HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UV flashes confirmed:

The twisted minds behind Halloween Horror Nights are bringing a fan favorite house back in an all-new terrifying way with Dead Exposure: Patient Zero. Guests will be thrust into Paris in 1982, where a virus is turning people into vicious zombies. As they try to escape the living dead, they will be engulfed in darkness where they will only see what’s lurking in the shadows under bright flashes of UV lights. But beware – guests will never know where someone or something may be hiding…

UV flashes confirmed:

The twisted minds behind Halloween Horror Nights are bringing a fan favorite house back in an all-new terrifying way with Dead Exposure: Patient Zero. Guests will be thrust into Paris in 1982, where a virus is turning people into vicious zombies. As they try to escape the living dead, they will be engulfed in darkness where they will only see what’s lurking in the shadows under bright flashes of UV lights. But beware – guests will never know where someone or something may be hiding…
is this better or worse than strobes?

I was more excited before I watched the video of the old one. Looked kind of boring. Can anyone with firsthand experience share an opinion? Description sounds terrifying, video looks "blah."

Videos don’t do it justice due to quality of cameras 10 years ago, and hard to capture the effects. The whole point of the House was darkness. Zombies were just secondary.

It won “house of the year”, if that helps.

I’d have it maybe in the bottom part of my Top 30 all time.

I was more excited before I watched the video of the old one. Looked kind of boring. Can anyone with firsthand experience share an opinion? Description sounds terrifying, video looks "blah."

Don't let the video fool you, it's a whole lot different when you're walking through it. The original was pretty terrifying. One minute you'd see one zombie, and then there were 4 more. Nothing next to you, and then 2 coming right at you. Plus the sound effects were really spot on. A real sensory experience.

Videos don’t do it justice due to quality of cameras 10 years ago, and hard to capture the effects. The whole point of the House was darkness. Zombies were just secondary.

It won “house of the year”, if that helps.

I’d have it maybe in the bottom part of my Top 30 all time.
The house from 18 is in my top-10 all time. One of the very few HHN houses that ever gave me a sense of dread and serious trepidation. I will say that it seems people had mixed reactions to this house throughout the event's run. I think the intensity was tamed down at points during the event.

:whistle:

The characters of Catacombs being "Patient Zero" would be AWESOME. This would make Catacombs a prequel to Dead Exposure/Zombiegeddon.

BTW, here's the layout of the original. You can see bar looking things over the "piped corridor" scene, which I'm 99% sure were UV lights.

Attachments

• Dead Exposure 2.jpg
    Dead Exposure 2.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if this fellow turned around and had a new-age plague doctor mask on.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 12.21.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 12.21.33 PM.png
    660.7 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: JMalez
Don't let the video fool you, it's a whole lot different when you're walking through it. The original was pretty terrifying. One minute you'd see one zombie, and then there were 4 more. Nothing next to you, and then 2 coming right at you. Plus the sound effects were really spot on. A real sensory experience.

That makes me hopeful.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit