Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Has anyone that's been on Gringotts recently noticed any blurry screens? When I rode, last July, some of the screens towards the beggining of the ride were noticeably blurry. Also, the finale scene where you launch through the Kuka Arm door, had projectors that didn't seem to fit the entire screen and faded out towards the top. Just wondering if they've fixed those issue. Thanks! :D
I could be full of poo, but I believe sometimes the synching and squenching of some of the projectors will be a bit off leading to an image blur...Also - I always forget to look up during the launch part, It's certainly not as bad as Kong with sightlines, where you have to basically force yourself to not look

I could be full of poo, but I believe sometimes the synching and squenching of some of the projectors will be a bit off leading to an image blur...Also - I always forget to look up during the launch part, It's certainly not as bad as Kong with sightlines, where you have to basically force yourself to not look
I do know that when those projectors are out of sync it is VERY noticable, but that's it.

I used the AAP quite a few times and I was always directed to the door you see on your right before entering Gringotts. I had to go against the flow of guests exiting the ride. I'd end up at a golden elevator that takes you to the station level. A small corridor goes near the child swap area where a team member makes sure you get on the ride. I never saw an inch of the queue.
That's interesting, I've done Gringotts with an AAP and always used the middle lane. I'll ask around to see what changed.

That's interesting, I've done Gringotts with an AAP and always used the middle lane. I'll ask around to see what changed.
I once had an express ticket for Gringotts after the ride had broken down or something, and when I came to use it, they also directed me the same way as Tielo described. I think it might just be that every so often they do this for a guest, so that they have about zero wait time.

I've always been directed down the middle lane and then use the golden elevators past the faux preshow elevators. Granted, we had a wheelchair in our party.

I'm still trying to figure out why in the world they decided to make the locker room so small. Thought they would have learned their lesson after FJ.

Would they be able to expand that out (towards the entrance of the ride) to make it a bit roomier? I can't remember how close they are to the exit-shop.

I know this thread hasn’t been super active lately, but I’ve had a question about this ride for a while. I remember the big news during construction that Daniel Radcliffe wouldn’t be returning to play Harry for the ride, as he was done with the franchise.

My question is: how did they recreate Harry on the ride without him? Hermione in all of Diagon is an obviously bad recast, so did they get a soundalike for Radcliffe? The voice always sounded a lot more convincing to me. And did they just make a CG body for him since you’re never that close to him? I’ve never been on the ride so I haven’t been able to see these screens in person.

I know this thread hasn’t been super active lately, but I’ve had a question about this ride for a while. I remember the big news during construction that Daniel Radcliffe wouldn’t be returning to play Harry for the ride, as he was done with the franchise.

My question is: how did they recreate Harry on the ride without him? Hermione in all of Diagon is an obviously bad recast, so did they get a soundalike for Radcliffe? The voice always sounded a lot more convincing to me. And did they just make a CG body for him since you’re never that close to him? I’ve never been on the ride so I haven’t been able to see these screens in person.
If my memory serves me correct, I believe I read that they used previous filmed footage and just put it into that scene, so the voices would not be an issue if that was the case. . Perhaps someone else could add to that if my recall was bad.

Sorry to bring up an oldish thread.
Rode tonight during HHN...for some reason the 3D was turned off for the “Voldemort and Harry Fight” scene. Will check it out again tomorrow.

Edit:
Rode again on September 21st, 3D was working in that scene...probably just a fluke.

Last edited:
First time on this ride and probably my favorite ride at USF. Marathoned it 3 days in a row with Early entry and rode it about 20 times. Such a fun mix of dark ride and coaster elements. The first drop is surprisingly good. I wish USH had Diagone and Gringotts.

First time on this ride and probably my favorite ride at USF. Marathoned it 3 days in a row with Early entry and rode it about 20 times. Such a fun mix of dark ride and coaster elements. The first drop is surprisingly good. I wish USH had Diagone and Gringotts.
I love the ride. I've literally rode it a couple hundred times, and I don't live anywhere near Florida. Great rerideability . It never gets old.

Almost died to day on gringotts!!

Someone Farted in the elevator :ded:we were hopeless. Couldn't do a thing!

That is so awful. I had a connector through Reagan and we boarded a bus to take us out to our plane. Someone befouled the air and I nearly choked as it was so awful. Then, the bus stopped (it was a hot summer day as well) and didn't let us off as the plane was having some trouble. So, we had to stand there gagging and ready to murder the person responsible except that no one was willing to admit to committing the crime.