Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Alien vs. Predator

Spoiler talk...

Im really glad our house is different because they focused too much on the human environments, I know their house is based on the second avp but they didn't even do the sewers or power plant or anything. I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with their house as far as the setting goes. Im really glad we get a facility

(Just after one time through and I'm sure will get better) Is it weird that I found the Predators more impressive than the Aliens.

Hate was right. They Have Amped Up This House. way more fog and the actors were on point. That first predator got me real good.

Will they get rid for the tunnel at the end of the house? I heard they were having doubts about leaving it?

It was there tonight. I hope they keep it. It may not be a really exciting climax but being cramped in there with the alien coming at you is cool.

Maybe I've just hit it on the wrong sets but it's been the same for me since opening weekend. I did get to see the cloaked predator effect. I believe it's in the same room as the andriod head on the table.

Maybe I've just hit it on the wrong sets but it's been the same for me since opening weekend. I did get to see the cloaked predator effect. I believe it's in the same room as the andriod head on the table.

I've seen it and you aren't missing anything special whatsoever lol

It's interesting to note that the spine rip, which was mentioned in the article posted by Universal wasn't included in the house.

I feel like that was supposed to go where the Android's head set up is.

Lol I was saying that I just saw it. I thought it was cool nothing amazing but neat to see something new.
Oh whoops misread your post lol

- - - Updated - - -

It's interesting to note that the spine rip, which was mentioned in the article posted by Universal wasn't included in the house.

I feel like that was supposed to go where the Android's head set up is.

I feel like there were a ton of things planned for this house that weren't implemented. Shame too because it probably would've made the house a billion times better unlike now where it's meh

I feel like there were a ton of things planned for this house that weren't implemented. Shame too because it probably would've made the house a billion times better unlike now where it's meh

Indeed there were. That said, imagine how absolutely difficult it is to get the bids for construction of this entire event and they are 250K over budget. That is merely an example... but ideas and designs have to be cut. Imagine the meetings and both the emotional and pragmatic arguments. Fascinating.

Indeed there were. That said, imagine how absolutely difficult it is to get the bids for construction of this entire event and they are 250K over budget. That is merely an example... but ideas and designs have to be cut. Imagine the meetings and both the emotional and pragmatic arguments. Fascinating.

It's always sad to hear about cuts, again these are A&Ds babies so when something like the spine rip is cut you can't help but feel sorry for them. I wish they could've made 24 the way THEY wanted to instead of messing around with expensive IPs and such. I feel like it would've been a way better year

Im not really sure Marketing ever gets emotional about anything lol :lol:

I finally got into this house for the second time tonight. First time I was legitimately frightened by a house. it was mostly timing. I turned a corner at the exact second an alien puppet effect went off right next to my head and and I jumped right into the opposite wall.

This house has improved hugely compared to the way it was during the opening night meetup.

Ok there is an effect in the house that really made me jump wondered if anyone knew how it was achieved...there is a part that looks like a faux window with a dead body hanging down..at one point the body swings forward and a Predator jumps out toward you..but when he swipes at you it turns out there was no window there at all and he lunges out...needless to say, I hit the floor..

Is this a mirror effect or was I just seeing things?

I thought that was just a archway. I never thought it was a window. But he does a good job hiding behind the body than throwing it towards you and then jumps out from behind.