Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Food & Drinks

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but how late are most restaurants in city walk open during HHN?

Red Oven and Voodoo Donuts were both definitely open when I left last night at around 1:15am.

Hey y'all, I've been lurking around the forum for about a month and finally decided to create and account and participate here.. I'll be going the weekend of Sept. 28 and have a question.. Do they still have the little carts throughout lines of the houses that sell beers and such? I've been reading mixed things when it comes to alcohol.. thanks in advance.

Yes, several of the lines had those carts.

Can anyone confirm that the Frequent Fear refillable mugs work during the day? I've seen conflicting reports on them.

I don't know if they work at the machines. But I purchased my mug at Mels at 4pm and they had no problem filling it.

Red Oven and Voodoo Donuts were both definitely open when I left last night at around 1:15am.

Yes, several of the lines had those carts.

I don't know if they work at the machines. But I purchased my mug at Mels at 4pm and they had no problem filling it.

Sounds good! Thanks for the reply brother, have a good day.

Lack of liquor service locations and less food rents but overall it is pretty standard fare. Interesting they brought back twisted taters for the second week.

ive heard the twisted taters are good and some have said the exact opposite. Are they overly greasy?

The only time I ever had Twisted Taters was at Universal Mardi Gras in 2017. They seemed like they were stale, and quite bland. I’m going to try them again tomorrow night to see if that was a fluke.

When it comes to the blinky cups, I had a few questions...are they only sold for the liquor drinks, or can you get one for beer as well (or possibly to use interchangeably)? If yes to the latter, is there a refill discount that applies for beer too?

When it comes to the blinky cups, I had a few questions...are they only sold for the liquor drinks, or can you get one for beer as well (or possibly to use interchangeably)? If yes to the latter, is there a refill discount that applies for beer too?
They have 2 types of blinky cups, one for the mixed drinks (the cup that splits in half with the twisted straw) and a simple one for the beers and Yes, the refill discount applies for both mixed drinks and beers. Side note: The lights seems to not last long.. I had to change my cup three times this weekend. =/

Last edited:

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can get beer in the new, terrible square ones

All the waffle options are garbage. Most of them are legit made with Frozen Eggos and are not warmed or toasted whatsoever.

What’s the point of having a thawed frozen waffle be the vehicle for things? A waffle should be hot or crispy or fluffy. Every Waffle item we tried was just like eating cold dough covered in a bunch of slop. Save your money.

Agree that Pizza Fries should switch to Tots. The Sauce and the Fries are the 2 worst components.