Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s not a hint. It’s a joke.
Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

I think, if there are 2 icons, it would definitely be beneficial to have 1 new Icon and 1 returning Icon. Make everyone happy.

Then they can gauge the reaction to the new icon, and if it's popular, it can be added to the list of returning icons for the future.

Reactions: Grits0808
I may be in the outlier, but while I love the idea of Icon's I just don't want to see them every year. It seems that's the direction with universal recently but I'm hoping they take a year off in between.
Having an Icon every year is a lot of story telling and I fear it will turn into the marvel multi verse where things just get repetitive and lack luster over time. Don't ruin a good thing universal, lol!

New icon: "The Uncoverer"

When secrets are hidden within permits and other whispers through the interwebs, The Uncoverer is on the case discovering never before seen files. They won't Stop until everything is unearthed from the mysterious Theme Park ....rumored to be an ikonic island filled with adventure. A universe so epic. The Legacy of God's & Monsters found within this Lost Continent of a new world Where Horror Lives!

Alright back to the regularly scheduled dry spell of spec season. **This was loosely "inspired by" @Alicia & @Legacy , also my lack of sleep boredom

I think, if there are 2 icons, it would definitely be beneficial to have 1 new Icon and 1 returning Icon. Make everyone happy.

Then they can gauge the reaction to the new icon, and if it's popular, it can be added to the list of returning icons for the future.
I kinda disagree with a new and returning icon the same year. I would imagine if they have a new icon it will be only them as they don’t want to take any spotlight away from them.

Like last year if they also had Jack(they kinda did in Oddfellows house and the that kinda stole some spotlight and it was just only his silhouette) most of the spotlight would have went on Jack. Maybe that’s bc Jack is Jack but I think it would happen with any returning icon.

I think it would be two returning icon. I can’t see two new icons as I think the same thing would happen. Unless it’s Major Sweets and his wife(And they are kinda returning from the scare zone)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I may be in the outlier, but while I love the idea of Icon's I just don't want to see them every year. It seems that's the direction with universal recently but I'm hoping they take a year off in between.
Having an Icon every year is a lot of story telling and I fear it will turn into the marvel multi verse where things just get repetitive and lack luster over time. Don't ruin a good thing universal, lol
I actually totally agree with you on this!! Of course I always hope for the best with Icons, but in the back of my mind I'm always worried about it getting overdone or being bloated or forced. In fact, I was surprised Oddfellow even worked as well as he did and that the event felt so cohesive. I would not mind just one Icon this year or even taking a break this year to come back with something as strong as Oddfellow.

I feel like the "double icon" rumors may be a bit mistaken.

If we do get an icon this year (and it sounds like it's likely), they will be the main focus a la Oddfellow last year.

I feel like the second icon may be coming from the possibility that the rumored South American house may be a retelling of Jungle of Doom and Oddfellow's adventures there.

This is me not actually having full info on the event. Just a guess.

I feel like the "double icon" rumors may be a bit mistaken.

If we do get an icon this year (and it sounds like it's likely), they will be the main focus a la Oddfellow last year.

I feel like the second icon may be coming from the possibility that the rumored South American house may be a retelling of Jungle of Doom and Oddfellow's adventures there.

This is me not actually having full info on the event. Just a guess.
I think Legacy has specified the rumor is two icons.

The South American house is actually rumored to be Monstrous.

I don’t see the need for two icons, I welcome them both but I don’t know why they can’t just focus on one.

I feel like there maybe balancing issues…
You may not see it, but the designers do. They have a story to tell. Let them cook! I trust this team.

Unless things have drastically changed and Marketing is driving the ship.

I didn't expect everyone to turn on the concept of icons so quickly. We got Jack, Eddie (sorta), Caretaker, and The Director all in a row from 2000-2003, remember.
And recently we've gotten Jack & (eddie sorta), pumpkin lord, oddfellow, and another this year (yet to be confirmed) all in a row. Just want universal to avoid losing the excitement of Icons due to overuse or having to know backgrounds/ story telling from previous events. I'm all for icons, just fear were going down a rabbit hole if the trend continues.

I didn't expect everyone to turn on the concept of icons so quickly. We got Jack, Eddie (sorta), Caretaker, and The Director all in a row from 2000-2003, remember.
I don't blame people for being against Jack specifically, given the fact that he's appeared - in some form - in 12 out of 32 possible years (that's almost 40% of the time, for those keeping score). But Icons can only help improve a year with what most consider a B-Tier IP lineup, and I think introducing new Icons (even if it's returning characters being promoted) can only help the longterm success of the event by making sure they don't rely too heavily on one or two original characters to drive merch sales.

I didn't expect everyone to turn on the concept of icons so quickly.
I'm surprised, too. Didn't we even discuss people hoping for an icon on this forum earlier this year before the latest rumor surfaced? Wasn't there also a time when everyone was clamoring for years with Icons after so many years without them?

And recently we've gotten Jack & (eddie sorta), pumpkin lord, oddfellow, and another this year (yet to be confirmed) all in a row.
Jack's return introduced a certain aesthetic (albeit nostalgia-centric), while the Pumpkinlord/Halloween role for 31 brought that classic Halloween feeling to the event. And last year, Oddfellow brought a different theme. If we continue to get new icons, themes, stories, and styles every year, I don't see the issue with having multiple icons/themes back-to-back years.