Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: The Walking Dead: End of The Line

Seems kind of sad that people are hating on A&D and on Mike Aiello for what marketing is doing. Some people probably have no idea what marketing is or that it exists. I bet if someone mentions it to the people hating on facebook they'll be like "What?"

It's like they are responsible for all these choices these past couple of years but they get none of the hate or backlash, must be nice to work in marketing :rofl:

I know its anecdotal, but the Facebook "likes" out weigh the complaints around 20-1. So yes the hardcore fans are mad about the decision and voicing their opinions, but so far it seems the majority of fans are ok with it.

What?! I have every right as a paying customer to complain when the product is below my expectations.

The reason Universal does not have any competition is because no one else has billions to blow.... There is a reason he is not with HHN anymore. Just like he said marketing has the event and it will never be the same. Just like I said since 2008 because of complaining moms wanted to make a big deal about a billboard you see for 4 seconds while driving. The worst decision Universal made was letting marketing get their money hungry paws on HHN. Octobers Fade is correct we are paying customers of the event and have a right for our voice to be heard. With out the fans the event would not be number. Mike and the team need to make a stand and say didn't we make more money with a theme & icon I would say yes. Look at the website, It is so plain. Why you ask? (glad you did) because Universal hired Xstudios to create the site & with this day and age everything is about mobile phones. So what make a mobile site. I want our site & event back! UOLeaker out!

It's not about the Walking Dead, it is about all the houses and streets being complete garbage for the past two years lol I can't tell you how many streets or spots in houses were bare and without actors, creative ways to scare.

Legit 2013 had some of the worst houses I've ever been in and the streets were the worst I've ever seen at Orlando. It's a shame when Hollywood with less money, has two dudes dressed up as scarecrows on stilts being more effective than the entire "street experience" last year. And that has nothing to do with marketing, that's the people in charge of the event not properly staffing areas and houses, and then not adequately training them.

Even the "good" houses last year blew. AWIL was only good because of the puppets, completely overrated house (if you missed the Wolf cues then you were just in an average house)...Cabin was lacking actors, same for Evil Dead, the other 5 houses sucked.

Staring at me is not scary. Universal needs to hire more enthusiastic actors like they used to and then TRAIN THEM scare technique, provide them with quality makeup, masks and prosthetics as weapons and then let them loose. With that alone, it doesn't matter the IPs or story concepts...the actors will provide the scares, the fun, and make the event better.

Staring at me is not scary. Universal needs to hire more enthusiastic actors like they used to and then TRAIN THEM scare technique, provide them with quality makeup, masks and prosthetics as weapons and then let them loose. With that alone, it doesn't matter the IPs or story concepts...the actors will provide the scares, the fun, and make the event better.
This. So much this. They do very little in the way of actually teaching the "actors" (who are all chosen by type casting, not by talent level) any sort of techniques.

It's not about the Walking Dead, it is about all the houses and streets being complete garbage for the past two years lol I can't tell you how many streets or spots in houses were bare and without actors, creative ways to scare.

Legit 2013 had some of the worst houses I've ever been in and the streets were the worst I've ever seen at Orlando. It's a shame when Hollywood with less money, has two dudes dressed up as scarecrows on stilts being more effective than the entire "street experience" last year. And that has nothing to do with marketing, that's the people in charge of the event not properly staffing areas and houses, and then not adequately training them.

Even the "good" houses last year blew. AWIL was only good because of the puppets, completely overrated house (if you missed the Wolf cues then you were just in an average house)...Cabin was lacking actors, same for Evil Dead, the other 5 houses sucked.

Thank you. I'm sorry, I think everyone legitimately forgot how terrifying this event can be. It's not just about The Walking Dead. It's the whole event that's tanking - starts at the theme selection and it trickles all the way down...

I know some always say "you complain but you will go anyways" but that's not really the point.
Also, I know Universal ultimately cares about money, but, Who doesn't care about money? what company or studio doesn't care about Money? Every time a movie or a ride is made, the goal is how much money can be made.

But at the same time, look at how amazing the Potter stuff is at Universal. Look at the attention to detail, Look at the Potter movies themselves and how much work and dedication went into them. Of course companies want money, How can you blame them? that's the end goal

But I wish the same kind of attention and dedication that is going into making the park a better place like adding the Springfield area and the Potter land was given as well to HHN from the higher ups. Yes ips will bring in the masses but why not create and event that will leave people speechless?
Is like With Potter, yeah tourists will come no matter what. People will want to see it, but they still worked so hard to make it an amazing and unbelievable experience. Why can't they do the same for the Halloween event? And the thing is that, they already used to do an amazing job. It just doesn't make sense now.

