Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Face Off (Scarezone)

This sounds pretty cool, like other have said could be reminiscent of 7. The only other place I could see them setting something like this up would be in the park which would be pretty amazing. I miss there being scareactors in there, the layout and environment was perfect.

Jake your spot on!

10 different characters within 5 unique environments......aka one area just having a cornfield/pumpkin with 1 different character per cast. Since they never said minions. I would hope they fill it up to be a nice surprise.

For the fans of the show. Anybody's creation your hoping they have?

Jake your spot on!

10 different characters within 5 unique environments......aka one area just having a cornfield/pumpkin with 1 different character per cast. Since they never said minions. I would hope they fill it up to be a nice surprise.

For the fans of the show. Anybody's creation your hoping they have?
There was this awesome merman last season. Really detailed and kinda land of the lost like. That was one of my personal favorites

These are a couple of the characters I really hope are in it:

NUP_146549_1035.jpg

40.png

0.jpg

9fcfb944dde9ffa9025b01d1f22ed7ea.jpg

53b73805b0ec7d09739743eac262fee6.jpg

Yep seeing as on the show it takes hours to apply top to bottom make up. Most I bet will be mask with a substitute costume piece.

I can't really blame A&D cause the parade really has been the major downfall of Hollywood blvd area. Sounds like each year there trying to find a idea that will work.

I did enjoy 7 very much. So I have somewhat high hopes for this.

I never understood why the parade is more important than creating HHN. It's like they have to work around the parade when it should be the opposite way and they should stop the parade for a couple of moths since HHN brings so much money....

messed up priorities if you ask me. it's like the parade is so much more important than the hhn streets

I don't think it's going to be 10 on a cast. In 7 it was one main character and 2 minor. He specifically said 10 different characters. Which leaves it partially ambiguous. I'm thinking two minions, one main.

that would make it 15. so it wouldnt make sense.

Perhaps it is like 7 but with two characters per stage (10 characters total) and then 12 minions around the whole thing (which would be the 22 actors for a zone)

I've always thought the parade should be stopped for the month of the event. Or better yet my idea was to just keep it to the mini shows they perform before the parade. With the park closing early and DA open. Not much of a need.

It's what where thinking. Like 7" only with 5 stages and 5 characters per cast.

I never understood why the parade is more important than creating HHN. It's like they have to work around the parade when it should be the opposite way and they should stop the parade for a couple of moths since HHN brings so much money....

messed up priorities if you ask me. it's like the parade is so much more important than the hhn streets

that would make it 15. so it wouldnt make sense.

Perhaps it is like 7 but with two characters per stage (10 characters total) and then 12 minions around the whole thing (which would be the 22 actors for a zone)

So your thought is Universal should take something away that the kids love in the day time (parade), so the adults aren't inconvenienced at night (HHN)? I know HHN is important, but this might be the first time a family goes to Universal, and I would think they want to make sure they are taking care of all their guests, little ones included.

Last edited:
So your thought is Universal should take something away that the kids love in the day time (parade), so the adults aren't inconvenienced at night (HHN)?

it is not about being inconvenienced... it is about Uni being able to create a Great event. they have not been able to use the streets like they did before and that is hurting the event.
I really miss having good scarezones around the areas that the parade goes. I miss having amazing props,

I dont want to sound like a monster or anything but Besides the parade runs ALL year, while HHN is just one month...
you tell me what's more unfair

getting a less than perfect event because kids love the parade during the day like you said,
or stopping the parade for a couple of months so that the people that wait ALL year for this HHN event can have an amazing experience at the park???
(just because I'm an adult doesn't mean i don't want to have fun too you know...October is the only month a lot of us go to the parks)

Last edited:
So your thought is Universal should take something away that the kids love in the day time (parade), so the adults aren't inconvenienced at night (HHN)? I know HHN is important, but this might be the first time a family goes to Universal, and I would think they want to make sure they are taking care of all their guests, little ones included.

Yep, thats what I would say. Sorry (not really as this is my honest opinion) I don't care one bit about the kiddies I am a adult and I am there for a separately ticketed event that brings in more money then that parade. Am I selfish... yep, Am I a jerk... eh... you decide but I am honest about it.

- - - Updated - - -

it is not about being inconvenienced... it is about Uni being able to create a Great event. they have not been able to use the streets like they did before and that is hurting the event.
I really miss having good scarezones around the areas that the parade goes. I miss having amazing props,

I dont want to sound like a monster or anything but Besides the parade runs ALL year, while HHN is just one month...
you tell me what's more unfair

getting a less than perfect event because kids love the parade during the day like you said,
or stopping the parade for a couple of months so that the people that wait ALL year for this HHN event can have an amazing experience at the park???
(just because I'm an adult doesn't mean i don't want to have fun too you know...October is the only month a lot of us go to the parks)

Yep.

Last edited:
well I don't think is being selfish because the parade runs all year long. We pay our ticket for HHN anyways and most of the rides at the park are closed.
We are paying specifically to have a good time in the houses and the streets. so technically it could be said that having the parade open is it a little bit selfish against HHN fans in the sense that we are still paying full price but having to work around the parade.

besides I think HHN brings way much more money to the park than a Parade does. No one pays a ticket just to see the parade, so even as a money thing for Uni it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

well I don't think is being selfish because the parade runs all year long. We pay our ticket for HHN anyways and most of the rides at the park are closed.
We are paying specifically to have a good time in the houses and the streets. so technically it could be said that having the parade open is it a little bit selfish against HHN fans in the sense that we are still paying full price but having to work around the parade.

besides I think HHN brings way much more money to the park than a Parade does. No one pays a ticket just to see the parade, so even as a money thing for Uni it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

I dont think anyone pays an HHN ticket just for one scarezone either. I'm sure the event would be better if they catered the whole park to just HHN. But they have to balance everything. I get it that it would be better, but sacrificing part (yes a small part) of their core business experience for something that only a handful of fans will even notice, yeah I dont think so.

I will say though, I have never heard of Face Off before, but after checking it online, looks very cool. Lots of potential.

There is definitely a way to have a well themed scare zone with the parade going on I'm the day time. It could go a different route, position the sets in another way ect. There are tons of ways but universal chooses not to do so

I dont think anyone pays an HHN ticket just for one scarezone either. I'm sure the event would be better if they catered the whole park to just HHN. But they have to balance everything. I get it that it would be better, but sacrificing part (yes a small part) of their core business experience for something that only a handful of fans will even notice, yeah I dont think so.

people fly over from all over the country. Some people even fly from outside the US Just to see HHN. you are telling me that they don't notice how well (or not) the scarezones are?

why is universal even bringing scarezones back and didn't stick to the hordes? probably because of the amount of complaints they got on the surveys they do at the exit.

Even the Walking Dead had scarezones when it took over. if just a handful would notice they would have continued with the roaming hordes. I understand kids love the Parade as well and I don't want to sound like I hate kids having fun but, seriously the roaming hordes didn't even stay for more than one year.
People do notice this stuff.

or Better yet, Universal should do a HHN Parade in that case. if the day time parade needs to stay they could at least Bring back the Festival of the Dead Parade to the event. I wouldn't mind losing a scarezone or two if they crated a parade for HHN.

Last edited:
There is definitely a way to have a well themed scare zone with the parade going on I'm the day time. It could go a different route, position the sets in another way ect. There are tons of ways but universal chooses not to do so

Exactly. There are other ways around this if they choose to.

Not sure of there being many different ways around it. Moving the scare-zone to a different spot would be the best option but then you would have an empty long area which would be even more worse than a terrible scare-zone. It's stop the parade or find a way to do a great scare-zone with mobile sets.

Doing a Festival of the dead parade would be a nightmare! Having to have staff to keep guest in lines with the drunks. Think of how it would be if your trying to get to a house and your stuck cause the parade.

Not sure of there being many different ways around it. Moving the scare-zone to a different spot would be the best option but then you would have an empty long area which would be even more worse than a terrible scare-zone. It's stop the parade or find a way to do a great scare-zone with mobile sets.

Doing a Festival of the dead parade would be a nightmare! Having to have staff to keep guest in lines with the drunks. Think of how it would be if your trying to get to a house and your stuck cause the parade.
Yeah that would literally be like Mardi gras ontop of HHN, disaster waiting to happen

Funny thing is, they did it for years...