Harmonious | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The reactions I hear for Harmonious are almost fully dependent on where they watch it from. The vantage points around the World Showcase lagoon are NOT equal, especially when it comes to the barges and animation. If those are staying, I don't know how this new show would be more received much better than Harmonious.
Yes, the much maligned Illuminations globe was at least able to be "seen" from all points in the lagoon

Harmonius is a great example of overengineering and creating new problems in the process

Honestly I've been saying from when the show debuted that I don't think it was going to last long...but I expected it longer than a year lol

Reactions: UNIrd
I have a few spots I enjoy watching it from. It's actually enjoyable if you see it from the right angle. If I cant see it from the angle I want, I don't bother watching it.
Agreed. Illuminations was not as location dependent as Harmonious. I’d argue you have about 40% of the area around the lagoon where the view is good. Otherwise, you are in between the viewing angle of the taco barges

Reactions: youhow2
So this is just beating a dead horse and a moot point since the show is going away but I got to watch it for the very first time in person last week and sheesh. I was so bored. I actually checked my phone twice (!!) to look at the time to see how much longer till it was over. I e never done that with a Disney nighttime show. Usually I am thinking “oh no, it’s gotta be almost over!”

And the barges were just so underutilized. Those things are huge! If you are going to have that big of screens and go all in on IPs put them up there! Show some clips from the movies! Instead I looked at a bunch of colors and shapes for 20 minutes.

Anyways, I’m glad I got to see it in person and it will not be missed. Good riddance.

I liked the show. But not the daytime barges.

What a dramatic waste of money looking back.
The Disney+ Livestream remains undefeated in showing how good this show can be (its still up on D+). The barges really were the thing that made it so I didn't care for it because not only did you heave to deal with them there during the day, but you also had to be in one of a select few perfect spots to truly get the full experience.

The Disney+ Livestream remains undefeated in showing how good this show can be (its still up on D+). The barges really were the thing that made it so I didn't care for it because not only did you heave to deal with them there during the day, but you also had to be in one of a select few perfect spots to truly get the full experience.

I mean they added so much and liberally focused on things other than the show to make it better. The actual in World Showcase reality is it sucked.