HHN 24: When are You Going? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 24: When are You Going?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let me tell you that HHN drunks are NOTHING compared to the HOS ones, imagine local club d-bags that try to fight everyone and everything. Your safer bet is at HHN, I'm sure she'll love it. I was her age when I went for the first time (didn't like horror movies back then either) and I had a blast. Definitely take her

I have never not felt safe at HOS,or HHNs for that matter, anywhere there is alcohol you have people who there just to party and others who will drink way to much.

- - - Updated - - -

It definitely does, call them annoying but they're doing their jobs. I love hearing stories of scare actors being punched and security taking them out. The actors and guests are in great hands

This happens all over the United states and is not a problem for just theme park haunts.

I have never not felt safe at HOS,or HHNs for that matter, anywhere there is alcohol you have people who there just to party and others who will drink way to much.

- - - Updated - - -

This happens all over the United states and is not a problem for just theme park haunts.

I almost got in a fight during the line of the Phoenix and dodged a punch from some wannabe jersey shore looking ass***e. It was because I was young and vulnerable at the time (I had braces) that he pitched the fight. No secuirity was there either. Thank god my parents always told me to never fight a adult or I would've gotten my ass kicked AND I would've been kicked out of the park lol. That's why I'm rough on HOS drunks and security

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks anihilnation, getting super close!!

Yeah I was including the drunks but its a little bit more than just the drunks; lots of teens acting all tough cursing and saying non-family friendly things, people smoking in lines or places they aren't supposed to, and those that sneak pot in. If we do take her this year, I think we hit up a decent number of houses and get out before it starts getting to fun.

That's a good way to be, in that case I'd ignore bill and Ted aswell because it's not the place for a 12 year old especially at the later shows

Last edited:
That's a good way to be, in that case I'd ignore bill and Ted aswell because it's not the place for a 12 year old especially at the later shows

Yeah she's definitely not ready for Bill & Ted no matter how much I want her to be. My biggest worry is just putting her in an environment that is meant to be scary and having her worry that it isn't as controlled as it actually is, which would make her more anxious. I just want her to love it as much as her mother and I do, would make it way more easy to go the number of times that we go if they came came with us.

I'm probably blowing it out of proportion in my mind, she's seen Duval Street more than a few times.

Yeah she's definitely not ready for Bill & Ted no matter how much I want her to be. My biggest worry is just putting her in an environment that is meant to be scary and having her worry that it isn't as controlled as it actually is, which would make her more anxious. I just want her to love it as much as her mother and I do, would make it way more easy to go the number of times that we go if they came came with us.

I'm probably blowing it out of proportion in my mind, she's seen Duval Street more than a few times.

I might be going really deep here and I apologize if it comes off corny but I find horror nights to be a very bonding event. When I go with friends and sometimes family, I feel safe with them even though I know it's all fake, I feel a ton of comfort when people I care about are around me. I obviously don't know about your personal life or the relationship you have with your stepchild but if she is comfortable about going with you then I see no problems whatsoever. It could possibly make the bond between you both more powerful and trustworthy. This is coming from a person with 2 parents and 2 step parents BTW :thumbs:

Not corny at all Cole, that's what I'm hoping for. I just wish she would watch a few real horror movies first to know what she's in store for and what the houses are actually about before she's thrown headfirst into them.

Anyways sorry to derail the thread. I'll be there most likely opening Friday and Saturday, maybe Friday and Sunday the next week depending on if I can get the groomsmen and wedding guests to go, and then at least every Friday from the third on most likely.

Not corny at all Cole, that's what I'm hoping for. I just wish she would watch a few real horror movies first to know what she's in store for and what the houses are actually about before she's thrown headfirst into them.

Anyways sorry to derail the thread. I'll be there most likely opening Friday and Saturday, maybe Friday and Sunday the next week depending on if I can get the groomsmen and wedding guests to go, and then at least every Friday from the third on most likely.

Wait until the IP's are announced then start watching them as a family, that' what I always do and it gets you incredibly hyped!!!

I've gone the past two years with my daughter, who will be 15 at the start of HHN. She loves horror movies and has seen a lot, but she is usually pretty scared the first few nights we attend. We usually purchase the Frequent Fear w/ Express and go a lot. This year, however, I'm guessing she will want to explore the park with friends on some nights, rather than hanging out with her Dad. Do many people go alone or plan group meet ups at all?

I've gone the past two years with my daughter, who will be 15 at the start of HHN. She loves horror movies and has seen a lot, but she is usually pretty scared the first few nights we attend. We usually purchase the Frequent Fear w/ Express and go a lot. This year, however, I'm guessing she will want to explore the park with friends on some nights, rather than hanging out with her Dad. Do many people go alone or plan group meet ups at all?

I went alone one night for the first time last year. It was actually pretty fun, I just did whatever I felt like doing and would talk to people in the lines. It really was rather enjoyable.

