Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
30+ times for Gringotts, prolly something similar for Spidey. I've had the audio issue four or five times on Gringotts. Never noticed any significant audio problems on Spidey. Volume seems to fluctuate occasionally from ride to ride, though I've never encountered anything as awful as Gringotts' issues.

I believe Gringotts' problem is isolated to the front speakers and is only on certain vehicles at a given time (I rode twice in a row once on the same vehicle and had busted audio both times). The rear speakers for each row seem to output dialogue and little else. The front speakers seem to handle sound effects and music, which are 80-90% muted when the issue occurs. Dialogue has always been present and clear for me, even when the front speakers are busted.

Just my perceptions.

Sounds like a relevant issue to me then. I wonder where the audio comes from... a computer on board the RV or does it come from a more central source elsewhere? I will have to ask. Fascinating.

This audio issue is interesting. We haven't noticed the issue Teebin references on Spidey much over the years, and certainly hope that they don't allow Gringotts to slip downward. Our rides on Gringotts last trip were all nearly perfect but one (where the last effect with dragon didn't work) and you certainly realize the difference of spectacular vs good when all effects are not working appropriately.

Water and heat were working perfectly last time I rode (last Saturday)...I got wetter than I ever have in the past though...audio was a tad off in the Belatrix and Voldy scene..not sure if we were out of synch

Also, I've been noticing the final goodbye scene is having some wonky projection issues...seems the top of the projection is a few frames ahead of the bottom..weird

Despite its flaws I find myself longing to ride Gringotts again and again..........I guess that is a sign of a good ride.:smiley: I have to wait until December though.:blank:

I don't think I've ever had an experience on Gringotts where there was one effect that put into the category of a "bad" ride. I feel that must be due to luck. The most major issues I've had on the ride have had to due with water/heat effects and those have steadily improved every time I've gone. I'm very glad I haven't had issues with the music, as it is in my opinion, one of the most stunning aspects of the ride. With the quick, energetic start, and the grand, almost emotional finale, I'm always breathless when I exit the ride and a good part of that is the enveloping music immersing me into the ride. I hope the issues that occur are fixed as that would really change the ride experience for me and I'm sure many others.

I don't think I've ever had an experience on Gringotts where there was one effect that put into the category of a "bad" ride. I feel that must be due to luck. The most major issues I've had on the ride have had to due with water/heat effects and those have steadily improved every time I've gone. I'm very glad I haven't had issues with the music, as it is in my opinion, one of the most stunning aspects of the ride. With the quick, energetic start, and the grand, almost emotional finale, I'm always breathless when I exit the ride and a good part of that is the enveloping music immersing me into the ride. I hope the issues that occur are fixed as that would really change the ride experience for me and I'm sure many others.

Agreed about the audio - probably my favorite aspect of the ride, all things considered.

Anyone else feel like the picture quality/3D quality in the first scene isn't as good as the rest of the ride? I wonder why that is.

Anyone else feel like the picture quality/3D quality in the first scene isn't as good as the rest of the ride? I wonder why that is.

I always thought that was just me & maybe I was being a little crazy. I thought it wasn't as succinct as the other scenes, which were fantastic clarity wise. Still pretty good though.

I always thought that was just me & maybe I was being a little crazy. I thought it wasn't as succinct as the other scenes, which were fantastic clarity wise. Still pretty good though.

That almost sounds like a slight miscalc on the viewing distance and angle for the final render. What house did all the cgi and compositing?

I'm at the park. Ride went back up around 11AM and is still running. I was in the exterior queue and saw a TM and another person walking around the super extended queue with a clapboard that had "Universal Studios Japan" on it. Any significance?

One of the elevators was down when I rode today. Never seen that before. Everything else was working great (the audio even seemed a bit louder than I remember), minus the KUKA screen.

When fully running this thing has a good capacity. Plus I think everyone front loads this land. It's always worth it to do other stuff first then diagon later.

I went on today for the first time in a couple months, I enjoyed the ride but the missing KUKA screen was rough looking to me. I hope Universal can get that fixed and it won't turn out to be their own version of the Disco Yeti (obviously on a much smaller scale).

might i add that the ride was walk on yesterday for single rider and walk through for regular line around 6pm for the remainder of the evening.

Was the right-hand elevator up for you? Was down for me around 2:30PM. I believe we got an abridged version of the elevator ride...felt shorter than usual. Would be interesting if they actually have that as a backup if one side fails.