Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not necessarily, to use some anecdotal evidence Exorcist Believer was an absolutely atrocious movie but the house last year alternates between my first and second favorite of the year
I agree with both Lucky Planet and Killer Klown. IP houses definitely are affected by your love of the material. For instance, last year, I went to Hollywood and loved Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count because Child's Play is so meaningful to me; I liked Strangers Things 4 and The Last of US less because those IPs are less special to me. That is totally subjective. But for sure some houses are objectively better than others - Exorcist: Believer was a strong house even though the movie was not good, and from what I hear, Chucky Orlando was very disappointing even to people predisposed to love it.

Chucky Orlando was very disappointing even to people predisposed to love it.
That was me! Love Chucky and have done since I first saw the ending of Childs Play 2 way too young, and that house was a mess. It really was one of the worst houses I’ve done by quite some way, and was left so disappointed by it. Agreed on Exorcist believer too - great house even if vast majority of it didn’t make the Final Cut of the movie, and as a result the movie felt very poor.

I do agree having an affinity to the IP does help your enjoyment of the house, but it’s not the determining factor. Ultimately it’s the quality of the house and the experience you have going through that counts. Even the same house can be great one run through and poor the next.

We figure out which will be at Minions, what at music plaza stage, etc yet?
I believe this is current spec:
  • SS23A (Despicable Me) - Monstruos
  • SS22 (Plaza) - A Quiet Place
  • SS23B (Fallon) - Ghostbusters
  • SS24A (NYPL Left Side) - Insidious
  • SS24B (NYPL Right Side) - Triplets
  • F&F - Major Sweets
  • Sprung 3 (???) - Goblin's
  • Sprung 4 (???) - Monsters
  • Sprung 2 (MIB?) - Slaughter Sinema 2
  • Sprung 1 (Coke?) - Museum

• F&F - Major Sweets
Reading this in list form, it's kinda wild to think about how condensed houses are in general.

5 house entrances all within a few hundred feet of each other at the front, and 4 entrances within a few hundred feet of each other in the back.

Then F&F by itself in the middle lol.

As awful as the walks would be, part of me almost wishes that they'd put an entrance or 2 into DreamWorks.

Unless the people making decisions haven't been to HHN, there's just no way they can dump 4 houses + FFL theater into the same area. Those poor Amity/MIB bathrooms can't handle that capacity lol
All the people? PLUS Chucky burgers? Oh the humanity

• F&F - Major Sweets

Sound stages make sense and the tents are the big question mark this year.

• F&F - Major Sweets
I still question whether insidious and quiet place should be swapped. The house inside 24 doesn’t look like any of insidious

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I agree with both Lucky Planet and Killer Klown. IP houses definitely are affected by your love of the material. For instance, last year, I went to Hollywood and loved Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count because Child's Play is so meaningful to me; I liked Strangers Things 4 and The Last of US less because those IPs are less special to me. That is totally subjective. But for sure some houses are objectively better than others - Exorcist: Believer was a strong house even though the movie was not good, and from what I hear, Chucky Orlando was very disappointing even to people predisposed to love it.

That was me! Love Chucky and have done since I first saw the ending of Childs Play 2 way too young, and that house was a mess. It really was one of the worst houses I’ve done by quite some way, and was left so disappointed by it. Agreed on Exorcist believer too - great house even if vast majority of it didn’t make the Final Cut of the movie, and as a result the movie felt very poor.

I do agree having an affinity to the IP does help your enjoyment of the house, but it’s not the determining factor. Ultimately it’s the quality of the house and the experience you have going through that counts. Even the same house can be great one run through and poor the next.

i was mostly thinking about US. I really didn't like it, I didn't like the plot, it was a messy story, didn't really make sense, it wasn't enjoyable for me.
the house wasn't bad, it was ok. it was accurate. it had good actors, but I just did not like the house at all, it wasn't bad, it was just kind of meh.

I’d almost argue the IP itself doesn’t matter as much as the execution does - many examples of “lesser” IPs becoming fan favourites, and vice versa.
Replying to this because it piqued my interest in seeing how the HHN IP houses that I've experienced stacked up as far as whether or not I enjoyed the film(s)/show(s)/etc. versus how much I enjoyed the haunted houses based on those IPs.

I've been through 66 IP houses.
  • 37 met my expectations. (56%)
  • 22 fell below my expectations. (33%)
  • 7 exceeded my expectations. (11%)
For anyone curious -- The 7 that exceeded my expectations?
(HHN19) Chucky, (HHN21) The Thing, (HHN22) Welcome to Silent Hill, (HHN26) American Horror Story, (HHN28) Halloween 4, (HHN31) The Weeknd, (HHN32) Exorcist: Believer.

So, it is highly unlikely that I'll enjoy a house based on an IP that I am not a fan of. For me, the IP itself does matter. Ultimately though, execution is indeed the biggest factor in determining my enjoyment.

Now, back to HHN33...

1719503921011.png
Mr Freeze GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Last edited: