HBO's The Last of Us | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's The Last of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunate. Up to 34,000 1-star reviews and sitting at a 7.9/10 compared to the first two episodes which were both 9.2/10.

Just watched the first three episodes and I'm still recovering from episode three. I knew what to expect and still feel emotionally drained. Nick Offerman gave an amazing performance.

This happened with Part 2, hardly surprising this has happened yet again.

TLOU community has some genuine stinkers.
Yup, TLOU fandom isn't quite as toxic as Star Wars but it's close. TLOU Part 2 was a great game that people just crapped all over because of things that had nothing to do with the game. I'll admit one situation in particular Joel's death, but I have all the confidence in the world that the show will handle it extremely well could've been handled a little better, but other than that, it was brilliant.

I think Director cuts are perfect "filler" for when we want more content but wont get season 2 for over 2 years

Also SW base to me isn't toxic, Lucas wrote some of the best world building ever but failed at many basic things like making the actors feel like real people and the sequels has nooooo idea what it wants to do. While someone will always be upset that Rey is a women, I'm upset that she just felt plain and boring compared to Luke. Luke is a whining kid that becomes one of the most baddest jedi's ever and learns alot on his way...Rey is like good at everything and is only taught about the force kinda and just never feels like she could have lost which to me is boring
Its on the writers to watch shows like this and see how to make your characters badass yet human

I'm not denying that it exists, it's just about if it's actually better. The episode we got was perfection and I can't think of anymore emotional cards they could've pulled.

If they want to release it in between seasons as @Jerroddragon, i'll gladly watch it since Season 2 won't come until 2025 in all likelihood. They haven't started on Season 2 yet so it's gonna be awhile. Season 2 will probably be premiering shortly after Season 1 of God Of War on Amazon Video.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Just caught up!

I have never played the game(s), so I think this show definitely stands on its own. The first episode was an unbelievable action piece, the second an unbelievable horror piece, and the third was just unbelievable. I cannot get over how good this is.

I'm a big George A. Romero fan and a bit of a zombie snob (I know! Not zombies!). Walking Dead lost me after the second season where they were looking for the girl in the woods every episode and had to have at least one needless zombie kill every episode (looking at you, bloated well zombie). Zombieland was funny but that's it. I could go on and on, but I've never seen anything like this.

The writing, directing, and acting are just superb. I had no idea who these characters were and I am now all in. Tess! Oh boy.

This show has been just flat out amazing.

Yup, TLOU fandom isn't quite as toxic as Star Wars but it's close. TLOU Part 2 was a great game that people just crapped all over because of things that had nothing to do with the game. I'll admit one situation in particular Joel's death, but I have all the confidence in the world that the show will handle it extremely well could've been handled a little better, but other than that, it was brilliant.
What would you have changed to improve it? I totally don't mean this in a stand-offish way I am just genuinely curious as to what you would have preferred them to do?

What would you have changed to improve it? I totally don't mean this in a stand-offish way I am just genuinely curious as to what you would have preferred them to do?
Better writing. The end result is fine, I’m not one of the weirdos butt hurt about that. The writing that lead to the end result can be better in the show is all I’m saying, there’s some subtleties and slightly better character progression that they need to change and it’ll be fine.

His death is fine but I almost didn’t feel anything when I played it? I was shocked and I can see how it can play great on TV, but I feel like there needs to be more of an impact upon his death. Also, I felt Joel was a bit too welcoming of an entirely outsider group, but maybe that’s just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo
Probably the weakest episode so far, however it was still really enjoyable and sets up episode 5 to be really tense.

Speaking of Episode 5…

I really liked this episode. Similar to Episode 2 to me, but how they approach the changes due to the geography basis allows a lot more depth and exploration to Joel and Ellie's dynamic.

Love how we don't have to wait long for it either. Now make sure Episode 9 is on the Friday night and not competing against the Oscars.

Reactions: Nick
I really liked this episode. Similar to Episode 2 to me, but how they approach the changes due to the geography basis allows a lot more depth and exploration to Joel and Ellie's dynamic.

Love how we don't have to wait long for it either. Now make sure Episode 9 is on the Friday night and not competing against the Oscars.
The progression of Joel and Ellie’s relationship is being handled nicely and the changes to explore our human antagonists for this episode was very nice as in the game, they were there, but there wasn’t really a story behind them. They were just goons you got yourself past to progress the story.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I'm...not so sure about that. The Oscars are not the big draw they once were and with Episode 9 being the finale, HBO might want to keep everyone watching that at the same time.

The progression of Joel and Ellie’s relationship is being handled nicely and the changes to explore our human antagonists for this episode was very nice as in the game, they were there, but there wasn’t really a story behind them. They were just goons you got yourself past to progress the story.

Reminds me a lot of the WLF in Part 2; how ND wanted to make you realize who they were up against and fleshing that out as best as possible.

Reactions: Nick
Its a set up episode for sure but it was dam good at setting up the next episode, I'm pretty excited for next week. Also it comes out Friday to avoid the superbowl