Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Revenge of Chucky

Chucky puppet(s) and barrel of monkeys confirmed.

This zone seems to be pretty low on most people's hype lists, but it's near the top of mine. I was very pleasantly surprised by the HHN19 house and am looking forward to this zone.

That maze was a lot better than people gave it credit for. Cruel sense of humor in line with Chucky's kitsch - Vietnam toy soldiers, barrel of monkey jungle, mutated barbie dollhouse... it was good stuff. Thrilled to see some sort of puppetry/voiceover work involved here.

If you had to predict, which of the films do you think are “must-sees” for the zone? Just the first, or are they pulling from sequels?

They're playing off the Play Pal Toys factory theme, which is most prominent in Child's Play 2. Most of the characters won't be seen in any movie, though, so it's just helpful to have a familiarity with Chucky himself.

Don't skip 2 or 3. I disagree with that entirely. If any, you can likely skip Cult and Curse of Chucky.
yeah I was going to say, 2 and 3 are must watch movies. anything after 3 can be skipped.
Part 3 has that carnival at the end which is really really great. Part 3 has a lot of iconic scenes. might be the best of the sequels.

I personally love Bride Of Chucky because I feel like that one is the most cinematic of all the movies and the one where Chucky looked the best. Also the addition of Tiffany to the franchise was pretty cool and they were great together, i love their bickering and I love Jennifer Tilly in the movie.

But bride of chucky is not a must see for most people.

I feel like around Bride of Chucky, they pretty much decided ... Wait, this is a toy that has come to life .. that's pretty campy. So deal with it! And went full throttle from the true horror realm into the camp

I know some people were wondering how Chucky is going to fill a big zone like Hollywood, but with the stage and the signs being up, I think this zone is gonna' be pretty jam packed when they wheel in the floats! Heck, this seems like the most props they've put in this area for a while.