Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw this display up by Rising Star in CityWalk:

IMG_9237.jpg

IMG_9238.jpg

Anyone know the significance of the name?

Oh, and HHN was extended til 2am today. Ahhh, Hell Week!

I do!

Credit: Wikipedia

Elizabeth "Long Liz" Stride (née Gustafsdotter) (27 November 1843 - 30 September 1888) is believed to be the third victim of the notorious unidentified serial killer called Jack the Ripper, who killed and mutilated prostitutes in the Whitechapel area of London from late August to early November 1888.[1]

Elizabeth Stride was 44-years-old when she was murdered. She was nicknamed "Long Liz"; several explanations have been given for this pseudonym. Some believe it was related to her married surname "Stride", while others believe it was because of her height[note 1] or the shape of her face. At the time of her death she was living in a common lodging-house at 32 Flower and Dean Street, Spitalfields, within what was then a notorious criminal rookery.[2][3]

he may be right.

Jack the clown is a little old. But when i went they told me that in 2001, the plan before 9/11 was for Eddy, Jacks brother to make a first appearence. Eddy
is a chainsaw wielding maniac. Now for the rumor i believe that it is Jack's
wedding and eddy is the best man. And since its the big 20 every one might be coming back.
:happy: strangley i dont see how bloodyMary has anything
to do with Jack. But i know Jack and eddy probobly have a bone to pick with the director.(as seen in the jester commercial)

I think they should add 2 more houses for 20. 6 at Universal and (gasp!) 4 at the islands.

Also, sometime down the line, they HAVE to make a haunted house based off of the shrieking shack, considering they are building the entire village of hogsmeade!

I think they should add 2 more houses for 20. 6 at Universal and (gasp!) 4 at the islands.
Also, sometime down the line, they HAVE to make a haunted house based off of the shrieking shack, considering they are building the entire village of hogsmeade!

Firstly, for HHN XX I'd love to see the following house locations. Sprung Tents 1 and 2, Parade Building, Soundstage 23, and Soundstage 18. For the Islands, I'd love to see Carnage Warehouse, Jurassic Park Discovery Center, Popeye's Queue, Soundstage 20, and Thunder Falls Terrace.(This is 6 house locations.)

I pray to God that at some point we can once again utilize the Islands of Adventure once again such as HHN 12, 13, 14, and 15. Or at least get to do what they executed with Sweet 16 where they opened just Marvel Superhero Island which gave you the ability to experience Dr. Doom's Fearfall, The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, and The Incredible Hulk Coaster.

As for the shrieking shack idea, I doubt Ms. J.K would allow Universal to inspire Harry Potter to be a horror icon than just a tale. Heck, even Dr. Seuss' wife had a problem with Micheal Roddy and the rest of the HHN creative team with using Seuss Landing as a Scarezone. The only thing she granted her permission on was playing the music backwards. Even for that, they had to come up with a lame backstory for why the music was backwards. Anyways, what I'm trying to imply is that The Shrieking Shack idea isn't all that plausible. Hope you catch my drift Mr. Decemberists. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Nightshade- I too would love to see HHN return to IOA aswell as at USF but I think JK Rowling may let Universal use WWoHP for HHN. Dr. Suess's reason is it is a kids book. Harry Potter is a teen to adult read(usually) and has some dark parts in them such as Death Eaters and Voldemort. I think she would find this to be great advertisement for the 7th book's movie or just the books. I think it would definatly help bring in money if they have a scarezone or house based off of it.For example:My mom has been to HHN and really hated it because she dislikes being scared. She said if they involved HP she would have to go just to see how it is and I'm sure other HP fans would do the same. Who knows though, hopefully HHN XX is as awesome as I think it will be.

Last edited:
Nightshade- I too would love to see HHN return to IOA aswell as at USF but I think JK Rowling may let Universal use WWoHP for HHN. Dr. Suess's reason is it is a kids book. Harry Potter is a teen to adult read(usually) and has some dark parts in them such as Death Eaters and Voldemort. I think she would find this to be great advertisement for the 7th book's movie or just the books. I think it would definatly help bring in money if they have a scarezone or house based off of it.For example:My mom has been to HHN and really hated it because she dislikes being scared. She said if they involved HP she would have to go just to see how it is and I'm sure other HP fans would do the same. Who knows though, hopefully HHN XX is as awesome as I think it will be.

I'd rather a kid-based event be used for IOA.

To much money involved in using both parks. I think the studios is more versatile anyways and 8 houses is a good amount. The average guest is only going to see 2-4 on a really busy night anyways. It can be hard even if you have an express to see all 8 houses and the two shows if you go on a busy non-peak.

I'm hopeing for 8 houses, 3 shows (an Icon one) and a kids event at WWOHP
and less deadzones (as much of a good pun it makes) the whole lake area was empty, As much as I liked hackton the chainsaw drill team really made the park seem more full around San Fran/Amity

I just don't want them to reduce the number of houses. It already feels like they are rushing you through. If the houses became less quality I'd rather have 6 good houses then 8 ok ones, but I see what you mean

I think they should stick with 8 houses and have 4 major zones and other small ones scattered through the parks. Although I am not really into shows at HHN mainly because I'm fixed on the houses they are a good way to keep large groups of people in one place.