Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Throwing out some food for thought, could we potentially see an announcement (specifically Monsters) this week or next week for Spooky Empire? The reason I think so is thanks to this from Alicia and Legacy:

Of course, could be absolutely nothing, and it's best to not expect anything, but just throwing the thought out there.
A mid-May announcement has been rumored for a couple of months now.

I think announcing Silver Scream Queenz priot to Spooky Empire makes a ton of sense, so they can have something specific to discuss for the HHN panel.

After that.. we probably get a GB announcement in early-mid June.. then a full dump in mid-July?

Yeah that's my prediction lol

I think announcing Silver Scream Queenz priot to Spooky Empire makes a ton of sense, so they can have something specific to discuss for the HHN panel.

After that.. we probably get a GB announcement in early-mid June.. then a full dump in mid-July?

Yeah that's my prediction lol
Would be odd not to give the one IP that actually has relevancy this year (A Quiet Place) a single announcement. I'm predicting AQP getting a solo announcement over ghostbusters

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Would be odd not to give the one IP that actually has relevancy this year (A Quiet Place) a single announcement. I'm predicting AQP getting a solo announcement over ghostbusters
Honestly they probably both do, but I couldn't space them out enough in my head lol

I'm a tad concerned the year might feel a little "samey" but that's as much if we get another Bride house, two recycled "house" IPs and another Mummy-centered house. But God is in the details, let's see what spin they put on these (if that's even what they are).
Two Icons (one being new) could certainly help. At least with us hardcore folks.

Multinights do usually go on sale in July. I wish it was sooner. I’m now at the point where I get that every year and I’ll probably never go back!

Reactions: JunoSynth
Off topic but just finished Chucky season 3 and was so much fun. Loved it! If only the house was the same…..

I think if there is a next time (big if) they definitely need to lean into the camp and silly so much more. The whole premise is ridiculous. A house needs to own that! Don’t do it half heartedly, go full throated with it. And really need a full Dembala possession scene too.

Back on topic. Remember HHN does attract many overseas visitors (like myself) who can’t go every year, and can’t do more than 4-5 nights. For the likes of us repeats are likely the first time we have experienced them. I am also sure that those “repeat” houses would seek to address what didn’t work last time and be better than before. Insidious I did at 2017 and loved it, even if most of that section never made the final cut of the movie. The lipstick demon got me so good, and I honestly cannot wait to have a full house of him and other scares. The bride house from 2021 I couldn’t do as I couldn’t enter the country due to covid restrictions, but from what I’ve heard even with mask and screen protectors it was a fantastic house. It would be great to experience a plussed up sequel without the covid barriers taking you out of the moment.

As a final thought - there’s only so many horror IPs and tropes. There’s bound to be repetition. What I want is a broad mix of scares and stories at HHN, not the same thing over and over again. From the spec this looks like a really experimental year. Maybe some things won’t work out, but for me I’d much rather that than paint by numbers scares that by the third house are old and worn out.

A new legacy hint (I think) posted over on Bluesky.
View attachment 21748
This feels much less like a hint and more like a tease that Beetlejuice is back on the menu with a show (Hip & Hop were two cheerleaders in Graveyard Revue), and... maybe as one of the two Icons?

• Wow
Reactions: HHNObsession
This feels much less like a hint and more like a tease that Beetlejuice is back on the menu with a show (Hip & Hop were two cheerleaders in Graveyard Revue), and... maybe as one of the two Icons?
Oh wow! I never got to see the show, so I had no idea what he was referring to there, but that’s exciting! A Beetlejuice show at HHN would be perfect!

(Hip & Hop were two cheerleaders in Graveyard Revue)
Correction: they were FEARleaders

Oh wow! I never got to see the show, so I had no idea
Despite killing off Phantom of the Opera for Hip & Hop, it was the best version of the show. However, there were two versions. The original version with Hip & Hop (in neon outfits/hair) came from Japan (which is still going strong), was NOT well received. So they revamped the entire show to be their own version (with Hip & Hop getting new outfits/hair styles). This was the longest running version of the show until it was retired for "Graveyard Mash-up", which was a loosely ripped off version of Singapore's former show, only not as good (but that's an entirely different story for another time). It finally did grow on me though (mostly because Dracula & Cleopatra). Definitely go watch all 4 versions on YouTube!

Heh.. oops.. unexpected fanboy monologue :eyes:

Last edited: