Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Bayou of Blood

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
Image and information to come later

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Bayou of Blood" discussion goes here.

Sounds like a show/photo op zone but that's not a bad thing at all. The idea of sacrifices throughout the night sounds like fun. I loved watching the saws and steam barker kill people and I'm sure it'll be the same thing here. Don't expect it to be that scary but I'm almost positive it'll be entertaining as hell

For the love of HHN I hope your wrong Cole. I don't want no photo ops other than the shack. I really would have loved this to be house (Much the same I felt for The Coven-HHN20) but I guess a street will do. Wouldn't want to copy HOS would we....

For the love of HHN I hope your wrong Cole. I don't want no photo ops other than the shack. I really would have loved this to be house (Much the same I felt for The Coven-HHN20) but I guess a street will do. Wouldn't want to copy HOS would we....

well I'm sure we will get tons of scare actors running around like lunatics but they seem to be really focusing on the show elements in every press thing I've read. This definitely sounds like it would better suit a house (maybe like saw with the sacrifices) but it might be way more spectacular as a zone

well, technically you get scared a lot in the houses. The streets are the only places where fans can take pics. I never understood why people hate photo ops since from the whole event that's the only place where you can take a pic to have something to remember the event by.
you can't take pics in the houses or the shows (B&T)Sometimes when people are taking pics in the street with actors I cannot blame them, that's all they will have from the event sometimes (If people don't buy merchandise or anything

There's a whole tour that lets you take photos inside 6 of the houses. Sure it's a extra charge but well worth it. I don't mind photo ops as long as their done tasteful. The deer last year, I felt was annoying. The bicycle girl was done right.

The whole actor photo thing is always a problem. They will "never" and should never stop for a photo. They get paid to scare. I love doing photography at the event because it forces us to be creative beyond the simple shot. There's no law against taking video to remember the event.

yeah I don't agree that the actors should stop and pose with a person if they ask for a pic.

BUT Uni and sometimes the actors take it too far the other way too, which is my problem. I remember in 2011 if the actors saw a camera they would stop scaring to cover their face. that was just as bad as posing with people. I remember in the Canyon scarezone that year a really angry security guy yelling at people for even taking their cameras off. I got yelled at for texting someone because he thought I was taking pics with my phone. it was not a nice moment.

So, Like you said, talking pics of the zone making you more creative, I agree. Posing is annoying, I agree too.
But since it seems with Universal it is either All or Nothing, I prefer photo ops with actors posing (even if it is annoying) than actors covering their faces or walking the other way to avoid your camera.

Last edited:
Yeah they went through a year or two of running into problems about the photos and scare-actors. I believe they might have clear things up a bit by now. So a few people will ask and sometimes even follow them around. Some get mad and flash them just to blind them. If you ask nicely sometimes they will. I used to a few years ago. Gather a photo-walk, so it was a win-win for both us and the actors. They would flock to our group.

yeah I know the flash can be a problem. I just couldn't believe the actors would stop acting to cover their face for any camera in that Acid Assault zone. Because they were doing the same thing as if they were posing with someone, they would stop walking and scaring. Kind of defeated the purpose of not letting people take pics

Definitely a full 180 from years past with the photos and I'm not a fan of people stopping them for photos, although I do have a few really cool ones. The rule I go by if it is daylight or the area is dead then it is ok but once it gets dark and fills up no more photos. I had some very friendly zombies take an awesome picture of me next to Bruce last year even though the camera was not behaving.

I know it's really early to tell. I was off about the shack. I thought we would be able to walk through it but based on the frame. Looks more like a stage I guess for the sacrifice only. At leas the rest of the zone is looking great!