Hawkeye (Disney+) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Hawkeye (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hawkeye is the lowest-watched MCU show so far according to SambaTV, coming in with a 5-day viewership total of 1.5M. 1.3M watched episode 2.

That’s 40% behind Loki, which debuted with an MCU high 2.5M households watching in the first five days. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier drew 1.8M and WandaVision brought in 1.6M over their 5-day time slots, but remember those shows debuted on a Friday.

I guess it’s possible that with Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping, some of the more casual viewers are waiting, or, as the joke goes in the show, Hawkeye’s real problem IS in fact branding.

Hawkeye is the lowest-watched MCU show so far according to SambaTV, coming in with a 5-day viewership total of 1.5M. 1.3M watched episode 2.

That’s 40% behind Loki, which debuted with an MCU high 2.5M households watching in the first five days. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier drew 1.8M and WandaVision brought in 1.6M over their 5-day time slots, but remember those shows debuted on a Friday.

I guess it’s possible that with Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping, some of the more casual viewers are waiting, or, as the joke goes in the show, Hawkeye’s real problem IS in fact branding.
I mean to me it makes sense

This show is passing the torch, and while maybe Kingpin shows up its not advertised or being talked about much. The show is also slow....like I enjoy it but also think its a 6/7 out of ten without anything to make it feel different besides it being at Christmas its more MCU. I'm good with it but when you have 4-5 shows a year and 4-5 films a year....you are going to start seeing people drop off the shows if you really aren't making them must watch.

I think most shows after this wont have this issue as much but it goes to show why things like Agatha could just be like this as well if they don't make them feel more important. I think Moon Knight, Miss Marvel and She Hulk will do great but they also have more going on. She Hulk is a pass the touch kinda but we know Abomination is coming back so at least we have some big bad that is connected to past MCU....who the F cares about these tracksuit idiots.

Wasnt there some controversy about not crediting certain creators (in regards to Comics!Hawkeye) that caused some boycotting? Assuming it ended.

I really like the series, reminds me of Netflix Marvel shows. I think low viewership is simply due to the fact that Hawkeye is everyone's least favorite Avenger, also most outside die-hard fans who read the comics, most people who just watch the movies and D+ series aren't as excited for Kate Bishop because she's not a well known character.

I really like the series, reminds me of Netflix Marvel shows. I think low viewership is simply due to the fact that Hawkeye is everyone's least favorite Avenger, also most outside die-hard fans who read the comics, most people who just watch the movies and D+ series aren't as excited for Kate Bishop because she's not a well known character.
I don't think anyone knows who Moon Knight is but think the show will be a hit and Shang Chi also killed it

The promo's don't make this a much watch....its like Will Hawkeye make it home for Christmas. Compared the the 3 other live action shows it just lowwwwww stakes.

Which cool I'm fine, with but doesn't surprise me its not getting that much love when Shows like Arcane are out their getting Raving reviews and have a big event that shakes of that show every few episodes.
Also the show isn't helping yet with him being the least liked. His best moments have been when he is funny or being brave like fighting Vision when he has no chance, he has done nether of these in the show yet.

I don't think anyone knows who Moon Knight is but think the show will be a hit and Shang Chi also killed it

The promo's don't make this a much watch....its like Will Hawkeye make it home for Christmas. Compared the the 3 other live action shows it just lowwwwww stakes.

