Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26 House Route/Guide

Like like like like this thread. Forthcoming guide or not, I absolutely want to know the best/favorite strategies for Stay and Scream this year as it's my first year attending opening night and need to gameplan what to do before using Express to maximize coverage. Thanks for all the insight so far!
Just remember with it being opening night it will be busier than other earlier event nights and with the AP event the tents will be busier at the beginning until the residual crowds from the event clear out and move on. If you are an AP then sign up for it, but last year it was rough and I am gunna scope it out this year and see if its worth it or I will bail for a SS S&S.

Like like like like this thread. Forthcoming guide or not, I absolutely want to know the best/favorite strategies for Stay and Scream this year as it's my first year attending opening night and need to gameplan what to do before using Express to maximize coverage. Thanks for all the insight so far!

I always swear by Springfield because I can hit the most amount of houses early and prior years it had the longest lines too.

Just remember with it being opening night it will be busier than other earlier event nights and with the AP event the tents will be busier at the beginning until the residual crowds from the event clear out and move on. If you are an AP then sign up for it, but last year it was rough and I am gunna scope it out this year and see if its worth it or I will bail for a SS S&S.
See, I'm an APH but I didn't really see the point in signing up for the event. Isn't it just madhouse busy? I've got the RoF ticket so it won't be my only night. I just don't see the point in signing up if it just gets swarmed. Wouldn't I just be better off doing S&S? I mean, I know there's no harm in doing it but if I'm not going to use it..

That's what I did last year and loved it. The S&S holding area is also very enjoyable, lots of beer, seating inside and out, simpsons episodes.. etc.

Much as I love Finns, it has become such a cluster during S&S that I usually can't even stay inside. Pretty obviously a fire code violation when you can't even walk inside. Meanwhile, in Springfield, you can grab a lakeside bar stool, enjoy the cool breeze and drink a Duff in peace.

Diagon obviously has the most to do, but Springfield usually gets a 1 to 2 minute jump on them, and that makes a difference.

See, I'm an APH but I didn't really see the point in signing up for the event. Isn't it just madhouse busy? I've got the RoF ticket so it won't be my only night. I just don't see the point in signing up if it just gets swarmed. Wouldn't I just be better off doing S&S? I mean, I know there's no harm in doing it but if I'm not going to use it..
I'd say it be worth it to just sign up and check it out. If you can be there early enough to be towards the front then you can make it work. Plus who knows, with how it was last year people may be turned away and it could be less busy. I only did the opening night one and skipped the other ones, so possibly the other nights aren't as bad, especially the second weekend since FFP don't have the second weekend and FFP+ doesn't have that sat.

I'd say it be worth it to just sign up and check it out. If you can be there early enough to be towards the front then you can make it work. Plus who knows, with how it was last year people may be turned away and it could be less busy. I only did the opening night one and skipped the other ones, so possibly the other nights aren't as bad, especially the second weekend since FFP don't have the second weekend and FFP+ doesn't have that sat.

Thanks for the advice! Stupid question, I realize - but where can I sign up? Is that open yet? I don't see it on the site.

Opening night/weekend AP event may not be the best thing to do. We did opening weekend last year with RoF passes. We did the Annual Pass holder event opening night and Saturday night. I don't know if I would do the AP event again, it was a mad house. People started lining up the earliest at this location. There was a line formed long before the S&S location was even open! We waited about 45min just to get our wrist bands and then immediately went to the S&S area only to be placed in a mob of people, long before the park even closed.

Opening night we were about the middle of the pack when the area was let loose and hit Walking dead first knowing we would exit right into Purge and then Insidious. Well, the crowds were so heavy it was a huge mistake. We waited 45minutes for Walking Dead and that was with just AP holders in line! By the time we got out of that the Purge was 45 minutes! Insidious was up to a 90min wait by the time we got done with Purge. Ended up skipping Insidious and went to first showing of Bill and Ted because AP's had 'priority seating. That was a mad house too. Was still walking to our seats as the show started.

I am a planner and thought I had a good game plan to do everything opening night without express. However, because of our slow start we only ended up doing: Walking Dead, Purge, B&T, Run, Jack Show, Body Collectors and 25 years. We left around 12:30am knowing we would be back a second night with express.

Saturday we did the AP event again but did Purge first (most were headed to the Parade Building again). Waited about 20min for Purge (Tent 1) and then did Insidious (Tent 2) with about a 30min wait. Much better results. We skipped both shows Saturday and were able to do all the houses with express (purge and Insidious twice) by about midnight. The only reason we decided to do the AP event the second night was because we skipped Insidious the first night and heard it was one of the best houses opening night. So we wanted to make sure we saw that house twice (once with a short standby wait and once with express). Had we not wanted to do Insidious twice we most definitely would have skipped the AP event and did another S&S location the second night.

I think everyone is learning that you can do the Parade building then tent 1 and then tent 2 with ease and it is throwing off the wait times drastically. If you do the AP event it is imperative that you are at the front of the mob (and it is literally a mob). We didn't see a lot of people eating/drinking opening night. Everyone was swarming the 'rope drop' area because everyone in the holding area are frequent visitors on a mission. I imagine later in the event when the Springfield area is filled with more 'casual' visitors it is a good S&S area with lots of activities to spread out the crowd. I just don't think it is during the AP event.

Much as I love Finns, it has become such a cluster during S&S that I usually can't even stay inside. Pretty obviously a fire code violation when you can't even walk inside. Meanwhile, in Springfield, you can grab a lakeside bar stool, enjoy the cool breeze and drink a Duff in peace.

Diagon obviously has the most to do, but Springfield usually gets a 1 to 2 minute jump on them, and that makes a difference.
I try to save Finnegans for days when the weather is nicer and just wait outside mostly. Simpsons and DA are great for earlier in the event when it's hot out and you can spend the time in the AC instead of out in the heat.

Here's this year's map:

4zXdVRE.jpg

After a little studying...

-Exorcist and AHS entrances are swapped vs what I thought.

-Krampus is entering from the opposite side as last year.

-No rides are listed on the front like in past years.

-Are we thinking the "new way to experience horror" on page 8 is the VR house?

Yes it is. That also probably indicates that while this is the official map graphics it's not quite in the form it will be for maps issued to guests. Also page 8 confirms the rumored store next to Mummy.

IF this year is set up like last year, on the non-AP early entry nights we'll be looking at these "opening" times:
  • 5:45pm = American Horror Story and Halloween II
  • 6:00pm = The Exorcist, Ghost Town, Tomb of the Ancients
  • 6:30pm = Krampus, The Walking Dead, Lunatic's Playground, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
However, the new tent location behind MIB may throw a wrench in there.

After a little studying...

-Exorcist and AHS entrances are swapped vs what I thought.

-Krampus is entering from the opposite side as last year.

-No rides are listed on the front like in past years.

Yes it is. That also probably indicates that while this is the official map graphics it's not quite in the form it will be for maps issued to guests. Also page 8 confirms the rumored store next to Mummy.

Where are you seeing page 8?