Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of the guys from the Parkscope podcast rode it recently (on the weekend I think) and said it was still down.

One of the guys from the Parkscope podcast rode it recently (on the weekend I think) and said it was still down.

Those jerks?

Yeah JungleSkip went and rode it and it's down. It affects it totally, more than he says, but it isn't a game ruiner. But it's terrible and needs to be fixed.

Those jerks?

Yeah JungleSkip went and rode it and it's down. It affects it totally, more than he says, but it isn't a game ruiner. But it's terrible and needs to be fixed.

Oh are you and jungieskip from the podcast? Which ones are you. I love your effing podcast :cheers:

Went Thursday, screen still down. Got stuck for 20 minutes as well, allowed me to snap a picture of the track actuator in the second troll scene.
10838058_1842611712630696_8203330523745036854_o.jpg

Well hi, I didn't know that. I see Mike on Twitter quite a bit.

I will be at uni a week today for my first visit since Diagon opened. I can't wait.

Well hi, I didn't know that. I see Mike on Twitter quite a bit.

I will be at uni a week today for my first visit since Diagon opened. I can't wait.

Enjoy dude! we fly home tomorrow, UOR has been fairly quiet!

Always good to hear, I can't wait to actually see Diagon ally and Springfield as this is all new since my last trip as well as transformers but I have ridden transformers in Hollywood.

I've been twice in the last two weeks and noticed in the final scene where Belatrix and the Dark Lord are standing the 3D is off and one of the projetors seems to have a missing portion near the top above them. It was like this both days I went.

Ive been away from the forums for a while but I have to say, you guys have me worried. I have a trip planned for thanksgiving and i'm hoping everything is fixed by then

I would think you will be fine.

BTW, I have heard costs for the fix range from $500K to $1.5M. That high end sounds crazy unreasonable to me, but what do I know about kukas and engineering.

Rode today. Some of the vehicles, in my case train 3, are still having trouble with the low end sound.

That's a shame. I'll take a broken KUKA over busted audio any day. It's happened to me a few times and totally sucks the life out of the ride.

That's a shame. I'll take a broken KUKA over busted audio any day. It's happened to me a few times and totally sucks the life out of the ride.

It made the ride feel so different. You don't realize how big a part the audio plays in the experience until you go without.

Same thing has happened on Spider Man for years. I am not sure if the speakers are blown or there is some more sporadic issue that makes it seem as such. How many times have you ridden Gringotts?

Are they holding off on fixing this aspect of the ride until some of the initial craze dies down? As much as it ever will for Potter, I guess... How many "regular" (those who go once a year or so) visitors are noticing this issue to the point that it is ruining the experience for them? It seems pretty obvious Universal will have to fix this, and soon, but are they going to be able to shut this ride down for fixes right before the summer rush without a huge backlash? And will they want to do this at the start of the high season if it's something they feel they can hold off on until September or so?

Same thing has happened on Spider Man for years. I am not sure if the speakers are blown or there is some more sporadic issue that makes it seem as such. How many times have you ridden Gringotts?

30+ times for Gringotts, prolly something similar for Spidey. I've had the audio issue four or five times on Gringotts. Never noticed any significant audio problems on Spidey. Volume seems to fluctuate occasionally from ride to ride, though I've never encountered anything as awful as Gringotts' issues.

I believe Gringotts' problem is isolated to the front speakers and is only on certain vehicles at a given time (I rode twice in a row once on the same vehicle and had busted audio both times). The rear speakers for each row seem to output dialogue and little else. The front speakers seem to handle sound effects and music, which are 80-90% muted when the issue occurs. Dialogue has always been present and clear for me, even when the front speakers are busted.

Just my perceptions.