Which cool I'm fine, with but doesn't surprise me its not getting that much love when Shows like Arcane are out their getting Raving reviews and have a big event that shakes of that show every few episodes.
Also the show isn't helping yet with him being the least liked. His best moments have been when he is funny or being brave like fighting Vision when he has no chance, he has done nether of these in the show yet.
I'm hoping that the Tracksuit Mafia is something we're done with like, after tonight's episode. I want to get on to Yelena and (hopefully) Kingpin. If Kingpin does in fact show up, i'll be thankful to this series for that simple thing as i'm really excited at the possibility of Vincent D'Onofrio entering the MCU, especially since I could see Kingpin as being involved in the formation of the Dark Avengers.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm hoping that the Tracksuit Mafia is something we're done with like, after tonight's episode. I want to get on to Yelena and (hopefully) Kingpin. If Kingpin does in fact show up, i'll be thankful to this series for that simple thing as i'm really excited at the possibility of Vincent D'Onofrio entering the MCU, especially since I could see Kingpin as being involved in the formation of the Dark Avengers.
I hope so as well but I dont see it happening....knowing Disney this whole Series is literally to set Kate Up and give us maybe a small look at Val's team at the end or Kingpin

Either way, I don't think this series will really do what anyone but Kate Fans want. Like Wanda has Mystery, Falcon had that badass opening fight scene and Loki had...well Loki to get people in the door to stay but I think the things people are looking forward to that "could" come from this are all going to be "smaller" than many fans want.

But this show clearly is about Kate, and while I think Haley is killing it...the story is just not really as exciting as other MCU shows/movies.

Someone said this show felt like The Netflick shows....my god I wish I felt the same but Dare Devil felt fresh and brutal. So far this show is more MCU and while it sounds like I hate the show...i like it but see the flaws and I'd just being making this more exciting. We are at episode 2 and just feels like we should have seen more by now. I also was really hoping to see more of Ronan flashabcks but we might not get anything new from that.

I hope I'm wrong and the series really picks up this week but with the run time of 40 mins for the next two episodes I just doubt we get much until the finale two episodes

I hope so as well but I dont see it happening....knowing Disney this whole Series is literally to set Kate Up and give us maybe a small look at Val's team at the end or Kingpin

Either way, I don't think this series will really do what anyone but Kate Fans want. Like Wanda has Mystery, Falcon had that badass opening fight scene and Loki had...well Loki to get people in the door to stay but I think the things people are looking forward to that "could" come from this are all going to be "smaller" than many fans want.

But this show clearly is about Kate, and while I think Haley is killing it...the story is just not really as exciting as other MCU shows/movies.
I agree the show is about Kate, but we're about to get introduced to Echo in about 30 minutes based on where things left off last week and I do think Clint's hearing loss has been one of the more interesting parts of this show so far as it's a natural thing to happen to a human who fights in war after war, but we've never seen it explored on screen in a comic book movie to my knowledge.

I do admit that Kate has probably been the most boring part of the show though so far, which I don't blame on Hailee Steinfeld, but on the writing team. She's proven she's to be a great actress, capable of sincerity and comedy in both Bumblebee and her leading role in Dickinson. However, with the show leaning on her so much, her being a bit of a boring character so far really hurts the overall show, especially since the show seems to come alive when Renner is on screen.

Someone said this show felt like The Netflick shows....my god I wish I felt the same but Dare Devil felt fresh and brutal. So far this show is more MCU and while it sounds like I hate the show...i like it but see the flaws and I'd just being making this more exciting. We are at episode 2 and just feels like we should have seen more by now. I also was really hoping to see more of Ronan flashabcks but we might not get anything new from that.

I hope I'm wrong and the series really picks up this week but with the run time of 40 mins for the next two episodes I just doubt we get much until the finale two episodes
I've said this, but i've been very specific to say it reminds me a bit of a more PG-13 Jessica Jones. Both are female-led, low-level mystery shows set in NYC. Jessica Jones also wasn't as violent as the other Netflix offerings if i'm remembering correctly. Now to be clear, i'm just saying this is probably the closest the MCU has gotten to the feel of that type of a show, not that it's on the level of those.

As for the run time, I mean, have we gotten so caught up in the MCU shows that we forgot that The Mandalorian used to crank out some great episodes on a short run time? The run time doesn't matter, it's about what they choose to do with the screen time we have.

