Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

It's really poor design that that center screen can only be seen from two main areas instead of being a 360 degree screen or a rotating center that looks similar to the current one. It forces the majority of people to watch from either the North or South end of World Showcase to get the absolute best view, thus making it mandatory to camp out extra early if you want one of those prime spots.

And the south shore is predominantly blocked by the American Gardens Theater to boot.

I don't know how long Harmonious specifically will be around, but I think we will be seeing nighttime spectaculars use this show infrastructure in the lagoon for many, many years to come.
Really? I think the over-engineering and complexity of the show is exactly why it won't stick around long

It's really poor design that that center screen can only be seen from two main areas instead of being a 360 degree screen or a rotating center that looks similar to the current one. It forces the majority of people to watch from either the North or South end of World Showcase to get the absolute best view, thus making it mandatory to camp out extra early if you want one of those prime spots.
I think it was designed that way purposefully. Mark my words, they will charge people to view this from the front.

I think it was designed that way purposefully. Mark my words, they will charge people to view this from the front.
It's not worth the extra cost, btw. I waited about an hour and a half to see it from Italy, but all the middle screen does is have slightly different projections sometimes that won't matter if you miss them, or, many times, it's just the same thing on the center screen as the barges.

It's not worth the extra cost, btw. I waited about an hour and a half to see it from Italy, but all the middle screen does is have slightly different projections sometimes that won't matter if you miss them, or, many times, it's just the same thing on the center screen as the barges.

Imagine if they went through with the giant celebration pavilion and were charging $200 a head for this show to watch on top. woof.

Imagine if they went through with the giant celebration pavilion and were charging $200 a head for this show to watch on top. woof.
They are going to have to do something with that plot of land eventually, so I don't rule out the event pavilion concept coming back.

Really? I think the over-engineering and complexity of the show is exactly why it won't stick around long
Yeah this is what I’m saying with a show like this I can see Disney just getting rid of the barges after awhile. I understand the investment standpoint but some things are not worth the cost.

I enjoyed Harmonious a bit more on my showing last night. Part of it is knowing what to expect, but I did like some of the segments prior to Coco a bit more on this watch. I basically just walked from Space 220 all the way back to Japan and watched from the balcony of the restaurant. Not the best view, but I also didn't wait more than a few minutes, which I think played into me enjoying it more. The other day I waited roughly 2 hours before the 20 minute show and the show just felt like it was never going to end, partly I think because I had been standing around for a long time. This isn't a show worth waiting a long time for imo, although you may want to do it once. Just walking up an watching was far more enjoyable for me.

I saw this in person yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I was watching from Japan and I had a pretty good view. Disney did their thing with this show. I thought the music selection was good. It was like each song had their own little finale.

Came to see this for a third time tonight unexpectedly as someone in my party hadn’t seen it yet, so we came after Enchantment.

We pulled up fairly last minute to an elevated spot in Port of Entry area that was pretty much dead center. This is clearly the view the show is meant to be seen from as from this side, there were many effects I could see that I’m pretty sure aren’t shown over on the back side of the lagoon. The lasers and projections are much more effective.

Overall, it is a fairly grand show, but the fact that you really need to be in the perfect spot for the show to get the full experience is a major shortcoming. I was never expecting this to live up to Illuminations or even have Epcot’s vision in mind, but it doesn’t really have any heart.

Is it enjoyable? If you have the right spot, yes. I enjoyed it tonight, although this may just be because I had such a bad initial reaction that I’m slowly just enjoying it more with better views. After three viewings, I think I’m good for quite some time now, though.

Oh, and just something to note, but the right screen in the front had a panel that went black mid-show.

They could've easily just re-used the globe for the screen. They would've saved money and kept a connection to Epcot without ruining the lagoon. Win-win-win.

They could've easily just re-used the globe for the screen. They would've saved money and kept a connection to Epcot without ruining the lagoon. Win-win-win.
No, it wouldn't have worked for what they are trying to convey in the middle of the lagoon. Those screen weren't large enough on the globe and there's also some other effects used that weren't present on that 20 year old structure.

Also, there were reports towards the end of IllumiNations that the globe was in disrepair and basically hobbling just to make it to the finish line without falling apart.

No, it wouldn't have worked for what they are trying to convey in the middle of the lagoon. Those screen weren't large enough on the globe and there's also some other effects used that weren't present on that 20 year old structure.

Also, there were reports towards the end of IllumiNations that the globe was in disrepair and basically hobbling just to make it to the finish line without falling apart.
OMG what if they got a new globe?