with their family and have no idea what is going on with their home, and probably had little time to prepare.Guests had days of warning to leave. If you stupidly decided to bet on it missing us and lost, whatever derision is heaped upon you for asking stupid questions is deserved.

Unrelated but happy birthday Nick!!!

Halloween night, I enter at midnight.
Super crowded again, at 1 am lines were almost 1 hour for some houses ( too long for being so late), a lot of people way past their bedtimes lolol.
Coven was very long at one point and not moving. Very weird. It was stuck in place

So the queue lines for coven and chupacabra areas were playing the weeknd videos on a loop ( the actual full videos and not just clips) I guess being the last night of hhn and being Halloween, they just chose to play Weeknd as a good bye. It was,very very nice. Lovely to have Weeknd playing in the Pier/ chupa queue area. I really loved it. His music is very soft and dreamlike, definitely a cool experience to have the music there.

I have a very very strong feeling that Weeknd will return next year. I think it is very possible.

Reactions: Darko
How many of you have been to knott's scary farm? My reaction to Dead Man's pier was "Oh this is like a knott's house great!". I know they don't do everything new every year but I found knott's pretty significantly superior. I guess that may depend on what terribly operations people have to deal with or it not being their first time.

Reactions: Lucky Planet