Like I said, in the first house (walking dead) my daughter was mega scared, she was clinging super hard to me and suddenly said to me in a hushed voice: "I really am very scared"; I was afraid we'd have to go home, but then as soon as we got out of the house, in just a second or two her whole demeanor changed and she was like: "this is awesome!" So it was just a matter of getting over that initial shock ... and before not too long she was laughing at people who were scared lol (she startles easily, my daughter, so everything scares her, but at the same time it does not if you get my drift), the one time that I got startled she even laughed at me lol ... and there was a funny situation in La Llorona, there was a couple in front of us and the boyfriend ditched the girl by running ahead in the maze leaving the girl all alone, at moments she would just stand there paralyzed and to make matters worse, she was wearing sunglasses inside the maze ...

In any case, we take public transportation, so every time we left around 21h so that I could catch the last connecting bus at the central station.

Cool also that you are an attentive parent who actually thinks and cares about their child!

I almost got in a fight during the line of the Phoenix and dodged a punch from some wannabe jersey shore looking ass***e. It was because I was young and vulnerable (I had braces) that he pitched the fight. No secuirity was there either. Thank god my parents always told me to never fight a adult or I would've gotten my ass kicked AND I would've been kicked out of the park lol. That's why I'm rough on HOS drunks and security.

I had douche bags like that! Anyway, smart choice, sometimes it is better to walk away.

Like I said, in the first house (walking dead) my daughter was mega scared, she was clinging super hard to me and suddenly said to me in a hushed voice: "I really am very scared"; I was afraid we'd have to go home, but then as soon as we got out of the house, in just a second or two her whole demeanor changed and she was like: "this is awesome!" So it was just a matter of getting over that initial shock ... and before not too long she was laughing at people who were scared lol (she startles easily, my daughter, so everything scares her, but at the same time it does not if you get my drift), the one time that I got startled she even laughed at me lol ... and there was a funny situation in La Llorona, there was a couple in front of us and the boyfriend ditched the girl by running ahead in the maze leaving the girl all alone, at moments she would just stand there paralyzed and to make matters worse, she was wearing sunglasses inside the maze ...

In any case, we take public transportation, so every time we left around 21h so that I could catch the last connecting bus at the central station.

Cool also that you are an attentive parent who actually thinks and cares about their child!
My first maze was like that too, takes a while to adapt to your surroundings so my first maze is usually spent with me squinting with my fingers in my ears :lol: I have to say though your kids are incredibly lucky to have parents like you. Both my parents won't step foot in HHN so I've always gone with a buddy or two

- - - Updated - - -

Takes a man to walk away, you did good Cole :thumbs:

I had douche bags like that! Anyway, smart choice, sometimes it is better to walk away.
Thanks guys, it was a fun night but it'll take one or two jerkoffs like that to ruin the entire thing, thank god they didn't :lol:

Last edited:
Going with my 17 year old son for the first time, staying at Royal Pacific 25 - 29. Please enlighten me; what should tix cost and what is rush of fear?
Should we go a couple of nights or is one night enough....thanks

Actually just viewed the website, it'll be expensive to go on multiple night though.

Last edited:
Going with my 17 year old son for the first time, staying at Royal Pacific 25 - 29. Please enlighten me; what should tix cost and what is rush of fear?
Should we go a couple of nights or is one night enough....thanks

Well there are many factors for pricing to get you a better answer but in the mean time I'll try my best. First off I'm assuming Sept 25-29th? Reason I assume that is cause the Rush of Fear is an unlimited access pass used for the first 15 event nights to HHN only. If your staying Oct 25-29th then the rush of fear is useless to you. In that case I recommend the Frequent Fear Pass which is unlimited admission Sun-Thurs. You also could purchase the FFP+ which adds in Fridays on top of the other days. Also keep in mind that both of these passes in the past have also had pricey upgrade options to add Express to your ticket. This will allow you to Skip the lines ONCE each night to each Haunted House and Ride.

Pricing can vary depending on numerous factors and options. Any where from 70 to 250 dollars per ticket. Feel free to give more info as to your stay dates, budget, and so on. That way others like me can give more accurate info. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND this year will see a change to the ticket structure to HHN so many things could change.

As for whether or not you should go multiple nights that depends on what you guys like. I myself will be getting a FFP option of some kind. I always make a concentrated effort to go as many times as I can and I love it. I never get bored and always have a great time! This will be my 14th straight year of HHN and I hope to attend at least 7-10 nights over the course of the event. I've even made out to Hollywood for their event a couple times as well. I highly recommend the event FWIW, and I hope some of this was helpful.

Hatetofly, you are the best...yes we're staying in Sept. My son and I have been going to Uni. together for the past 8 years, skipping last year. Didn't know if we were going to make it again, but we've never done HHN and Potter is opening. Would prefer the FFP+, but didn't see it on the website.

Should I be concerned of those night selling out? The more I think about it, the less I worry about budget, we only live once right? My son graduates next year so this may be the last visit for awhile.

Been following you posts for years and I truly appreciate your help, thanks a bunch!

It will be Rush of Fear for me, great deal $75.99 ea. for all four nights that we will be there. It would cost over $400. ea. to go that many nights after the first week in October.
That's a great consolation for having to go early to HHN. Couldn't have planned it better!

It will be Rush of Fear for me, great deal $75.99 ea. for all four nights that we will be there. It would cost over $400. ea. to go that many nights after the first week in October.
That's a great consolation for having to go early to HHN. Couldn't have planned it better!

I'm doing the same! Plus can't beat RoF with the passholder discount. We plan on going at least twice, so it's worth it.