Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Yet none of those people you're talking about actually care that much... it's sort of reached the meme phase already. At least within people I know.

When one of my friend's gets a response like "That’s an awful complicated way to say “no woman will have sex with me and I’m angry”", or another friend has to leave Twitter because she's getting relentlessly mocked about it... It ain't because they don't care...

Hell, that whole meme page misses the point a lot of the detractors were trying to say.

Hollywood's Halloween maze definitely had a dead dog. They even used a dead dog scent in this room.

The problem isn't the sight of the dead dog, but the seemingly random placement of the dead dog. Unless you pay attention to the details, which is definitely hard to miss, you'd have no idea why a dog is there in the first place. You're expecting a house full of fishmen and mutated workers, then BOOM. It's just an unexpected sight. The people bitching about the people bitching keep neglecting that point and are opting to go for the strawman argument of "BUT IT AINT THE ONLY DEAD ANIMAL YOU DONT KNOW HORROR" just to join the mob mentality.

When one of my friend's gets a response like "That’s an awful complicated way to say “no woman will have sex with me and I’m angry”", or another friend has to leave Twitter because she's getting relentlessly mocked about it... It ain't because they don't care...

Hell, that whole meme page misses the point a lot of the detractors were trying to say.

The problem isn't the sight of the dead dog, but the seemingly random placement of the dead dog. Unless you pay attention to the details, which is definitely hard to miss, you'd have no idea why a dog is there in the first place. You're expecting a house full of fishmen and mutated workers, then BOOM. It's just an unexpected sight. The people bitching about the people bitching keep neglecting that point and are opting to go for the strawman argument of "BUT IT AINT THE ONLY DEAD ANIMAL YOU DONT KNOW HORROR" just to join the mob mentality.
I mean to be fair technically the Halloween one was pretty randomly placed too, unless you knew the original film well and picked up on the "he got hungry" line while walking through there would seemingly be a rotting dog corpse on the floor of Michaels house for no reason.

This conversation will just go round and round because none of us will agree on this. I think discussing this dog has gotten way too serious (and unnecessarily so). I only brought up the twitter account as I thought it was funny that there was a twitter account for the dog. Maybe people on twitter are still going at it but I really don't care about twitter because IU is not twitter. This doesn't need to be as big as people are making it on either side.

I mean, i'm sorry that happened, but clearly the situation that happened with the first person had nothing to do with the dog. Sounds like a creep with some screws loose.

I mean to be fair technically the Halloween one was pretty randomly placed too, unless you knew the original film well and picked up on the "he got hungry" line while walking through there would seemingly be a rotting dog corpse on the floor of Michaels house for no reason.
This too. The only reason anyone is having an argument about this is because it's an original house. This is the way the creators had envisioned this. The crew had a puppy, as evidenced by the pictures in the house. It's not crazy to think that the dog dies as the infection spreads.

Maybe i'm cold hearted, but if it weren't for #HHNTwitter, I could walk through this house 100 times and not blink an eye at that freakin dog.

But at least that stems from the source material, which drove the narrative of Michael's psychosis. In Depths, there is no basis of what to expect. The narrative wasn't exactly clear. I understand better now of why happened and it makes sense but when I first saw Helix/Max, it was a definite "WTF is dead dog doing here?"

I like @SeventyOne point, using the drowned children of La Llorona. That's a part of the story. It's not out of nowhere knowing how the story of La Llorona comes to play. Hence, no outcry. You add dead children to a house like Yeti and people will be like WTF?

This conversation will just go round and round because none of us will agree on this. I think discussing this dog has gotten way too serious (and unnecessarily so). I only brought up the twitter account as I thought it was funny that there was a twitter account for the dog. Maybe people on twitter are still going at it but I really don't care about twitter because IU is not twitter. This doesn't need to be as big as people are making it on either side.

I'm just sayin.... if someone's gonna bitch about it, at least bitch about it accurately. :lol:

I mean, i'm sorry that happened, but clearly the situation that happened with the first person had nothing to do with the dog. Sounds like a creep with some screws loose.

It was a definite troll - but showing how stupid and mean-spirited it's become.

This too. The only reason anyone is having an argument about this is because it's an original house. This is the way the creators had envisioned this. The crew had a puppy, as evidenced by the pictures in the house. It's not crazy to think that the dog dies as the infection spreads.

NOW we know that. HHN has the problem of trying to tell a story as linear and basic as possible, with a lot of the background info told by the creators, UTH, queue videos, or discussion boards. We miss any of the latter, we're in the dark.

Maybe i'm cold hearted, but if it weren't for #HHNTwitter, I could walk through this house 100 times and not blink an eye at that freakin dog.

Cat person. :troll:

I agree, though. It's run its course. I think unless something changes, we should drop the dog convo from here on out.

Last edited:
Maybe they just need a sign before the queue for the house saying 'This house contains scenes of animal abuse. Proceed with caution blah blah...'

Edit: Sorry Brian, didn't see your comment about dropping the dog!!

I just want to know if the waterfall wall is running. I haven’t seen it mentioned at all or in videos.
I can't think of where this would've been in the house at all after 2 walkthroughs, so I'm assuming no? Would love to be proven wrong though because that would've been a great effect.

I just want to know if the waterfall wall is running. I haven’t seen it mentioned at all or in videos.

I can't think of where this would've been in the house at all after 2 walkthroughs, so I'm assuming no? Would love to be proven wrong though because that would've been a great effect.

i think i know what room its meant to be
but it aint working

This house has all sorts of problems...
I’m positive it’s supposed to be the finale. Where the Mouthbrooder is backlit in red, then charges forward. The scene is called “Waterfall" and is structured identically to the Saws and Steam finale.

I’m positive it’s supposed to be the finale. Where the Mouthbrooder is backlit in red, then charges forward. The scene is called “Waterfall" and is structured identically to the Saws and Steam finale.

Ohhhh, that would make sense. He just kind of awkwardly looms there and stares you down for almost a solid 10 seconds until you finally approach him. That did feel really off.

yeah i saw him just standing there moving his arms around

Didn't see this in two runs opening night--sounds like the finale of Saws & Steam. Only water I did notice (and this barely warrants spoiler tags):

There's a tiny little stream down some small ramps--maybe Pinewood Derby size?--alongside a wall. I think it's supposed to suggest the walls are cracking and water leaking in, but it's such a thin flow the vibe is more one of those zen fountains from Pier 1.[/QUOTE]

So, here is some context:

0 - Façade and "Submergion Tunnel" for lack of a better term
1 - "Table for Two" (I feel like that first pool of water is suppose to have a big effect, like a splash)
2 - "Taste the Rainbow" (the mouthbrooder "feeding" the crew member)
3 - Charging
4 - Tool Crib
5 - Water Tunnel (the room with the trough)
6 - Shower (the ripped apart body. The design has drains, so I imagine it's suppose to have water effects)
7 - "Decent"
8 - Escape Pod (poor Max)
9 - Waterfall (which should have a waterfall)

This house needs more water. Especially on the back end.