Harmonious | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but I also know it was not well rated among the majority of regular guests
It was the third highest rated thing in the park after two decades, which is way more than Rivers of Light could say on Day 2.

There was nothing here that they couldn’t have done with World of Color tech and hidden the platform during the day.
In addition to the WoC lagoon being a gigantic pool - which the World Showcase lagoon is not - the WoC lagoon is one-seventh the size. If people are griping about having to see the contraption in the middle for Harmonious, I can't even imagine if they had built a WoC platform at the entrance to World Showcase. Also, WoC works a lot better because you have the backdrops of the coaster and the ferris wheel. Epcot is just.... space.

All in all, the contraption in the middle is impressive but it's a largely forgettable show that less than two hours later I'm struggling to really remember the overarching tune or theme or anything.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'm sure Disney fans will love the visuals..... But to me it just seemed like wild, uncontrolled CHAOS. The music seems all the same after a while since it's mostly up tempo,
lacking pauses and lower volume to create some differentiation. Since @Nick, on another thread, mentioned he was watching Happily Ever After live at MK tonight before it disappears,
I also watched the video of that, to remind my senses of what it was like when I saw it at MK a couple years ago. Damn, what a difference in quality, night and day. Disney 'hit it'
with Happily Ever After. Harmonious, isn't even in the ballpark. Not to mention comparing it to Illuminations which exuded 'class' and had a nice flow. Harmonious just constantly
screams loudly at you. That's kind of it's schtick, and it really misses the mark.

Last edited:
I'm sure Disney fans will love the visuals..... But to me it just seemed like wild, uncontrolled CHAOS. The music seems all the same after a while since it's mostly up tempo,
lacking pauses and lower volume to create some differentiation. Since @Nick, on another thread, mentioned he was watching Happily Ever After live at MK tonight before it disappears,
I also watched the video of that, to remind my senses of what it was like when I saw it at MK a couple years ago. Damn, what a difference in quality, night and day. Disney 'hit it'
with Happily Ever After. Harmonious, isn't even in the ballpark. Not to mention comparing it to Illuminations which exuded 'class' and had a nice flow. Harmonious just constantly
screams loudly at you. That's kind of it's schtick, and it really misses the mark.

Nah, the fans will likely be the ones who don’t like it, general audiences will likely eat it up.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That was rough.

Typically every recent disney “Clip show” starts with an original score that sets up the theme of the show, and then ends with something similar to that original score with more of a grand tone.

This show throws all of that out the window. It jumps straight into IP and goes full IP up until the finish line. Nothing there to bring it all together.

It’s sad. They put a lot of money into this and it feels like disjointed segments without any overarching theme of unity etc like they were talking about.

Reactions: belloq87
While I haven't watched or seen anything from the show, I to say these reactions are sort of what I was afraid of from this show. Certainly doesn't have me overly excited to see it tonight, although i'm still going in fresh and will judge based on what I see.

Yes....By Disney fans, I was referring to their general public, not the hardcore cult.
I think OhHai is right though. Disney+ was among the most rapid-growing streaming service and is among the incumbents in market share and subscribers despite being less than 2 years old. That’s based on the strength of its classic movie catalogues. You don’t see that kind of success from just a hardcore cult…basic Disney is what the GP wants.

I think OhHai is right though. Disney+ was among the most rapid-growing streaming service and is among the incumbents in market share and subscribers despite being less than 2 years old. That’s based on the strength of its classic movie catalogues. You don’t see that kind of success from just a hardcore cult…basic Disney is what the GP wants.

I do not think general audiences these days will tolerate original stuff from either Disney or Universal.

Last edited:
That was rough.

Typically every recent disney “Clip show” starts with an original score that sets up the theme of the show, and then ends with something similar to that original score with more of a grand tone.

This show throws all of that out the window. It jumps straight into IP and goes full IP up until the finish line. Nothing there to bring it all together.

It’s sad. They put a lot of money into this and it feels like disjointed segments without any overarching theme of unity etc like they were talking about.

That's what I don't get, the show is called HARMONIOUS yet there isn't a musical theme/song they harmonize to! LIKE WHAT!

I watched the livestream last night and while I’m sure it’s more entertaining in person, I was very underwhelmed and disappointed with it. It felt like I was watching a lesser version of HEA with concert staging and, like, giant Freddy Kruger hands splashing water everywhere.

I really don’t know what Disney’s doing anymore.

I watched the livestream last night and while I’m sure it’s more entertaining in person, I was very underwhelmed and disappointed with it. It felt like I was watching a lesser version of HEA with concert staging and, like, giant Freddy Kruger hands splashing water everywhere.

I agree I don't know if Disney knows what they are doing. Also, freddy kruger hands lololol

Reactions: Allison
If not I'd guess there may be a few job openings next week in the "night time spectaculars" department. Although Disney people tend to fail upward...

Would fit better in Fantasmic...basically the same plot as NOES. :dance:

Reactions: Tyr12 and Allison
I agree I don't know if Disney knows what they are doing. Also, freddy kruger hands lololol

I know I already said it on Twitter but they look like Bugle fingers or, like, an enormous light up acrylic set shooting water out and I just do not get this show lol.

Waiting to switch it now, but the Beacons of Light on SSE looks great from afar at the Italy Pavilion. Nice added atmosphere while waiting on the show to start.

Reactions: Grabnar
As a certain twitter user stated people are going to either love or hate it. Whether it pleases the hardcore Disney fan base is another story. I will say it looked very grand and spectacular from the livestream.