Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, with Express - you should have no problem at all getting to do whatever you want all night.
That's great to here, I know the crowds will be heavy and we aren't doing Stay and Scream so the Express pass really seemed like our best bet. Any tips on quick(ish) places to get food or drinks? I've been to UOR many times but never for HHN so just curious what the landscape is like. And I know Express will help us hit everything but is there a good order of operations? I'm most excited to do Dead Man's Pier and Bugs.

That's great to here, I know the crowds will be heavy and we aren't doing Stay and Scream so the Express pass really seemed like our best bet. Any tips on quick(ish) places to get food or drinks? I've been to UOR many times but never for HHN so just curious what the landscape is like. And I know Express will help us hit everything but is there a good order of operations? I'm most excited to do Dead Man's Pier and Bugs.
We've always started in the front of the park but we do Stay and Scream. Dead Man's Pier is closer to the front and Bugs is closer to the back.

As far as food, I hear all the food lines have been insane this year. We got lucky and got into Meetz Meatz without any wait, but that doesn't seem to be the norm.

Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck is a great spot, but I can never remember if they are open for HHN.

Any tips on quick(ish) places to get food or drinks?

Fast Food Blvd hasn't been too bad this year--built for a crowd, plus not as exciting as the seasonal offerings. Rcihters similar, if a bit busier.

Moe's often surprisingly empty.

Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck is a great spot, but I can never remember if they are open for HHN.

It is, but usually has a pretty massive line.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Did anyone try the pretzel roll with dufftoberfest beer cheese? I wanted to, but the lines were always crazy

Split it with my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed it. The pretzel bowl was nothing special, but the cheese was great. Surprised the line was crazy? Every time we've been to Moe's it's empty during HHN.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hi!
I'm going to HHN on Wednesday and never been so late in the season. Is it busy? Does Express sell out or could I purchase a discounted pass later at night? Thank you.

Hi!
I'm going to HHN on Wednesday and never been so late in the season. Is it busy? Does Express sell out or could I purchase a discounted pass later at night? Thank you.

Express has been selling out, I wouldn’t be surprised if they already are sold out . The event itself sold out the last couple nights. Thursday and Sunday are the best days to go. With HHN increasingly becoming more of a destination event, Wednesday had been brutal the last few years.

There are no more slow nights at HHN outside of the post-Hurricane/newly added nights.
Yeah, I see that express is sold out for my night. I've always had Express or a tour. Hope I can get through all the houses. Guess I'll be running to the back, lol. Try to get parked by 4 and check out what's new in City Walk. If I had to skip any houses which ones do you suggest?

Yeah, I see that express is sold out for my night. I've always had Express or a tour. Hope I can get through all the houses. Guess I'll be running to the back, lol. Try to get parked by 4 and check out what's new in City Walk. If I had to skip any houses which ones do you suggest?

I’d skip Spirits of the Coven and Hellblock Horror first. Definitely try to get the after 11 express. If you don’t have stay and scream, make a b-line for the back as they fill up slowly at the start.

Everyone is basically disappointed with hellblock horror and coven. ( I love hellblock but no one liked it)
pier and universal monsters are very excellent. The best houses for me. Amazing sets
Mostly everyone is loving the weeknd. Pretty cool house.

Halloween is good, but same as before.
if you loved the blumhouse movies then it is worth it, but I personally don't like it. A lot of rooms feel the same and Freaky was disappointing. I would skip it if I didn't have time. Faithful to the movies but a lot of dark rooms and repeated rooms, dark hallways. You really have to love black phone. Freaky is so so, black phone kinda scary .

Descendants has very incredible sets. Very worth it. Very amazing use of space. Incredible what they did in a tent.
Bugs is kinda silly. Comedy house.
Chupacabra is pretty beautiful on the sets. Relies on perfect timing for scares. A lot can be missed on timing

It depends on how long you stay. Both descendants and bug house become a 10 minute wait around midnight. Same for chupacabra. around 1 am Hellblock horror is a walk on at this time
Longest lines are Weeknd and Halloween. Very long.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
There are no more slow nights at HHN outside of the post-Hurricane/newly added nights.

Monday was beyond packed (added due to missed nights). I only went through one house, it had three scareactors in it -- I think all the zones had around three people working them -- it typically has not been bad for me to get to the parking lot once off the highway, Monday it took 35 minutes from the overpass to the ticket gate -- another 15 b4 we were in a spot -- walking was nearly impossible over where the Minon construction is -- I typically can find a spot to chill and get away from the crowd, on Monday, 95% of my chill spots were packed -- just to say that 2nd added date was far from slow -- I truly feel bad for anyone who had that as their only night!

Welp, my first night in the park should be tonight; but the president’s flying in to my departing airport, so I’m preparing myself for the worst with potential delays.

About to call Cabana just to inform them and make sure they can extend check-in time for us if need be