Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 317 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If we are going to discuss special food items - I'll throw out there that I would love that walking taco again.. oh, and that Strangers Things cake.. which we called "cauldron cake" because it came in, well, what looked like a mini cauldron. You all are probably too young to remember, but way back in the 80's, Hostess was everyone's fave (now it mostly tastes like plastic). Anyway, the original Suzy Q - two chocolate cake rectangles smooshed together by a ton of whipped cream in the middle (for those who live under a rock) - used to be chocolaty and the cream to die for. THAT is what the cauldron cake tasted like. The original Suzy Q. I was instantly transported to my childhood. So, more of that, please.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
If we are going to discuss special food items - I'll throw out there that I would love that walking taco again.. oh, and that Strangers Things cake.. which we called "cauldron cake" because it came in, well, what looked like a mini cauldron. You all are probably too young to remember, but way back in the 80's, Hostess was everyone's fave (now it mostly tastes like plastic). Anyway, the original Suzy Q - two chocolate cake rectangles smooshed together by a ton of whipped cream in the middle (for those who live under a rock) - used to be chocolaty and the cream to die for. THAT is what the cauldron cake tasted like. The original Suzy Q. I was instantly transported to my childhood. So, more of that, please.
I didn't get it because I always shoot for things I can't get at home .. but walking tacos are basically built for HHN lol.

My wife got the Lil Boo bowl cake, and the Stranger Things one last year. She has instructed me to not allow her to get any themed cakes this year.

It must have been overshadowed in 2017 by the emergence of pizza fries, because boy howdy I do NOT remember that lol

Now that I'm thinking about it, it may have been earlier. Probably 2015.

I remember an eclair dog from I think 2016?
But definitely not a Pizza dog xD.

Pizza Dog may not have been the official name, but it was definitely a slice of pizza with a hot dog in the crust. I know it was a thing because after a house run, my friend went to grab food and asked the TM "What do you mean there's a wiener in my pizza?". Still tease him to this day. :lol:

UPDATE: Boom! 2015!

MGL1295.jpg

Pizza Dog may not have been the official name, but it was definitely a slice of pizza with a hot dog in the crust. I know it was a thing because after a house run, my friend went to grab food and asked the TM "What do you mean there's a wiener in my pizza?". Still tease him to this day. :lol:

View attachment 22602
Wow they have come a long way lol

I want them to bring back the Bloody Campground Poutine so badly

View attachment 22602
We need a vomit emoji

View attachment 22602
Lay down your pitchforks, but I think that actually looks pretty good!

Loved the walking taco. Hoping for more grab and go items that are easy to eat while waiting in queues. Love Pizza Fries, but wish it came in a deeper plate/cup so I can walk & eat instead of worrying about dropping it lol

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

this (horror themed)

1366692076094-1-.png
Never going to happen, but I wish there was half a soundstage set up cafeteria style, no customizations, no cash accepted, and limited SKUs where people could get the basics quickly (burger, fries, nuggs, bottled drinks only).

I'd almost pay a premium for the throughput.

like a buffet like cicis pizza, pay one flat price for a bracelet and come and go as you please, ( maybe limited time, you just show your bracelet and eat as much salad and pasta and pizza as you can for 30 minutes.

Walking taco was soooo good last year. Definitely want more of that. I loved the last of us booth - FEDRA tin was a great collectible but not a fan of the ravioli in it, however the coffee cocktail there was spot on. Wish that was more widely available in the park as such a great pick me up when starting to flag a bit. Definitely would’ve helped with the walks to the parade buildings!

What is walking taco? Curious what it is compared to what Girl Scouts call walking tacos.

Loved the walking taco. Hoping for more grab and go items that are easy to eat while waiting in queues. Love Pizza Fries, but wish it came in a deeper plate/cup so I can walk & eat instead of worrying about dropping it lol
So is it just the portability? Because otherwise, we weren’t overly impressed.
The Peanut Blooder burgers, though….wish they had those year round. Maybe without the red bun. Never did figure out what the black stuff on top was.

I didn't get it because I always shoot for things I can't get at home .. but walking tacos are basically built for HHN lol.

My wife got the Lil Boo bowl cake, and the Stranger Things one last year. She has instructed me to not allow her to get any themed cakes this year.
I too am a fan of the themed cakes, but they're always gone by the time I'm there in late October :sob:

This year, it's early September and ALL THE CAKE

• Haha