Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know I'm just thinking WAY too much into this, but I found this to be a pretty cool way of viewing houses theme-wise:

SINISTER (much more cruel and evil)
  • Triplets of Terror
  • Major Sweets' Candy Factory
  • Monsters
  • Goblin's Feast
  • Slaughter Sinema 2

SURREAL (otherworldly and ghostly/demonic)
  • Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America
  • A Quiet Place
  • Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
  • Insidious: The Further
  • The Museum: Deadly Exhibits

I had been told that Torture Faire and Swamp (at a minimum) were somewhat late adjustments resulting from Entertainment and A&D’s focus on fixing the parade. A lot of resources (time and money) got adjusted to the daytime entertainment. So “simpler,” less high-level concepts were decided on instead of the originally rumored zones that required a LOT of meticulous scenic (Toys / Latin).

So, in short - Kinda, but not the way you expect.

Those and Devil Dogs.

For whatever it’s worth, one of the EARLIEST rumors I had heard was Dollhouse of the Damned 2. If you look at the framing of the truss in San Fran, it could absolutely be a dollhouse for a Toy-based zone.

And it’s easy enough to turn a dollhouse into a Blumhouse.

After watching the parade I would love to know the issues because the floats are so static I wouldn't expect issues with them.
parades ruining hhn once again lol :nervous:

parades ruining hhn once again lol :nervous:
I mean, supposedly this parade has been in development for at least three years. Sorta seems like a last minute budget crunch reflects pretty poorly on decision makers (especially given the mixed reaction to the final product).

Still, Faire and Swamp are fine themes if the cutbacks aren't reflected in costumes and props. Demon's premise seems a bit thin, but if the zones don't FEEL like products of cutbacks this will all just be trivia.

I think with the right use of lighting and fog, Swamp could look really cool and fit perfectly into Central Park. I'm totally cool with that.

The concepts of Torture Faire and Demon Queens feel very.. bland.

Safe to assume we shouldn't expect any large set pieces with the return of the parade?

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I think with the right use of lighting and fog, Swamp could look really cool and fit perfectly into Central Park. I'm totally cool with that.

The concepts of Torture Faire and Demon Queens feel very.. bland.

Safe to assume we shouldn't expect any large set pieces with the return of the parade?
yeah that's why I said parades ruining hhn. probably no large pieces anymore.

Well, they’re still missing floats…
Well hopefully the end product reflects how long it took. Because honestly the other floats being static feels like it shouldn't have taken extra time. Normally it is the mechanics of something that extends the timeline.

I mean they didn't even do the music the complex way.

Now I do agree the swamp scarezone sounds and looks good from what has been installed so far. So I don't think the switch was awful, but was more curious what the heck took the parade longer than expected.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
Safe to assume Blumzone will have very minimal sets and will be essentially a photo zone
I remember a day when the SZ's werent just selfie zones.

that was my first thought too. that my fav location but its been a while since we've had a real banger there. I think @hunnylvr will agree with me on this one.... Im always wanting those pumpkins to come back!

Reactions: hunnylvr
*cracks knuckles*

Brian Glenn going to Jason Blum like--

markiplier-punch.gif

I remember a day when the SZ's werent just selfie zones.

that was my first thought too. that my fav location but its been a while since we've had a real banger there. I think @hunnylvr will agree with me on this one.... Im always wanting those pumpkins to come back!
Yes please.. pumpkins, always pumpkins :)