Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My first year was 2016, so I didnt see the last Insidious house. But, there have been two new Insidious movies since then. I personally love the franchise, so even if it is a repeat IP, there's some new material to reference since 2015 for the guests who saw the original.

I didn't go in 2019 either due to having a fresh newborn at home. So, again, another repeat IP with Ghostbusters that I didn't see the first time lol and again, there have been two movies that can be referenced for new material since that house.

I DID see the last TCM house. Its not my favorite horror franchise, but I'm sure creative will still turn out something enjoyable at the leaset. Although like OP said, this rumor came out of nowhere so I'm gonna take that one with many grains of salt.
My first year was 2016 as well - so I missed Insidious as well. (I guess it was in the Blumhouse mashup in 2017, but eh.. that doesn't count lol)

I missed 2021 (also due to having a fresh baby) so I didn't see the most recent TCM. So it's been 8 years since I've done TCM!

I said the same thing. I think a Schittie’s Kidz house would be a lot of fun. That’s one of the houses I have wanted from Slaughter Sinema. But because we are in the middle of the FNAF craze, I feel as though it would be judged against FNAF which wouldn’t be fair since this is an original that won’t have the same following.

So unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s the right time for a Schittie’s Kidz house.

I'm down for another Schitties Kidz house. Or another Slaughter Sinema with a sequel. That house was hilarious and fun. .

Just for discussion's sake:

Insidious was featured in 2015 as a standalone house, and was one of the 3 franchises used in Horrors of Blumhouse in 2017.

Texas Chainsaw was featured 3 times. The remake version was in 2007. The original was featured in 2016 and an "original-sequel" in 2021.

My first year was 2016 as well - so I missed Insidious as well. (I guess it was in the Blumhouse mashup in 2017, but eh.. that doesn't count lol)

I missed 2021 (also due to having a fresh baby) so I didn't see the most recent TCM. So it's been 8 years since I've done TCM!
I thought I had a vague memory of seeing something Insidious related, but I couldn't recall if it was in the mashup house or not lol I remember the Purge was like half the house.. and maybe Sinister was another part of it?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The Purge was seemed just oddly place in the house because the original ip in the house I believe was Ouija, the body hanging from the chandelier I think was Shelly, the first death in the film. Its funny to think that it would have been Sinister/Ouija & Insidious all in one house. I think also the Ouija 2 promotional trailer that Universal posted on their fb at the time sorta gave it away now thinking about it, similar to how they did with Krampus and then Krampus coming at 26.

The Purge was seemed just oddly place in the house because the original ip in the house I believe was Ouija, the body hanging from the chandelier I think was Shelly, the first death in the film
Especially since one of the first scares was a little girl with a big gun. You could tell that it was always meant to be something else.

Reactions: PrimalScream1996
I remember the Sinister and Purge portions feeling very tacked-on to basically an Insidious house lol

The way I look at this potential lineup is this:
I started attending in 2016, but I think the MAJOR IPs really didn't start until 2018, with Stranger Things, followed by more ST, The Weeknd, TLOU, etc.

So this year may just be a bit more like 2016/2017 rather than 2018/2019/2023.

Reactions: johnathanm
I remember the Sinister and Purge portions feeling very tacked-on to basically an Insidious house lol
If I remember Ouija 2 properly, I believe at the very least the furnace scene (first room of Insidious) and potentially the next room should have still been a part of Ouija, and not Insidious, so I don't think it originally planned to be like a 20% / 20% / 60% split.

Also the Insidious part of that haunt was pretty good anyways, even with being disjointed. So if Insidious comes back an even just matches the Blumhouse appearance in quality, that's an IP win in my book lol

• Silver Scream Queenz
  • Ghostbusters 1+2
  • Quiet Place
  • Insidious
  • ??? (The Weeknd..?)
Hot take? I think even if ANoES were still happening, it wouldn't be the strongest IP lineup (assuming this is it, which of course can change at literally any moment). Unironically I think the most exciting one would be Silver Scream Queenz, as I think it's a very fun concept, and not a single UM house has been bad so far.

And as others have said, this being a lighter IP year can really let the originals shine, and they already sound great from the rumors. Hoping one of them is just a crazy rockstar theme following what we see in the shirt.

This year I can't see being a lackluster year, it'll be another good one as Universal will always try at their goal of trying to outdo what the previous years have done and I feel like they will in some things over others with the originals and ips this year but I'm not expecting this year to be all around top year of the event's history.

• Silver Scream Queenz
  • Ghostbusters 1+2
  • Quiet Place
  • Insidious
  • ??? (The Weeknd..?)
I cannot for the life of me see them actually doing Ghostbusters 1(Again)&2. I know what the insiders have said but in my opinion if we're getting anything relating to Ghostbusters, it'll be the new films. Also in regards to Insidious, I do think that will happen. But not as it's been represented in the rumor mil. I 100% believe that it'll be another Horrors of Blumhouse house, this year being Insidious: The Red Door + Imaginary. It just makes more sense especially with it being rumored to go into the F&F queue. If that ends up being the case I would be much more excited for that over it just being Insidious by itself in the F&F location

Reactions: Gharris
I cannot for the life of me see them actually doing Ghostbusters 1(Again)&2. I know what the insiders have said but in my opinion if we're getting anything relating to Ghostbusters, it'll be the new films. Also in regards to Insidious, I do think that will happen. But not as it's been represented in the rumor mil. I 100% believe that it'll be another Horrors of Blumhouse house, this year being Insidious: The Red Door + Imaginary. It just makes more sense especially with it being rumored to go into the F&F queue. If that ends up being the case I would be much more excited for that over it just being Insidious by itself in the F&F location
I'd be blown away if Imaginary appeared at the event, with it getting pretty bad reviews and only making like $40 mill at the box office lol

Well it made back it's budget, also just because a movie is bad doesn't mean it won't be at HHN lol. I for one hope it happens I think it would be really fun
Right, but usually they pick properties that have either been successful or they're actively promoting. I don't think Imaginary fits into either of those categories, even though I agree it could make for a fun maze.