(I am aware that Universal had nothing to do with the movies and that the people that worked on the Potter rides are not the same people that work on HHN, I know Potter has not opened yet, but I'm Just trying to prove a point)

Agreed 100%

You all have to admit that 2008 billboard was pretty damn terrifying. I remember my first look into horror nights back in 2005. I was a kid on my elementary school playground and they decided to have a billboard of the storyteller staring at us and it legit freaked us all out lol. 2008s marketing was downright scary and way too graphic. You really can't blame marketing for wanting to tone down the event after all of that

What was the 2008 billboard? I can't remember one being super over the top, but honestly maybe if they did advertise it as being a much scarier event than it has been it would limit the number of young children that are there.

What was the 2008 billboard? I can't remember one being super over the top, but honestly maybe if they did advertise it as being a much scarier event than it has been it would limit the number of young children that are there.

BloodyMaryBillboard

the image they used for the 2012 billboards was way more scary than that one, and the irony is that it was the one marketing used, yet they went with a picture more graphic than in 2008

jACb6xbOQnZGk.jpg

the image they used for the 2012 billboards was way more scary than that one, and the irony is that it was the one marketing used, yet they went with a picture more graphic than in 2008

jACb6xbOQnZGk.jpg
Damn I forgot about that one!!! The Alice cooper and resident evil ones were pretty gory too. I think Mary was just more psychologically creepy for kids. I don't know a single person that wasn't scared of that lady in the mirror at one point in the lives

Damn I forgot about that one!!! The Alice cooper and resident evil ones were pretty gory too. I think Mary was just more psychologically creepy for kids. I don't know a single person that wasn't scared of that lady in the mirror at one point in the lives

I don't know, the walking dead billboard even creep me out a little when I first saw it because I didn't expect to see something so gory. It makes me wonder how many parents complained about that one.

And then, even the one used for last year with the walker with his hand towards you was creepy as well. creepier than Bloody Mary. And this year we will probably get another gory WD billboard.

Seems like if the gory and scary billboards are coming from marketing then Uni doesn't have a problem with them.

You all have to admit that 2008 billboard was pretty damn terrifying. I remember my first look into horror nights back in 2005. I was a kid on my elementary school playground and they decided to have a billboard of the storyteller staring at us and it legit freaked us all out lol. 2008s marketing was downright scary and way too graphic. You really can't blame marketing for wanting to tone down the event after all of that
I wouldn't call it scary...rather intimidating..I remember 2001-2005 having really intimidating billboards that made you nervous to go to the event...now it seems like the feeling is "Oh hey, Walking Dead is gonna be there, love that show"...There is nothing intimidating about zombies..they are slow, unintelligent and everywhere...A human that is psychotic (Storyteller, Caretaker, Director, etc) or a legend come to life (Bloody Mary) is much more intimidating..regardless of blood..remember gore does not always equal fear (rarely actually)..there is a reason everyone found The Conjuring so terrifying and Saw a bore...I think there is power behind a character that comes from Universal Creative

remember gore does not always equal fear (rarely actually)..there is a reason everyone found The Conjuring so terrifying and Saw a bore...I think there is power behind a character that comes from Universal Creative

well, when it came to the BM billboard it was because of scared children and angry parents complaining. The reason why bloody mary got so many complaints in the first place was because it was scaring kids. her face was too scary.
but if you ask me the zombie face from 2012 is a lot more scary for a child he looks like a horrible monster. I don't even understand how Universal approved that walker face seeing how bloody and scary it is to begin with.

well, when it came to the BM billboard it was because of scared children and angry parents complaining. The reason why bloody mary got so many complaints in the first place was because it was scaring kids. her face was too scary.
but if you ask me the zombie face from 2012 is a lot more scary for a child he looks like a horrible monster. I don't even understand how Universal approved that walker face seeing how bloody and scary it is to begin with.
Plain and simple because Universal marketing is full of idiots.... I will say this will probably be my last HHN I have been to every single HHN.It is getting to the point of wasting my money I spend $8k or more at Universal Orlando through out the year. :bang: