Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Is the express pass you get a printable one that then needs to be redeemed ?

It's either your ticket itself (if you bought EP when you bought your base HHN ticket or as part of ROF+EP combo ticket) or another paper/ticket that has the EP barcode on it.

To redeem it you will need to show it to be scanned to gain entry to the Express line at each house/ride. So, yes it's a separate thing that needs to be printed out.

Tickets plus EP are either print at home or can be printed at the concierge desk at a Universal onsite hotel if you bring your confirmation code + the credit card used to purchase.

I'm planning my first trip to HHN. Do prices normally go up before the event? I'm going Sept. 21-23 and thinking of getting ROF+Express. Is Express needed those days? I'm going to be getting a Seasonal Pass on Sept. 20. Based on past experience, am I better off just buying regular tickets now at the "Advance Price" or get the Annual Pass price in September?

Ok lets tackle this section by section.

I'm planning my first trip to HHN. Do prices normally go up before the event?

Admission prices do not (I have not seen prices go up during or before the event) but Express is variable every night.

I'm going Sept. 21-23 and thinking of getting ROF+Express. Is Express needed those days?

This is very much a personal preference. House lines during the second weekend will vary between two hours for the big houses (Shining and AHS) to 15-30 minutes for less popular IPs and originals. If you have the money go for it, but it's not "needed", especially if you take part in Stay & Scream each day you're at the event. By doing that you can get on the most popular houses quickly.

I'm going to be getting a Seasonal Pass on Sept. 20. Based on past experience, am I better off just buying regular tickets now at the "Advance Price" or get the Annual Pass price in September?

The advance price is just for buying online vs at the gate. Buy your AP then go to the online AP ticket site and buy RoF (or RoF w/ Express) to pick up at will call. Then you'll be golden.

I'm planning my first trip to HHN. Do prices normally go up before the event? I'm going Sept. 21-23 and thinking of getting ROF+Express. Is Express needed those days? I'm going to be getting a Seasonal Pass on Sept. 20. Based on past experience, am I better off just buying regular tickets now at the "Advance Price" or get the Annual Pass price in September?
I bought FFP+Express two years ago. It went up in price about one or two days before the event started. It was a small increase though.

Based on past experience, am I better off just buying regular tickets now at the "Advance Price" or get the Annual Pass price in September?

You get $11 off if you use the AP discount, so $288.99 as opposed to $299.99 for the ROF + Express. ROF + Express doesn't go up from that as far as I know.

I'll be there the same weekend Thursday-Sunday and I find it worthwhile to get it with Express. It comes out to $77 a night for me, cheaper than buying a nightly admission and Express separately.

Any news yet on if we're having AP Early Access nights this year?

KZVx9Vf.png

Yep. No idea how to RSVP, though. Am trying to do this on either the 22nd or 23rd or both, if possible.

They announced it a couple weeks ago, but hasn't opened for registration since. I imagine will come with the full announcement.
I think they may be holding it back a little as you say for the full reveal since it leaked a couple of the originals last year.

Ugggggggggh. I bought passes last week and one of my friends backed out today. What's the over/under on being able to cancel one of my ROF passes with customer service? Same with Scareactor dining experience.

Ugggggggggh. I bought passes last week and one of my friends backed out today. What's the over/under on being able to cancel one of my ROF passes with customer service? Same with Scareactor dining experience.

In my experience - if the pass itself has not been used yet (and it hasn't; event hasn't started), you can transfer it. You just can't transfer a pass once it's been used once.

In my experience - if the pass itself has not been used yet (and it hasn't; event hasn't started), you can transfer it. You just can't transfer a pass once it's been used once.

Yeah... I'm trying to get a full refund on one of the passes. I don't have anyone else that can step in on such short notice.

Has anyone been having problems buying their passes with the AP discount through the website lately. I tried yesterday and today, I click the login and put in my pass ID and it just says invalid pass.

Has anyone been having problems buying their passes with the AP discount through the website lately. I tried yesterday and today, I click the login and put in my pass ID and it just says invalid pass.

Call AP hotline to make sure your pass is still valid. Found out my pass tried to charge an old card and was invalid.

Yeah... I'm trying to get a full refund on one of the passes. I don't have anyone else that can step in on such short notice.
I havent bought mine yet so if they won't give you a refund I could buy your extra. Makes no difference to me where the pass comes from.