Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: House of 1000 Corpses

Reciting like speaking out loud or was it a different trigger? And what do you mean it’s included in the opening night videos? I can’t find anything but the skeet king line. I do know that there is another trigger; not sure about the first half, but he does that little clucking song thing that he does in the commercial at the very beginning of the movie. I think they’ve just added on more dialogue, or possibly fixed a broken trigger? Anyway, I can listen out for you when I go again! That’s so cool!
It's "Ski King." "I tell you what, Ski King --" it's from the opening scene where the Captain was yelling at the robbers with ski masks. Ski King was a children's adventure show from the 60s.

Reciting like speaking out loud or was it a different trigger? And what do you mean it’s included in the opening night videos? I can’t find anything but the skeet king line. I do know that there is another trigger; not sure about the first half, but he does that little clucking song thing that he does in the commercial at the very beginning of the movie. I think they’ve just added on more dialogue, or possibly fixed a broken trigger? Anyway, I can listen out for you when I go again! That’s so cool!

Sorry, I meant that in the opening night videos all I see is the ski king line, not the line that I heard. This sounded like another trigger with more dialog. I remember him gesturing the one, two, three with his fingers too, like enumerating something. What are some other known triggers besides the ski king line?

this happens to me all the time at hhn! I always have a great experience, love the houses, then forget all the details...I need to start doing more than one night...

Sorry, I meant that in the opening night videos all I see is the ski king line, not the line that I heard. This sounded like another trigger with more dialog. I remember him gesturing the one, two, three with his fingers too, like enumerating something. What are some other known triggers besides the ski king line?

this happens to me all the time at hhn! I always have a great experience, love the houses, then forget all the details...I need to start doing more than one night...
Pretty sure it's the "You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature?" trigger.

It's "Ski King." "I tell you what, Ski King --" it's from the opening scene where the Captain was yelling at the robbers with ski masks. Ski King was a children's adventure show from the 60s.
You’re right, I misspoke. I closed HHN last night and got up at 5:30, so I’m a mess. I also need to rewatch Corpses anyway.

But I’m glad there’s an answer to the other line question now; it would’ve bugged me otherwise!!

Pardon me for updating a rather old thread, it’s just something that bugged me. After watching the movie for the first time, I decided to look up house walkthroughs of this and the Hollywood version in 2010/2011 out of boredom, and the layout of this house befuddles me.

First it starts in a rather pathetic recreation of Captain Spaulding’s Museum with the unimpressive skull head, then after the gas station there’s this weird room with masks and a screen playing… something, then out of nowhere it goes into the Firefly house, a couple of rooms later there’s another weird room with a screen playing… something, then it goes to the shed and into the tunnels and finally into Dr. Satan’s lair, then after some boring looking tunnels it inexplicably throws right into the exterior of the Murder Ride, after walking into the skull head… it just ends.

Like what was the layout/story of the house supposed to be? why did it throw guests into the Firefly House with no transition, and then suddenly throw them outside the Murder Ride also with no transition but also ended before they actually went inside of the Murder Ride? I’m so confused by this that I actually feel compelled to write my own reimagining of this house which ties it more cohesively. As a matter of fact, I’m probably going to do that soon (could someone link to the thread where we show our own HHN ideas I forgot what it was).

For the matter, the Hollywood “Zombievision” take in 2010/2011 looked better in presentation, although too much time was spent on the tunnels.

Pardon me for updating a rather old thread, it’s just something that bugged me. After watching the movie for the first time, I decided to look up house walkthroughs of this and the Hollywood version in 2010/2011 out of boredom, and the layout of this house befuddles me.

First it starts in a rather pathetic recreation of Captain Spaulding’s Museum with the unimpressive skull head, then after the gas station there’s this weird room with masks and a screen playing… something, then out of nowhere it goes into the Firefly house, a couple of rooms later there’s another weird room with a screen playing… something, then it goes to the shed and into the tunnels and finally into Dr. Satan’s lair, then after some boring looking tunnels it inexplicably throws right into the exterior of the Murder Ride, after walking into the skull head… it just ends.

Like what was the layout/story of the house supposed to be? why did it throw guests into the Firefly House with no transition, and then suddenly throw them outside the Murder Ride also with no transition but also ended before they actually went inside of the Murder Ride? I’m so confused by this that I actually feel compelled to write my own reimagining of this house which ties it more cohesively. As a matter of fact, I’m probably going to do that soon (could someone link to the thread where we show our own HHN ideas I forgot what it was).

For the matter, the Hollywood “Zombievision” take in 2010/2011 looked better in presentation, although too much time was spent on the tunnels.
The screens play clips from the movie which is a cool way to represent the transitions from the Movie.
Now please stop insulting one of the best houses I’ve ever been to : -)

The screens play clips from the movie which is a cool way to represent the transitions from the Movie.
Now please stop insulting one of the best houses I’ve ever been to : -)
I’m sure the house was good scare-wise (never actually attended), but from a presentation standpoint, I mean why go through all this, why didn’t they like have set it up through the Firefly House straight from the get go, it’s not like Captain Spaulding’s Museum played a big role in this. They could have just created a new room for Spaulding or placed him in a room themed to that stage where Baby did her little “I wanna be loved by you” dance.

And it still doesn’t explain why the ending suddenly brought it into the exterior of the Murder Ride.

I’m sure the house was good scare-wise (never actually attended), but from a presentation standpoint, I mean why go through all this, why didn’t they like have set it up through the Firefly House straight from the get go, it’s not like Captain Spaulding’s Museum played a big role in this. They could have just created a new room for Spaulding or placed him in a room themed to that stage where Baby did her little “I wanna be loved by you” dance.

And it still doesn’t explain why the ending suddenly brought it into the exterior of the Murder Ride.
You enter Museum then the murder ride, which depicts the events that happen in the Firefly’s house and Doctor Satan’s Lair, then you leave.
Creative liberties.

You enter Museum then the murder ride, which depicts the events that happen in the Firefly’s house and Doctor Satan’s Lair, then you leave.
Creative liberties.
so from what I understand the entire Firefly/Dr. Satan section is the murder ride itself, instead with all the stuff with the killers like Lizzie Borden in the movie?

so from what I understand the entire Firefly/Dr. Satan section is the murder ride itself, instead with all the stuff with the killers like Lizzie Borden in the movie?
Yes, I found it a neat way to compensate the fact that the space couldn’t be big enough to accommodate the murder ride itself but featured more of the Fireflies.
Also on the first screen transition room you go through the front porch with all of Baby’s decapitated dolls.

yeah the movie itself is the ride itself. I'm the house, the movie scenes are the ride.

kinda like the boat sequence in willy Wonka chocolate factory. the TV screens in this house to me reminds me of the boat scene in willy wonka.