Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just clarifying that everything HHN-related gets included in the budget, including those shiny new tents with new walkways and exits.

Add in some effects-heavy houses and you can find your answer along the way.

Interesting. So the new tents come out of the event budget, but is it a 1 year write down or does it get spread over multiple year budgets?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Judging from the reviews, and with the enormous caveat that film quality does not equal house quality, it sounds like Uni should have really made a determined attempt for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

On that note, it’s interesting that we’re getting such an overload of Blumhouse in the year when Night Swim, Imaginary, and Afraid have torpedoed the studio’s longstanding aura of reliable success. It creates a real sense of desperation. I’m not sure the emphasis on the upcoming Wolfman aka Hairy Old Man really helps with this.

Judging from the reviews, and with the enormous caveat that film quality does not equal house quality, it sounds like Uni should have really made a determined attempt for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

On that note, it’s interesting that we’re getting such an overload of Blumhouse in the year when Night Swim, Imaginary, and Afraid have torpedoed the studio’s longstanding aura of reliable success. It creates a real sense of desperation. I’m not sure the emphasis on the upcoming Wolfman aka Hairy Old Man really helps with this.
Not sure about a house per se, but a BJ show -- any show: a Graveyard Review revamp with a faux Jenna Ortega, a lagoon show, a stand-up set in a soundstage -- would've done gangbusters and given the event a much-needed jolt. But really, as much as I'm enjoying the IP houses, they're all sort of B-team (AQP may be second-tier A-team). FN@F was discussed to death, but Fallout would've killed this year as well.

And while I see the value in an open channel to Blumhouse -- bound to get another smash one of these days -- yeah, in the years without a smash sometimes less is more. Insidious house by itself would've been fine.

Not sure about a house per se, but a BJ show -- any show: a Graveyard Review revamp with a faux Jenna Ortega, a lagoon show, a stand-up set in a soundstage -- would've done gangbusters and given the event a much-needed jolt. But really, as much as I'm enjoying the IP houses, they're all sort of B-team (AQP may be second-tier A-team). FN@F was discussed to death, but Fallout would've killed this year as well.

And while I see the value in an open channel to Blumhouse -- bound to get another smash one of these days -- yeah, in the years without a smash sometimes less is more. Insidious house by itself would've been fine.
I honestly think they should try BJ for a house again, I know a lot of people were not very happy with the last one during 2020-2021, but I actually really liked it.

But I feel some sort of redemption is in order to win people back.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Beetlejuice used to do warm-up for the Make-Up show and it worked very well. Add a couple set pieces and you’ve got an improv show that can eat some people, something akin to Hollywood’s Chucky.

Insidious is an odd choice this year because Blumhouse is likely releasing a film in the series in 2025 AND 2026.

Beetlejuice used to do warm-up for the Make-Up show and it worked very well. Add a couple set pieces and you’ve got an improv show that can eat some people, something akin to Hollywood’s Chucky.
Had forgotten about this but it's brilliant really. Either a scripted skit or two or let BJ lead a 4-actor improv troupe, could vary the set-ups throughout the night. Better yet, hire 8 actors (Equity level but still not ridiculous), have them trade off sets, continuous shows all night every 45 minutes. Wouldn't have to touch a single prop on-stage.