Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

I mean they added so much and liberally focused on things other than the show to make it better. The actual in World Showcase reality is it sucked.
I don't agree that the actual show sucks. I think it's actually far superior to Enchantment and it you can grab a spot at the North or South end, it's an enjoyable show overall. However, it isn't better than Epcot Forever even imo, never mind ROE, the barges sitting there all day sucks, and the fact that you have to be in the perfect spot to enjoy the show is ridiculous.

Tbh, they could just keep running Epcot Forever and i'd be satisfied enough. Can't wait to see the updated version of HEA, too.

I liked the show. But not the daytime barges.

What a dramatic waste of money looking back.

I know some folks were theorizing that they wouldn't tear the barges down due to how much money they spent on them, but I think folks don't realize that as much as theme park fans disliked the barges...that's nothing compared to how Ops and other teams felt as they utterly despised them. These things are a maintenance nightmare and that can turn into a money pit in itself, and at that point you have to cut your losses to stop the bleeding.

As for the show itself, for me it just wasn't it. I know replacing a show like RoE is a seriously tall order, but replacing a 360 show that works perfectly for the WS with one that has limited viewing angles was a misfire from the get-go.

I know some folks were theorizing that they wouldn't tear the barges down due to how much money they spent on them, but I think folks don't realize that as much as theme park fans disliked the barges...that's nothing compared to how Ops and other teams felt as they utterly despised them. These things are a maintenance nightmare and that can turn into a money pit in itself, and at that point you have to cut your losses to stop the bleeding.

So much this. They realized it's better overall to trade in the car now and cut the losses.

So the barges are coming out but what happens to the docks/platforms they put in the lagoon? Do those stay for future use or would those come out as well?

So the barges are coming out but what happens to the docks/platforms they put in the lagoon? Do those stay for future use or would those come out as well?
They will need some kind of firing platform for pyro

It would be great if they kept the fountains somehow

I imagine we would get some new pyro barges though