Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I had to bet money on it, probably a new one. Which is REALLY exciting imo. I need a whole generation of new Icons so we can have a civil war type event for HHN 40: Oddfellow V Jack.

civil war trailer GIF
This is what I've been saying for a while now!

I know this borders a bit beyond spec for this year, but genuinely I feel like we could see a bit of an overarching story throughout these next few years building up to 40, which gets me very excited (especially if that comment from a while back about 35 potentially not being treated as an anniversary year is true).

Does an icon have to be part of the HHN lore? Could it be a Freddy, Pinhead, Candyman type character?
Well our first ever Icon was the Crypt Keeper in 1995, and in 2007, Freddy, Jason and Leatherface were essentially the IP Icons alongside Jack.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Until a precedent is set, I wouldn’t expect an IP icon in the modern era, especially that scenario. Not saying it won’t ever happen, but if it does - it would be a more traditional horror icon.
Yeah, might be fun, but a lot of reasons not to do it. I'd think Freddy with a nightmare theme to all of the scarezones would fit better. But since Freddy has been shot down, obviously that's not happening.

Until a precedent is set, I wouldn’t expect an IP icon in the modern era, especially that scenario. Not saying it won’t ever happen, but if it does - it would be a more traditional horror icon.
I've always thought Beetlejuice would be perfect as a modern-day IP Icon (considering he was pretty much the closest Fright Nights had to an Icon). Maybe if we get a 3rd movie...

But I digress. I think next week will definitely see Monsters announced, but no Icon. Remember last year, Oddfellow wasn't revealed until the full dump, but there were teasers throughout the announcement season for him, and I think we're looking at a similar situation this year.

Ghostbusters 2 subway slime rivers but caused by Oddfellow is what I meant

Either way , cool they hyping something

It's interesting to me how the extended queue for F&F still hasn't closed when it usually closes in February since that's where half the house usually is. So either theyre really behind schedule or they're changing the house layout in some way.

Reactions: saint.piss