Hamilton (2020) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Hamilton (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s a unique year, it was one of the biggest films, Hamilton has transcended in many forms, I’m fine with this. Regardless of Covid releases or not, I doubt we see something like this again. It was a special recording however and it is a special show and they nailed it, I’m fine

I think Hamilton would better be suited under something like a "Best Live Performance" category, which would include other concert films (such as Taylor Swift's Folklore thing on Disney+). However, with 2020 having a weak slate of films, I get it. The person who probably biggest deserves a nomination for this didn't get one though, and that's Thomas Kail for directing this and really bringing the stage version to life in a cinematic way.

I get why Leslie Odom Jr. wasn't nominated as he probably would've been nominated for Best Supporting Actor and he got nominated for Best supporting Actor for One Night in Miami. If he was nominated twice in the same category, it would've made it very hard for him to win as he would've been splitting the vote between himself whereas he has a pretty decent chance of winning for One Night in Miami.

Reactions: MrBlonde