Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact they built their own drop tower instead of renting one for Zombieland: Double Tap tells me they’ll never do a carnival zone with rented rides. I also think HHNO is too polished for that, as it’s something you see at an event like Los Angeles Haunted Hayride.

They didn’t built their own drop tower they built a stationary tower that looked like one.

The cheapness would be kinda the point. There’s a classic aura to that sort of haunt that Universal struggles to replicate. Throw a carney/haunt fest zone back there, complete with rough-wood fencing and a small stage for a live band, and you’d create everyone’s new favorite part of the park because it would be familiar but so unlike every other part of HHN. Enter two/three SS houses back there and suddenly you’ve fixed a whole slew of flow issues.

Exactly my point. A dedicated food/festival center with 3 house entrances back there would make it much easier for people to enter queues and rid the bottleneck of the NY corner and increase walking space in general.

And before anyone mentions it, opening E.T. wouldn't do much for capacity since even on the busiest/sold-out event nights, Simpsons & Transformers would barely reach a 15-min wait. If only USF had another thrill coaster or a very popular IP.

Another solution might be to post wait times honestly instead of inflating wait times to force people to buy express. Might get more people in lines if a 20 minute wait is posted as 20 minutes and not 45 - noticed this is happening more often in Orlando and Hollywood.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Another solution might be to post wait times honestly instead of inflating wait times to force people to buy express. Might get more people in lines if a 20 minute wait is posted as 20 minutes and not 45 - noticed this is happening more often in Orlando and Hollywood.

I actually agree with this, not the "force people to buy express" part though.

Wait-times have been ridiculously off for whatever reason. I've been able to walk right into Puppet Theater this year multiple times when it's been posted at a 45min wait while Wicked Growth would post 15 and have a long line. I know they like to use wait-times as a crowd control measure, but it's gotten out of hand.

I actually agree with this, not the "force people to buy express" part though.

Wait-times have been ridiculously off for whatever reason. I've been able to walk right into Puppet Theater this year multiple times when it's been posted at a 45min wait while Wicked Growth would post 15 and have a long line. I know they like to use wait-times as a crowd control measure, but it's gotten out of hand.

Every night I attended Hollywood this year, Hill House and Pandora’s box would post a 45 minute wait the second they opened, despite the former being maybe 5 min and the latter being a walk on. Such BS for anyone not in that area of the park. Saw that happening with other houses in Orlando this year too.

^Some of that is based on line management staff’s communication & experience levels too, keep that in mind.

Wicked Growth had a couple of shifts where the queue entrance looked like there was a line so long it was coming out of it. But come to find out, that was only because the on-duty staff never adapted the queue as most do to fit the incoming crowd. So the wait was a lot shorter than it looked as a result.

^Some of that is based on line management staff’s communication & experience levels too, keep that in mind.

Wicked Growth had a couple of shifts where the queue entrance looked like there was a line so long it was coming out of it. But come to find out, that was only because the on-duty staff never adapted the queue as most do to fit the incoming crowd. So the wait was a lot shorter than it looked as a result.
IDK, I kept doing WG back to back one night because it was a walk on with a 35 min wait posted. Another time I blew an express for Puppet Theater posted with a 45 min wait despite that being a walk on. Even when I did wait in lines, they were super inflated.

Alright if it would happen i think it would be this year but Ghostbusters Afterlife could make a really cool house and honestly could have more potential for scares then the original house had.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.