Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Giving "super fans" content early is a pretty normal marketing strategy. Makes them feel special, keeps them involved, and gets additional media sources posting about your content.
I guess, lol. I would understand if it was something bigger but the video isn't really much at all. Hopefully we get some sort of announcement next week

Reactions: Ahmanet
I guess, lol. I would understand if it was something bigger but the video isn't really much at all. Hopefully we get some sort of announcement next week
It's doing what a tease should do. Get people aware that they should be looking out for news soon. Draws more eyes to the real announcement. It's why most musicians, movies, etc. do "announcements for the real announcements" now, as annoying as it may be (and it is lol).

They just posted this photo...
View attachment 21814
Eric Andre GIF

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Man I’ve wanted Eddie to get his Icon due for years now. Maybe, ya never know.

The "Slaughter Sinema 2" speculation with regards to the "popcorn" symbol on the map never sat well with me. I felt it was too obvious of a conclusion to jump to. The summer tribute store photo option with the Curator in a movie theater leads me to wonder if maybe we get an anthology house in the spirit of Slaughter & Case Files, but with more of him presenting a Creepshow-esque format in the Grindhouse era. I don't know if this means he'll be our Icon for the year, but it feels like it would make sense for that location to at least be his.

I still think this leaves room for Boris's noir story to continue in it's own separate tent house as well (the black & white one on the map).

Reactions: johnathanm
What is interesting or unique about Eddie?

“Evil haunted house designer” has a lot of possibilities, but nothing in Eddie’s physical appearance or in-park behavior relates to this element of his backstory. That backstory is also full of utterly generic elements that bury the interesting hook.

Better to start from the ground up and craft a new “evil house designer” character rather then try to use Eddie.

What is interesting or unique about Eddie?
Nothing. He's chainsaw guy. But thats what makes him cool. He's a contrast to the more bombastic icons. Thats the reason he "killed" Jack in his original concept - to make him a threat he had to pull the trope of killing the "big bad" to establish himself.Eddie_Concepts.jpg
It's the same reason people like a character like Boba Fett. He's not really interesting - his character in the setting is interesting. Making him Jack's brother or even clown adjacent spoiled that.
Better to start from the ground up and craft a new “evil house designer” character rather then try to use Eddie
Agree and disagree. People think he's neat, but it's based entirely around what he could be, not what he is. I think a lot of people have attachment to the character because hes so generic they looked into the backstory to even figure out what his deal was and thought he was kinda cool. Reading about him was a lot like finding out about some cool obscure character in one of those guidebooks you'd find at a Scholastic Book Fair.

Does he make for a good central character? Not really... but I think he's a good foil especially in a setting where all the major players are villians.

Definitely feels like they're doubling/tripling down on this. Had it just been the door picture I could've written it off as just the HHN Twitter account being HHN Twitter, but this feels like a coordinated push. I'd be legitimately surprised if we didn't get something substantial by the end of this.

Definitely feels like they're doubling/tripling down on this. Had it just been the door picture I could've written it off as just the HHN Twitter account being HHN Twitter, but this feels like a coordinated push. I'd be legitimately surprised if we didn't get something substantial by the end of this.
It definitely does feel like something but so did the video from last year, and nothing came from that.

I would not be mad about this.

All joking aside, I think we're definitely going in the right direction in regards to it being connected to the Lantern, but I highly doubt it's Fear returning.

That being said, the asylum-looking door and the rock concert vibes from the shirt really are starting to shift my mind from hopefulness to genuinely thinking that we might finally see Eddie in the spotlight.
Fear seems like an icon who only shows up every 10-15 years, his whole thing is that he’s the culmination of HHN. He’s like the Thanos of the event, I agree that he probably won’t return for a fair while

None of these these teasers have meant anything to me for a few years now. Dr. Oddfellow wasn't in any sort of actual advertising last year, was he?
He wasn’t
Adding to the topics of HHN Icons would anyone mind seeing the Usher again? He was one of my favorite HHN Orlando Icons. I feel like he deserved a year where he had more of a presence.
I would absolutely love to see him again! I didn’t go to HHN till 2013 so I didn’t see his OG year. I did however see him in 30, I even got a fist bump from him on the last night.