Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Yet none of those people you're talking about actually care that much... it's sort of reached the meme phase already. At least within people I know.
They care enough to take the time to make fun of the people bothered by it.

A book could be written about the backstage issues this house has had. So much going on and really not a lot getting done. Demoralized is an understatement for the overall mood.

I wonder what would happen if the costumes just stopped working and they had no way of replacing them.
Would it just become a human only house? How would that work with the story of the house?

And, how would they handle the backlash and complaining of the people that didnt get to see it before?

I wonder what would happen if the costumes just stopped working and they had no way of replacing them.
Would it just become a human only house? How would that work with the story of the house?

And, how would they handle the backlash and complaining of the people that didnt get to see it before?
Stop working? Are they motorized in some way?

Stop working? Are they motorized in some way?

It was discussed earlier that the costumes may have had some problems in terms of ease of use/safety for the scareactors (maybe issues with mobility, comfort, or visibility), so I think that’s what he’s talking about there

Update on water effects
Did notice dripping water by the first alien corpse--you don't feel it at all, so easy to miss. Water trough still there, a bit stronger flow. No waterfall at the end.

Early on, one of the creatures' heads was clearly too big for his boo-hole.

Caught more of the video effects tonight, and they are good, even as they raise questions about screenz in an HHN house. But overall just feels like a house that isn't working right.

The dog has become such a popular topic that this guy was telling his mom about it behind me in line in relation to how many people don’t like the house. Pointed it out to the mom and she said she wouldn’t have even noticed it if not for that.

In other news, at least in Cast B’s first set, there was no stiltwalker Friday or Sunday night. The hallway is dark and has a regular infected miner in it instead. Can anyone confirm whether or not Cast A has him?

Oh, and has the diver with her wetsuit unzipped so her bra is out been there the whole time? “Get to the escape pod, I’ll cover you?”

I finally saw the dog, maybe they shouldnt have made him so cute and fluffy. It looks too innocent lol. Maybe it should have been a doberman like in resident evil. Or a tougher dog like a pitbull. The doggie in the house looks like a teddy bear.

I didnt see the stilt, im glad the suits are there but i feel bad for the actors because the suits make the the scares slow and clumsy.

I finally saw the dog, maybe they shouldnt have made him so cute and fluffy. It looks too innocent lol. Maybe it should have been a doberman like in resident evil. Or a tougher dog like a pitbull. The doggie in the house looks like a teddy bear.

I didnt see the stilt, im glad the suits are there but i feel bad for the actors because the suits make the the scares slow and clumsy.
That’s true, but I guess it depends on what scares you. I agree that they’re slow and clumsy and they don’t really scare me, but I’ve gone through a couple of times because of there being no wait and the creatures have given some really, really good scares. People aren’t expecting the sheer size and presence of the creatures; even if we think they look silly, the general public might not. Also, the angles that the creatures can come from, high or low, chest-height or ceiling, etc, are unique and probably what gets people the most.

That’s true, but I guess it depends on what scares you. I agree that they’re slow and clumsy and they don’t really scare me, but I’ve gone through a couple of times because of there being no wait and the creatures have given some really, really good scares. People aren’t expecting the sheer size and presence of the creatures; even if we think they look silly, the general public might not. Also, the angles that the creatures can come from, high or low, chest-height or ceiling, etc, are unique and probably what gets people the most.

I love the way they look, i love the house. And im glad they didnt remove the costumes.
Its just interesting to see them be slower than anything else at hhn

I love the way they look, i love the house. And im glad they didnt remove the costumes.
Its just interesting to see them be slower than anything else at hhn
Tbh slower movement could make some of the scares so much cooler (if they were feasible/if they worked). The mouthbrooder at the end that’s supposed to be behind a waterfall doesn’t have to move super fast, and while the stiltwalker literally HAS to move slowly because stilts, I thought it made the effect just that much better to appreciate in all its glory.

The dog has become such a popular topic that this guy was telling his mom about it behind me in line in relation to how many people don’t like the house. Pointed it out to the mom and she said she wouldn’t have even noticed it if not for that.

In other news, at least in Cast B’s first set, there was no stiltwalker Friday or Sunday night. The hallway is dark and has a regular infected miner in it instead. Can anyone confirm whether or not Cast A has him?

Oh, and has the diver with her wetsuit unzipped so her bra is out been there the whole time? “Get to the escape pod, I’ll cover you?”
Saw her opening night.

Saw her opening night.
Cool. I didn’t see her scare, but I did only do one run-through on the first weekend. Am I thinking too hard about it or is it really out of place to have an entire cast of alien creatures, disgusting infected miners, and beaten-up captains(?) and just have one pristine woman with her chest out? Her scare is on your hard right and almost behind you, so it’s hard to say that it’s for eye candy, but she doesn’t have a scratch on her and we don’t see her (or her corpse) again. For anyone that hasn’t caught her scare, it’s lower than the Rob Zombie leather bodysuit neckline.

Cool. I didn’t see her scare, but I did only do one run-through on the first weekend. Am I thinking too hard about it or is it really out of place to have an entire cast of alien creatures, disgusting infected miners, and beaten-up captains(?) and just have one pristine woman with her chest out? Her scare is on your hard right and almost behind you, so it’s hard to say that it’s for eye candy, but she doesn’t have a scratch on her and we don’t see her (or her corpse) again. For anyone that hasn’t caught her scare, it’s lower than the Rob Zombie leather bodysuit neckline.
Nearly every monster movie outside THE THING has at least a little eye candy. Also, when the timing is right, she's right there within your field of vision.

Is the scene where the infected jams his hand down another miner’s throat supposed to be a part played by a Brooder?? I thought I heard something about that in the plans.

Is the scene where the infected jams his hand down another miner’s throat supposed to be a part played by a Brooder?? I thought I heard something about that in the plans.

I feel like the Brooder hands wouldn't have fit in the mouth hole, which is a great out of context statement.