Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Felipe

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2009
The Forbidden Forest
If you would like to check out exterior progress of London and general Diagon Alley discussion, please visit Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2.

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!

LAST WARNING... SPOILERS AHEAD...

ENJOY!
:cheers:

Info from SnitchSeeker:
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-p...y-potter-and-the-escape-from-gringotts-97701/

Official Press Release

http://orlandounited.com/2014/05/un...t-harry-potter-and-the-escape-from-gringotts/

(These images above come from the Orlando Business Journal article)

BTW, I've made the pics I posted clickable so you can open them in full size (BIG!) and gawk at every little detail! :cheers:

If this is coming out now, I'm cannot wait to see whatever is coming in a few hours on the Today Show! Too bad I won't see it till I get home from work in the afternoon...

When do we start placing bets on how the dragon scene is going to work? That pic is confounding me. It would easy to write the whole thing off as ride media, but something about the dragon looks physical. Maybe the head? I don't know.

Bellatrix and friends definitely look like musion. All of the characters in that scene share a blue hue that isn't represented in the environment. So I'm guessing everything else is a set.

Ride vehicle looks unbelievably sexy. In theory, it seems like the back car might have difficulty observing scenes, but I'm assuming they took that into account while designing the ride.

When do we start placing bets on how the dragon scene is going to work? That pic is confounding me. It would easy to write the whole thing off as ride media, but something about the dragon looks physical. Maybe the head? I don't know.
It's the light coming from the head and the smoke that makes me question what it is.

It's the light coming from the head and the smoke that makes me question what it is.

Smoke? That's interesting, I thought it was just wispy CG fire. Could very well be an animatronic head poking out from the middle of a large screen (or something), then. Good observation.

This. The breath looks like a lit fog effect. I would think if it were all screen it would be realistic CG fire.

But then what is Bill Weasley in the foreground? Not sure what to make of it, but it looks freaking amazing!

So close, yet so far away...

isJHXRO93nZkA.gif

edit - Just noticed the hook on the front of the RV. That lays some pretty good groundwork for the supposed ending.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely speechless - I have to get on this right now! :fist: :lol:

The fact we're even questioning what is set and what is real just shows how incredible the execution is on this, and the comments some time back that the whole scope of scenes is much bigger this time and extended even further with screens seem to have held true. I genuinely can't wait to get on this and explore all around the environment they've created; it just looks too good to be true.

Last edited:
OMG.....absolutely stunning.:drool: Universal really IS the new Disney in terms of attraction quality and theming.

Bring on Phase 3, 4, etc if Comcast continues to exhibit a willingness to spend money and hire the best in the business to bring us these new worlds, attractions, and experiences!:happy:

A couple of interesting things to note in this picture. Notice how deep below the platform the track is - it isn't even visible here. That means lots of space between chassis and body for the motion base! :cheers: Second thing is that the seats look super comfy but they don't appear to have included the little in-seat valuables pouch from FJ; I was hoping that feature might make its way over because its so insanely useful (unless bags are permitted and there are nets in front of each seat?).

With this proper photo as opposed to the rear-facing concept drawing, I really like the look they've gone for with the vehicles. I think it looks even better than the ornate original render version would have done; it fits in perfectly with the environment.

I think this is the most exciting photo of the day for me, it just makes me want to jump right in the seat!

Thanks for all of this!!! Looks absolutely amazing and it can't get here soon enough!

I think that they don't have the seat locker because most people don't use it and probably don't even know it is there. I love them and think they are a great idea for stowing sunglasses, wallets and phones; even though every once in awhile you can get a little jab in the back. They made a big deal of it in the very beginning before the lockers but since then, I don't think I've heard a single TM make mention of it. I think Dumbledore is the only one who remembers they exist now.

The load area looks impressive... the great hall will serve its purpose.

Why is it that UC keeps ending up with the worst CGI and compositing ever executed? Is it that WB doesn't want it to look as good as their movies? FJ and now these both look more like old computer games.

Sorry to be so doggy downer.

On another note: There will be a real dragon AA during the ride, however, there will be NO real fire effects. I have no idea if the dragon in the picture is the AA or a projection.