Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Universal Monsters

Frankenstein in the trailer had too skinny of a neck, but YESSSSSSS, that video was good, my favorite other than the Stranger Things one! If the music in the trailer is what it'll be like, then I'm all aboard for Slash, sounds like it'll have a pretty cool tone. Like someone else said, was hoping for downright gothic horror, something La Llorona style, but this will do and anything is better than freakin' dubstep. Hopefully this maze does amazingly well and we'll get it another year and they'll go a more gothic route with the sound design. It'll be like we're going backwards, first we had the remix and the remix resurrection, now we have just the Universal Monsters, and hopefully after that, for a earnest take on it, we have... uh... Universal CLASSIC Monsters. I don't know.

I'll go through the efforts of updating with what's mentioned at the hour and a half SLA Panel..

• Nine Films to be featured:
    • Frankenstein
    • Phantom
    • Hunchback
    • Dracula
    • The Mummy
    • The Invisible Man
    • Bride of Frankenstein
    • Son of Frankenstein
    • The Wolf Man
  • Beginning to be inspired by British Graveyard site, Highgate Cemetary.
  • Graffiti will be used
  • Frankenstein will be the first film represented
  • Cemetary will be where the maze begins, as the catalyst is of all of the Classic Monsters rising up from their graves
  • A Crypt will be used as transition from Cemetary Scene.
  • Crypt scene will have Living Statues, The Creature (Frankenstein's Monster), and Wolf Man
  • After the Crypt will be Frankensteins Castle
  • Village members will be around this scene
  • Frankenstein's Castle will borrow from Bride, with it on fire
  • The Maze will reference the Film Vault fire
  • Invisible Man's design inspired from Halloween 2016's ending
  • The Creature will be a prevalent factor of the maze
  • The Phantom's Underground lair to be featured
  • Dracula and his brides to have a "Blood Feast"
  • Dracula's collection room to have projected Spiders
  • Reinfield to be in the maze
  • Henry Frankenstein and his assistant will have a role
  • Maze has an orchestrated total of 19 tracks from Slash
From @HHNManics

Last edited:
info from scare la

movies will include
  • Frankenstein
  • Phantom
  • Hunchback
  • Dracula
  • The Mummy
  • The Invisible Man
  • Bride of Frankenstein
  • Son of Frankenstein
  • Wolfman
house will start in graveyard inspired by highgate cementary
grafitti will be laid out in the gravestones
Frankenstein is the first movie you're see.
After you go through the Cemetary you go inside a crypt like Bride of Frankenstein. There will living statues inside. You going inside Maria's crypt [flower girl who was drowned] and Frankenstein goes inside there looking for her. The Wolfman will be there too.
After you exit the crypt you enter Castle Frankenstein going to Hell like Bride of Frankenstein and it will be on fire with smoke coming out. The villagers will be scare actors outside.
You will see Frankenstein for most of the attraction.
The Villagers will try to burn down the Film Vault inside the UCM maze and Frankenstein will come out of a projection of the Frankenstein trailer.
invisible man room will be similar to the pumpkin room in halloween 2.
the Phantom's Lair with Organ Music Playing will be there.
After that you will enter the Blood Feast with Dracula and his Brides.
there will be a Collection Room and will have projections of Spiders and Reinfield will be there.
you then enter the Lab. Frankenstein's Assistant [think it's ygor] will scare.
Dr. Frankenstein will be there and he is trying to reassemble the Bride. will be like the body effect in ahs 2016
There's 19 different tracks to Universal Monsters. Each room will be a different score. so 19 rooms.

So it seems like this maze jumps time periods from the present day to whenever Frankenstein takes place? I’m cool with that. This maze sounds REALLY good, like GOAT good. I still think it’s hilarious that, if everything goes as planned, Slash will have been involved with one of the best mazes of all time(UCM) and one of the worst mazes of all time(Clowns 3D)

I'm just like... do we really need 3 Frankenstein films? We couldn't get Creature in there? Mr Hyde? -- who fits really well with Frankenstein and Invisible Man vibes. Already have Hunchback and Phantom in the scarezone. I hope those areas are great, or I'll leave thinking "had more potential."

Just read about Creature being cut out. I guess that makes sense. Rather have a character cut instead of blank walls because of a character added in haha

I'm just like... do we really need 3 Frankenstein films? We couldn't get Creature in there? Mr Hyde? -- who fits really well with Frankenstein and Invisible Man vibes. Already have Hunchback and Phantom in the scarezone. I hope those areas are great, or I'll leave thinking "had more potential."

Just read about Creature being cut out. I guess that makes sense. Rather have a character cut instead of blank walls because of a character added in haha
i can see the son of Frankenstein room was the one to replace cftbl since son is a weird choice for the house.

Just realized that Hunchback isn't going to be in the maze, only the scare zone. Which I'm fine with, although if the maze does come back, it'd be cool to see him.

Also, since Murdy is respecting Universal's heritage, I really hope to see the Man who Laughs in a future maze. I really like that movie (although granted, blood-drinking Reinfield looks exactly like the Man who Laughs, so he still has a little presence)

Also, apparently Son lets Igor show up in the maze, which is something I could see them making a compromise on. Another noticeable thing: although the Mummy shows up, he doesn't appear in a dedicated room, only in the "Collections" room with Reinfield. That feels like another compromise. Mr. Hyde or an Edgar Allan Poe story (Masque of the Red Death?) might've been neat. Still though, I think the stuff we saw looked amazing.

Just realized that Hunchback isn't going to be in the maze, only the scare zone. Which I'm fine with, although if the maze does come back, it'd be cool to see him.

Also, since Murdy is respecting Universal's heritage, I really hope to see the Man who Laughs in a future maze. I really like that movie (although granted, blood-drinking Reinfield looks exactly like the Man who Laughs, so he still has a little presence)

Also, apparently Son lets Igor show up in the maze, which is something I could see them making a compromise on. Another noticeable thing: although the Mummy shows up, he doesn't appear in a dedicated room, only in the "Collections" room with Reinfield. That feels like another compromise. Mr. Hyde or an Edgar Allan Poe story (Masque of the Red Death?) might've been neat. Still though, I think the stuff we saw looked amazing.

Creature being cut sucks, but I would agree that his lack of presence versus more money put into the rest of the maze is a good tradeoff. He'd only make a cameo like The Mummy, anyway.

Man Who Laughs is directly referenced in how they took on Renfield... it's probably the closest we'll ever get, but it's basically a spitting image. I loved the reference, and Murdy loves the character.

While not Poe, Phantom's Red Masque appearance will be in the zone.

Really pumped for this one, guys.