Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Interested to see how swift the jumpscares will be in this house, considering the limited movement that those huge costumes put on the scareactors. Excited nonetheless! Expecting some fun, colorful, slightly twisted visuals and (maybe?) smells!

"Go beyond the mayhem and madness of last year’s wildly popular scare zone and step right up for an entire haunted house experience based on the cult classic film, Killer Klowns from Outer Space. This new experience will feature a gaggle of new characters including the baby Klowns, Boco, and Klownzilla, as well as new scenery like the Klowns’ circus-tent spaceship, and the cotton candy cocoon storage room where they keep their victims.

Throughout the house your sense of fear will be triggered by your sense of smell as you encounter strong whiffs of familiar fairground fare like sweet cotton candy, stale buttery popcorn and ice cream. Don’t be fooled though, these otherwise pleasant aromas are a sign of the murderous gang of klowns that awaits you as you move from scene to scene.

Try to evade them or you’re likely to end up captured in one of their cotton candy cocoons and doomed to a terrible fate. There will be no escaping the big teeth of the Big Top."

Klownzilla confirmed to be in house. Cotton candy cocoon room seems like a lot of fun. Can't wait for this one!

Well I hoping they do it on the lore because I want to see more killer klowns stuff looking at you syfy channel

Last edited:
I am so excited for the scents in this house. I think scents can really make a house (whether they be pleasant scents like in Krampus or unsettling ones like Dollhouse of the Damned's powder-ish scent) and this IP has a lot to offer in that realm. Really interested to see how the cocoon room plays out!

Love the film, and last years scare zone was flat out fun, so I'm quite happy this is a house this year!

Though admittedly, I'm not entirely sure how this house will fair in the smaller space of the Shrek theater. It's definitely a wait and see situation on how that's executed.

Love the film, and last years scare zone was flat out fun, so I'm quite happy this is a house this year!

Though admittedly, I'm not entirely sure how this house will fair in the smaller space of the Shrek theater. It's definitely a wait and see situation on how that's executed.
I'm very intrigued as to how they'll fit Klownzilla in the theatre.

Do we know relatively how much smaller the Shrek theater space is compared to, let's say, a soundstage? Is it literally just the size of an empty Shrek 4D theater?

Do we know relatively how much smaller the Shrek theater space is compared to, let's say, a soundstage? Is it literally just the size of an empty Shrek 4D theater?
sorry if someone responds before me, but I think it's the preshow and the theatre.

My hype meter just jumped up.

giphy.gif

I love that they’re doing this, but can’t get excited for it because of its location. The Shrek building is going to hinder this from being an amazing house. It’s pretty damn obvious this should have been in a tent.