Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of the most expensive Halloween events and parks on earth. Somehow this is impossible for them for figure out. The key is the bean counters want to convince you that this is some redistribution of limited resources when they dictate how limited those resources are in the first place.

I mean with this kind of attitude universal might as well cancel that third park right now. Who is going to work it?

No. They've figured a lot of it out. You just don't like the end result. :lol:

Who is going to run them?

No. Really. Universal pulls from the rides to get ops for the houses. They also have to keep the rides open during the day.

It makes no sense to hire new ride ops or line ops strictly for HHN. So they don’t.

So who runs the rides?

Do they not do this in Orlando? A friend of mine who's a Hollywood TM says that USH does hire additional ops TMs for HHN Hollywood and they always look to seasonal hires first before hiring daytime USH TMs to work HHN..

Reactions: UNIrd
Do they not do this in Orlando? A friend of mine who's a Hollywood TM says that USH does hire additional ops TMs for HHN Hollywood and they always look to seasonal hires first before hiring daytime USH TMs to work HHN..
Orlando selects daytime supervisors, who select their own teams, to run ops for HHN. They bring in seasonals (when they can) to supplement day-time operations.

It’s a vestige of how the event was initially constructed: out of hide.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Heading out in a couple weeks with the family, 2 young kids, so wont be doing the night time HHN stuff.. just wondered if any of it spilled out into the daytime, or if it was all just kept exclusive to the later ticketed event. Stuff like food for example, know my two would love that stay puft smores thing

Reactions: Ahmanet
Heading out in a couple weeks with the family, 2 young kids, so wont be doing the night time HHN stuff.. just wondered if any of it spilled out into the daytime, or if it was all just kept exclusive to the later ticketed event. Stuff like food for example, know my two would love that stay puft smores thing

Have never seen food booths open during the day ... but other places like Toothsome have special Halloween food items

Like @Ahmanet said, food booths don't open during the day but you'll be able to get some themed stuff at the Tribute Store and at other random bakeries around the park.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Anyone know anything about this?

I don't like the sound of that. I'm making assumptions of how it works, but if there aren't 120min lines for some houses, that means all those people that were in line, will now have return times and will all be clogging the streets even more.

It's so hard to get around many nights as it is, having people not have to wait in long lines is just going to make the streets and food/drink lines that much crazier if people are just killing time until it's their turn. Or they'll be going to houses with short lines and making those lines longer so everything will have hour long lines.

I hope I'm just overreacting to something I don't completely understand.

I don't like the sound of that. I'm making assumptions of how it works, but if there aren't 120min lines for some houses, that means all those people that were in line, will now have return times and will all be clogging the streets even more.

It's so hard to get around many nights as it is, having people not have to wait in long lines is just going to make the streets and food/drink lines that much crazier if people are just killing time until it's their turn. Or they'll be going to houses with short lines and making those lines longer so everything will have hour long lines.

I hope I'm just overreacting to something I don't completely understand.
I think the return times are just for individuals with the accessibility card through IBCCES (basing that on the fine print on the sign)? So, this is really just designed to provide a way for those individuals to get return times from ops without clogging up the express entrance to the houses. Actually a good move if that’s what’s going on here.

I think the return times are just for individuals with the accessibility card through IBCCES (basing that on the fine print on the sign)? So, this is really just designed to provide a way for those individuals to get return times from ops without clogging up the express entrance to the houses. Actually a good move if that’s what’s going on here.
Bingo.

I am convinced somewhat that the bean counters are starting to get addicted to intentionally limiting capacity as a way to push premium sales much like Disney has done for years with attractions. I'm not sure they really want to expand horror nights much more at this point.

Yet they cut off premium ticket sales within hours.

As for hiring more people, I'd rather anyone hired be put at parking or F&B. Those areas need it a lot more than a decade-old ride that's open 365 and barely draws a crowd during the event anymore.

The only thing this does is alleviate bottlenecks at portals where a TM used to have to physically give times on a paper ticket. This is (in theory) a good change.

A very real issue when the one TM who's supposed to be looking at Express tickets has to take 5 minutes to explain to an argumentative guest how the GAC program works. This should be another solid change.

The number of changes this year all suggest Universal trying to address past concerns and make a better event. I hope they succeed, but at the very least they're trying.

You are. Guests using this service can only get one at a time. The only thing this does is alleviate bottlenecks at portals where a TM used to have to physically give times on a paper ticket. This is (in theory) a good change.
Definitely a better change, only modification I'd make is to allow them the opportunity to "stack" 2 houses. At the moment, I believe there's one at MIB and near Villain-Con. Great locations, but can be a bit of a walk for some.

Definitely a better change, only modification I'd make is to allow them the opportunity to "stack" 2 houses. At the moment, I believe there's one at MIB and near Villain-Con. Great locations, but can be a bit of a walk for some.
So only 2 locations instead of 10, way to create bigger bottlenecks. It was never that bad at house portals, this sounds bad.

To be honest, a number of them are probably "stacking" two houses by getting in line for House 2 after they receive their return time for House 1.

So only 2 locations instead of 10, way to create bigger bottlenecks. It was never that bad at house portals, this sounds bad.
I disagree, better to move the administrative work of the pass out of the way of where guests who paid for express are trying to enter. It was a multiple time per night kind of problem for me in the past.

The house portals would get pretty bad these past few years. It won't alleviate all congestion, but it certainly will reduce a bit.

To be honest, a number of them are probably "stacking" two houses by getting in line for House 2 after they receive their return time for House 1.
Fair point, but I don't think you should punish people for other's faults.

I do hope that they can be more realistic with waits this year, they need to stop exaggerating waits for everyone's sake. Not everyone who attends can tell/guess how long waits are, and depend on what is posted to plan their night.

I disagree, better to move the administrative work of the pass out of the way of where guests who paid for express are trying to enter. It was a multiple time per night kind of problem for me in the past.
Well those are the ones that don't need it and shouldn't have it. Unless getting in a 15 min line I guess. I only bring Autistic son 1 night and to keep having to go to 1 of 2 spots will be frustrating.

I also go with express and it was never and issue at the portal unless waiting 10 to 30 seconds kills your express wait.

With Halloween Horror Nights 33 starting this week, we've put together our yearly guide - featuring all information and FAQs for the event.

I also go with express and it was never and issue at the portal unless waiting 10 to 30 seconds kills your express wait.
No, it was an issue.