What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - Employee Preview Night

An' for the record this guy felt The Shining was the weakest of the new mazes as it didn't translate well for scares.

Seems like of all the mazes, Saw & ToT is getting the least footage, Saw in particular. That's disappointing, as I was looking forward to those two.

Seems like of all the mazes, Saw & ToT is getting the least footage, Saw in particular. That's disappointing, as I was looking forward to those two.

I wouldn't fret about this, once the event opens the usual suspects (Socal Attractions 360, ThemeparkHD, Inside the Magic etc.) will be posting full walkthroughs of everything. You just have to be paitient.

Last edited:
While I'm gonna' wait on videos which'll show more detail and whatnot, from what I could see of BoH...ehhhhhh.

The Purge looked like a mini version of the gauntlet, Happy Death Day was...there. (It's not a plus, but at the same time it's not a negative) As for Sinister, I'm dissapointed. Especially since it looks like the biggest setpiece for it is a scene from Sinister 2 (Which I hated), I didn't care for this scene in the movie, and it doesn't work in a maze.

After watching videos of the mazes; and reading thoughts, this year to me seems weak right now. Why? There is a simple answer, and that is that Saw, AvED, Shining, and Titans are in the wrong locations.

Since the leaked lineup and where the mazes would go, my fears for this year are not with how they will handle the IP (although that's important), but where they put it.

It's a fear of mine, and that I honestly hope to be wrong, but it's elements like that in which that makes me want OC.

And speaking on TT, @foodstam makes a valid point. Honestly, this year feels meh compared to previous times that the New Line Trio are up there, and Chucky is quickly forgotten in the midst of it.

He seems forced to be there. And to be honest, the Terror Tram this year seems forced. Compared to last year, it won in that it had not only an interesting story, but it was unique from previous TTs to prove it.

Just some initial thoughts on the morning of LA getting either the 2024/2028 Summer Olympics.

Last edited:
Seeing the Sinister scenes, I wish they utilized more of the snuff films. I only saw 2, the one at the end of Sinister 1 and the rat one from Sinister 2. They could've easily done a few but I guess it might've just felt too similar to Saw(in the sense you're watching someone else and getting scared by the same thing over and over, Baghuul/Jigsaw's minions)

From what I've heard from the people I know who went, Saw and ToT were the best houses. Everything else, they said, was terrible.

Not gonna look at pics or vids because spoilers, but are y'all sure the Shinning was amazing? Everyone I know keeps saying Saw is the best and Shinning was black wallapolooza.

From what I've heard from the people I know who went, Saw and ToT were the best houses. Everything else, they said, was terrible.

Not gonna look at pics or vids because spoilers, but are y'all sure the Shinning was amazing? Everyone I know keeps saying Saw is the best and Shinning was black wallapolooza.
actually from the videos i saw shining didn't have any black walls and was awsome, saw was second best, the majoroty of the traps was the same from 09 but holy crap the way they did the new effects for those traps was amazing, also really freak, the shinning https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.ne...hinning.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121103212150