I wish I could’ve jumped right into Episode 4 after where that left off, but…
Kingpin is coming! I believe we saw a slight shot of his burly hands, large stature, the suit, and unmistakable laugh. If that's not Kingpin, i'm at a loss for words given that Kingpin is Echo’s adoptive father in the comics after killing her father. Clearly this is a bit different since Clint killed her father in the MCU while he was Ronan.

There was also multiple mentions referencing him in the episode. And just like that, I’m wayyyy more interested in the upcoming Echo series as he’ll probably be in that as well.

I wish I could’ve jumped right into Episode 4 after where that left off, but…
Kingpin is coming! I believe we saw a slight shot of his burly hands, large stature, the suit, and unmistakable laugh. If that's not Kingpin, i'm at a loss for words given that Kingpin is her adoptive father in the comics after killing her father. Clearly this is a bit different since Clint killed her father in the MCU while he was Ronan.

There was also multiple mentions referencing him in the episode. And just like that, I’m wayyyy more interested in the upcoming Echo series as he’ll probably be in that as well.
I jumped for joy at that spoiler. So far, this is definitely my favorite MCU show.

I jumped for joy at that spoiler. So far, this is definitely my favorite MCU show.
Not sure if you’ve seen the episode or just read what I posted, but here’s a look at what I was referencing either way:

Rumor is Fisk makes his debut in Episode 5.

Not sure if you’ve seen the episode or just read what I posted, but here’s a look at what I was referencing either way:

Thanks for sending - I watched the episode. I thought it was awesome…I know the consensus is that Kate is the least interesting, but I think she has excellent comedic timing. I appreciate the levity she brings given the Barton and Echo stuff is a bit more somber.

Thanks for sending - I watched the episode. I thought it was awesome…I know the consensus is that Kate is the least interesting, but I think she has excellent comedic timing. I appreciate the levity she brings given the Barton and Echo stuff is a bit more somber.
The dialogue for Kate was much better and actually funny (and heartwarming at times) in this episode. I felt like the comedy fell flat the first two episodes.

This episode was a great step-up from the two episode pilot. You can tell who's actually involved, as it feels quick, simple, and precise. Can't wait for EP4 next week.

Also, the way they made Maya Lopez relatable in the span of 5 minutes is outstanding. As is Jeremy Renner's mannerisms with the phone call scene.

I've seen rumors more pointing towards EP4 having an endcredits with Fisk. They've nearly slipped it too I think of talking on EP4.

This episode was a great step-up from the two episode pilot. You can tell who's actually involved, as it feels quick, simple, and precise. Can't wait for EP4 next week.

Also, the way they made Maya Lopez relatable in the span of 5 minutes is outstanding. As is Jeremy Renner's mannerisms with the phone call scene.

I've seen rumors more pointing towards EP4 having an endcredits with Fisk. They've nearly slipped it too I think of talking on EP4.
Echo's opening was such a great introduction to the character and I was so excited to see Zahn McClarnon play her father after his roles in Reservation Dogs and Doctor Sleep. You get a real sense of her pathos and I'm excited to see her story.

I'm loving this series so far.

On a more personal note, I really appreciate that Clint is using a hearing aid. My nephew has had difficulty with his hearing since being born and he hates wearing his hearing aids. He loves the MCU and I hope that seeing a hero like Hawkeye wearing his hearing aid, might inspire him to wear his.

I'm loving this series so far.

On a more personal note, I really appreciate that Clint is using a hearing aid. My nephew has had difficulty with his hearing since being born and he hates wearing his hearing aids. He loves the MCU and I hope that seeing a hero like Hawkeye wearing his hearing aid, might inspire him to wear his.
Based on what Echo said to him in this episode today, I think we will see Hawkeye abandon the hearing aid by the end of the season sadly.

Echo is okay but I’m disappointed that the villain isn’t Yelena, given how the Black Widow post credits scene seemed to have set up a conflict between her and Clint; and it would seem kinda convoluted to bring Yelena in given all the other hicamajoos going on now.