Hard Rock Hotel Renovations | Inside Universal Forums

Hard Rock Hotel Renovations

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frank Drackman

V.I.P. Member
Dec 20, 2012
Mouse Mountain
We finally stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel on this last trip to UOR. We have now stayed at least once at each of the Deluxe Resorts.

It would be difficult for me to pick a favorite as I love them all for different reasons, but the Hard Rock really does rock!

I was told our room was just (recently) renovated. Since it was our first stay here, I do not know what has changed. These are not the best pics, but I took a couple of a few things:

cool use of drum sticks

speaker art

and this mirror had heights of artist marked off. My daughter was excited to be as tall as Shirley Temple, but she has no idea who she is....Snoop Dog is tall!

The Desk and Bed have places for two AC plugs as well as one USB plug for charging which was really convenient!

Man, if you find the speaker in the pool, you can really feel the music!

I have stayed at the hard rock 15+ times. That room is very different but ooks great. They have been needing to do a renovation for a few years.

I have stayed at the hard rock 15+ times. That room is very different but ooks great. They have been needing to do a renovation for a few years.

I've always stayed at the Hard Rock, before and after their last renovation. The last renovation was pretty nice, but this looks very different. I would love for a picture/video tour of these new rooms.

This was a standard room, garden view. Sorry I really didn't take any full view pictures of the room...we really had a great time, great staff, fun hotel, very comfortable and so dang close to the studios.

This was a standard room, garden view. Sorry I really didn't take any full view pictures of the room...we really had a great time, great staff, fun hotel, very comfortable and so dang close to the studios.

It really is a great hotel. It's nice being able to walk to the parks, which is usually faster than waiting for the water taxi.

So now the OU army needs to get to the Hard Rock for some picture updates. :thumbs:

For comparison, here's the old rooms:

accom_roomdetail_poolview.jpg

Does anyone know how many (if not all) of the rooms are updated with this new style? Are they still working on updating other rooms?

Does anyone know how many (if not all) of the rooms are updated with this new style? Are they still working on updating other rooms?

I really do not have any info. We were staying on the 6th floor and they were still doing some work in the corridors. We were told that our room had just recently been refurbished which lead me to believe they had just started changing over rooms (but that would seem odd to me as I assume summer is pretty busy esp w/ Diagon coming).

Now that I've seen the old pics, I can say that all the corridors on our floor had the carpet that matched the room, the carpet looks like the design is guitar strings, but we did not wonder other floors.

I do recall the corridor on the first floor didn't have the same colors, but I think we were near more common areas when I noticed that (like the exit towards the boat dock and the exercise room.

QQ, do annual pass holders get free parking at Hard Rock?

I don't think ANYONE gets free parking at the hotels. Universal team members certainly don't, which is why most people park at the garages if they are visiting the hotels.