Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Feels like a Schrödinger’s cat situation. Both outcomes are true and false at the same time, until officially announced (or not) by Universal

Half of the time my gut works 100% of the time.

Question is, will Five Nights At Freddy’s be here this year like ST4 last time? Or is it really actually not happening this time for reals.
That is a question we don't know we assume since it never exactly appeared on a speculation map that it might not be coming. However this may not be true. It's a interesting topic to think about considering the Stranger Things Season 4 situation. Was their even a mention of Five Night at Freddy's being part of the lineup or getting cut? I don't know this information to be honest. I thought Scott Cawthon himself shut down the rumors?

Last edited:
That is a question we don't know we assume since it never exactly appeared on a speculation map that it might not be coming. However this may not be true. It's a interesting topic to think about considering the Stranger Things Season 4 situation. Was there even a mention of Five Night at Freddy's being part of the lineup or getting cut? I don't know this information to be honest. I thought Scott Cawthon himself shut down the rumors?
He did
Universal wants it represented somehow and appear to be pushing hard to get it however they can.

FNaF is a fantastic example of how, just because the fans want an IP, and just because Universal wants that IP, and just because it’s obviously the perfect time to do that IP, there are so many variables and snags and hurdles Universal has to jump through in order to actually get any IP.

You know how insiders knew, unequivocally, that Ghostbusters was coming in 2019? Dan Aykroyd was seen backstage. He was inspecting the build. But that means if he wasn’t satisfied with how it was going, he could have pulled the IP. It’s a tightrope.

I believe in FNAF - I just thought we were being quiet about it
Nope. Not being quit about it.

My perspective of the situation is if it took a long time for the film to get off the ground, do not think that getting the idea of the house off the ground to be just as easy especially with those involved, Blumhouse and Scott Cawthon.

I have an absolutely insane theory regarding the potential two Icons: Eddie and Major Sweets. Allow me to elaborate.

I go with Eddie based off the rock concert theming from the shirt that's been released, and we know from Hacktion and his backstory that Eddie is a big movie buff, correct? That got me thinking, let's look at the rumored lineup:
  • Monstruos - Monsters/cryptids.
  • Silver Scream Queens - Classic Monsters.
  • Ghostbusters - Retro classic.
  • A Quiet Place - Alien invasion.
  • Sweet Revenge(?) - Twisted dark comedy.
  • Slaughter Sinema 2 - Cheesy B-movies.
  • Insidious - Ghost/psychological horror.
  • Black-and-White - Potentially apocalypse.
  • Egyptian Gods(?) - Mythic/epic.
What if this year is Eddie taking us through his ultimate all-star lineup of different horror movie genres, and Major Sweets doubling as our other Icon with his house? And, as a bit of a meta twist, the unknown original in F&F is RUN 4, as Earthquake/Disaster was the location for all the RUN houses.

Could this just be a massive reach? Yeah, probably, but I think it's still a fun theory!

I have an absolutely insane theory regarding the potential two Icons: Eddie and Major Sweets. Allow me to elaborate.

I go with Eddie based off the rock concert theming from the shirt that's been released, and we know from Hacktion and his backstory that Eddie is a big movie buff, correct? That got me thinking, let's look at the rumored lineup:
  • Monstruos - Monsters/cryptids.
  • Silver Scream Queens - Classic Monsters.
  • Ghostbusters - Retro classic.
  • A Quiet Place - Alien invasion.
  • Sweet Revenge(?) - Twisted dark comedy.
  • Slaughter Sinema 2 - Cheesy B-movies.
  • Insidious - Ghost/psychological horror.
  • Black-and-White - Potentially apocalypse.
  • Egyptian Gods(?) - Mythic/epic.
What if this year is Eddie taking us through his ultimate all-star lineup of different horror movie genres, and Major Sweets doubling as our other Icon with his house? And, as a bit of a meta twist, the unknown original in F&F is RUN 4, as Earthquake/Disaster was the location for all the RUN houses.

Could this just be a massive reach? Yeah, probably, but I think it's still a fun theory!
I’m going with Usher and Director. Two movie released icons.

I feel like the rumor of the two icons is gonna be next debunked because it doesn't seem like a direction is gonna go, its better to have one icon centralized around the event and its simple even when that icon doesn't have a lot of involvements in the ips and mostly the originals, not saying Major Sweets wouldn't be apart of this year because it would make sense the zone was very popular and people want it to come and Universal will deliver sometimes what fans want in terms of characters, looking at Pumpkin Lord as one of them the past mascots that people liked. If it were Eddie, I wouldn't doubt them just using Eddie as a standalone icon and not be overshadowed by a second icon, makes no sense to give him his first icon spotlight and have to share it especially having to sharing it with Jack back then.

The Usher and Director would be great to be represented at the event as duo but would be something I'd see them probably saving for an anniversary year and would like to see them be treated like the icons were back in Sweet 16 where each had their own respective houses, Julian and Director could share one in a way, if it would be returning to Universal Palace Theater or back that the abandoned with Paulo.

Eddie would only work if they brought back the dude they had cast in the SZ. It took several hundred years & an apocalypse for them to finally cast him correctly.

But yes, the 90s grunge/sk8ter vibe of the preview shirt would fit the tone of Eddie nicely.

As for The Usher & Director, they could've been brought back any time over the past several years due to all of the IPs. No reason to do it now. Besides, if you're going to bring back The Director, at least bring back The Projectionist.

I realize it's non-falsifiable, and I hope I have some amount of trust that I'm not just piggybacking off other rumors or whatever, I really don't care about anonymous theme park clout at all haha,, but I had also personally heard about Two Icons as early as Valentines. Just sharing what I've heard to fuel speculation some more, but it seems like the Double Icon idea has had some significant backing for a good while now. Could still just be air, but it's stuck around for a solid few months now.

Can anyone find the quote or link to Scott Cawthon denying FNaF HHN rumors? I am having some trouble verifying that that's a real thing that happened.